Add 501st Riot Troopers

Mr.Acorn

Name: Battalion Commander Rex

Suggestion: Give 501st a Riot Trooper With a Shield.

Implementation: A new job would be added to the 501st called Riot Trooper equipped with a 501st DC 15A, DC 15S, and Riot Shield.

Lore: In the battle over Ringo Vinda you can clearly see 501st troopers using shields to push forwards with DU.

Workshop content if applicable: We already have the riot shield on the server and the model would be easy because we'd just pick from one of our extra models.

Add or Change: Add Riot Trooper Job

Job: Riot Trooper equipped with a 501st DC 15A, DC 15S, and Riot Shield.

Model: 501st Trooper 5

Weapons: 501st DC 15A, DC 15S, and Riot Shield

Other: To those who would say "Attack battalions don't need it" I will say this shields like the ones seen in the show and the ones I am requesting are used for the purpose of covering infantry units from ranged attacks as they moved forward. This tactic has been used historically by the Romans in their Testudo formation where shields would be used to make a box and cover the top and front to move the infantry forward in mobile cover for the purpose of attacking. Riot control units use a similar formation using riot shields to cover police infantry to not only force back rioters but also to prevent projectiles from being thrown at the infantry. In both of these cases the shields are used as mobile cover which is how I would have shields be used, they would be used to build cover for us in MHB and Artillery room so we are not so exposed - Acorn/Rex

• Agree 1

Okay so i would like to say as one of persons that were discussing it:

We have discussed all possible classes we can apply to get from classes that werent removed.

-paratrooper: As we know in lore there were clone paratroopers. 501st lore says that there were specially trained 501st legion paratroopers Division.

-AT-RT Driver: During battle of umbara there were Division driving AT-RT's to claim place for LAATs to land during deployment with AT-RT Drivers Leader at front. We have discussed it and it will be lore friendly but it will be to close to ARF Troopers that got removed.

-Jump Trooper: We have discusses Jump Troopers as something like paratrooper and jet trooper in one job. We have decided that it wont be best option and its not really lore friendly.

-Riot Troopers: As we all know 501st were fighting with DU and they were using shields too. Thats why we are applying for that. Also we could see ARC Trooper Echo (propably Episode 19 Season 3) using shield to get into ship.

-ARF Trooper: We have discussed ARF Troopers also too beacuse alot of people asks for it still. But we applied for it once and it got denied so we started searching for something else.

Moving on @Spike  501st CMD Said about riot troopers. @Mr.Acorn said that its idea he most enyojs. We have discussed it and @Mr.Acorn as BCMD of 501st have decided to apply for this thing. Captain @Stix said that its really good idea. Mainly if its getting on propably CMD Spike will take care od the regiment. 501st got only 4 regiments and all are full. We are purging them very often and they are still full. 501st really needs new regiment. So if its get denied. We really will ask for help. So if u have any suggestion for the new regiment please PM it to any 501st Officer. Thank you for reading. Hope you like my opinion. ALSO There come

+1

~501st TC ITO DHWSO 2ndLT Redeye

Edited by Black

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

I agree we are in need of a new sub class for the battalion, but as stated above DU run the shields and is the main "Special" thing they run in the battalion and is basically the way they market the battalion as unique.

I'd say we bring it up in the battalion meeting possibly get Zim in to ask what are the realistic options on the table for a potential sub class for the 501st.