Bring 501st ARF back

Mr.Acorn

Name: 501st Battalion Commander Rex

Suggestion: Give 501st an ARF job

Implementation: Implement an ARF role for 501st in the next update 

Lore: We had ARF on Umbara where they were seen as the first soldiers on the ground for the assault and we have boomer

Add or Change: Add 501st ARF job

Job: ARF Trooper 

Model: 501st ARF

Weapons: DC 15A, DC 15S, RPS 6

Other: If anyone says "you're an attack battalion you don't need ARF" I will remind you the 104th a specialized battalion not used for recon has ARF so there's that. To continue it's also so that because we need a new job because infantry is becoming overflowed and the battalion multiple times has asked me if we can get ARF.

Edited by Mr.Acorn
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, LixCoffee said:

-1 guys sorry but zim and joah already said this was not coming back.

And in the past they've both said you know what we'll see what the community has to say

Right:

• 501st had ARF
  • 501st currently is thriving and should look to push infantry into roles and keep the battalion appealing.

I've seen so many battalion addtions/changes been put forward some make sense and some are meh.

So what harm is this going to do? I'm all full the opinions of the community and to be honest this has also been made because of the feedback from our own battalion who always ask you know what where is the ARF troopers that pushed into umbara with the 501st?

We brought that up when we discussed classes being removed. There is no lore to it. We saw them in the umbaran arc riding ATRTS. That was it. We tried to fight for the class but Joah and zim both said 501st was an attack battalion and recon classes were for the recon battalions. I don’t see why the class is even needed . You guys want the rockets and I know this. I’ve talked to Thad about it. My opinion is that the class isn’t needed. There isn’t a point for reconnaissance in an attack battalion.

1 minute ago, LixCoffee said:

We brought that up when we discussed classes being removed. There is no lore to it. We saw them in the umbaran arc riding ATRTS. That was it. We tried to fight for the class but Joah and zim both said 501st was an attack battalion and recon classes were for the recon battalions. I don’t see why the class is even needed . You guys want the rockets and I know this. I’ve talked to Thad about it. My opinion is that the class isn’t needed. There isn’t a point for reconnaissance in an attack battalion.

why does 104th need them they're not recon either. lore does exist on them and they played a large role throughout umbara. the recon part is also if recon classes aren't needed then why does anyone have ARC which has Recon in the name. Reconnaissance for an attack battalion that is deployed on events by itself a lot with no recon at all and we fly in blind there's also that if we're deployed and a Recon battalion isn't available and with the current state of the recon regiment that may be the case more and more. 

Technically they were AT-RT drivers, not ARF troopers. They have similar training but different helmets.
And I am gonna stay neutral on this, as already after the last update where multiple battalions got rid of jobs, some willingly, some not so much; there has already been multiple people wanting certain jobs back after the agree-ance of the removal in the first place.

• Agree 1

Okay. Before i start i would like to point that in here you will see my opinion as tester  and 501st Officer.

- I was the author of 1st Suggestion about 501st ARF. I have Voided it beacuse acorn said he doesn't want it.

As 501st Officer:

I will tell you all that:

-We have discussed it and decided to make this suggestion.

-We have some candidates for being ARFL. 

-We have done tryout DOC fof ARF Tryouts

- They would be usefull during events.

As Tester:

-501st ARF Troopers are lore friendly.

-They appeared in Clone Wars TV Series.

-501st can use them to recon a way. 501st is mainly at front. What if there is no 91st to recon? That would be lore friendly too.

-This Model is in Current 501st Playermodels Pack that we use so it shouldn't be a big problem.

-501st with their current members needs new regiment.

-501st ARF Trooper would be changed to AT-RT Driver for more lore friendly job.

Others:

-This suggestion is made by Battalion Commander of the 501st @Mr.Acornwhat means BCMD Wants it and agrees with it. Also we can see Head Commander of the 501st @Riddler repplying and +1ing this what is another proof we discussed it and we would like to have it back. Also you can see 3rd member of 501st High Command- Commander  @Spike .

49 minutes ago, LixCoffee said:

Okay so Why 104th Got ARF Then? Beacuse its USEFULL and their BCMD knows about it. As you see 501st BCMD Decided that it will be usefull in his battalion.  

I would like to point some @Jagger's words. 

"A Leader is only strong,as people around them."

That means good Battalion Commander see that his troopers wants ARF.  So he is discussing it with high command/Officers and making a suggestion.

-That 501st isnt in RECON REG Changes nothing. Advanced Recon Forces would be usefull at front lines.

As Part of Development Team and Officer of 501st I am gonna +1 it. Suggestion makes sense.

---[Development team Black/Redeye]---

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

37 minutes ago, Mr.Acorn said:

why does 104th need them they're not recon either. lore does exist on them and they played a large role throughout umbara. the recon part is also if recon classes aren't needed then why does anyone have ARC which has Recon in the name. Reconnaissance for an attack battalion that is deployed on events by itself a lot with no recon at all and we fly in blind there's also that if we're deployed and a Recon battalion isn't available and with the current state of the recon regiment that may be the case more and more. 

I think 104th has it cuz they were in recon when the update launched, and then they went to specialized so thats why they have the class

-1, but not from a you have too much standpoint, from what I have noticed looking at battalions on the server, they either have ARF or MED troopers, the 104th Don't have medical troopers, you do, They have ARF. I think as far as how the jobs are, they are balanced. Unless you would like to remove your medics? I am sure between Torrent company, ARC, MED, JET, HVY, you have more than enough spots for your infantry

Edited by Nyon
  • Agree 3

-1. You are literally the most fleshed out battalion in the game, I see no reason to add more. Plus, whether lore or not, it starts to diminish the roles of the recon units. Why join a recon unit when you can become an ARF trooper anywhere? It would be like more and more people getting grappling hooks, Aerial recon, Shields, etc. The battalions that use it as a selling point start to lose that.

• Agree 1

One of the reasons you want it is "Because your battalion is thriving and you need to keep it appealing" first off, lemme tell you something. You have the second most jobs on the server, you are the 501st, THAT IS YOUR SELLING POINT, your guns are borderline broken (potential for 5k+ damage per mag) you don't need this. If you were replacing a class then it could be ok, since this was one of the classes that you decided to let go and have removed. But that's just my opinion on the subject so take that how you will.

Almost forgot, -1

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, Mr.Acorn said:

Other: If anyone says "you're an attack battalion you don't need ARF" I will remind you the 104th a specialized battalion not used for recon has ARF so there's that. To continue it's also so that because we need a new job because infantry is becoming overflowed and the battalion multiple times has asked me if we can get ARF.

We Recon. We were even in the Recon Regiment previously, thing is we Recon with [large] vehicles. 41st does the sneaky Recon, 91st can do sneaky, aerial or BARC recon. SO does super sneaky Recon.

So, if the area is completely unknown, you'd send 41st/91st. If the area is proven hostile and we are doing Recon on an area we aren't completely sure of hostiles you could send 104th (prepared for assault) or Shadow Company (no chance for hostiles to know we're scouting).

All depends on the situation.

Edited by Zyner
  • Retired Founder

sᴏʀʀʏ, ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ.
ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʀᴇɢɪᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴄʟᴀssᴇs ᴀs ɪs.
ᴀʟsᴏ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴄᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ǫᴜᴏᴛᴇ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ:
"501st currently is thriving and should look to push infantry into roles and keep the battalion appealing."
ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɪ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴘᴜsʜ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜsʜ ɪɴғᴀɴᴛʀʏ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʙɪɢɢᴇsᴛ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ ʙᴀᴛᴛᴀʟɪᴏɴ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ɪɴ-ɢᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇs ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ 212ᴛʜ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.