24 Hour Deployment (actually 7.5) - Rohan

Synergy

• System

Name: A'den

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:155676106

Who helped (If applicable): Gohn, Jake, Zeros

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional):

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided): This was a test run to see how the server works with a big scale deployment on a different map with different systems and more. I wish to hear any and all concerns and enjoyments regarding this deployment.

Did any Bounty Hunters Participate: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yTmZhtT9HbSsIUBDm2ecLMQQOPgSpdf3180Fj8boq8g/edit

Please rate using this scale

unknown.png

Please Rate 1-5 on each of the below categories (5 being perfect, 1 being horrible)

Gameplay:

Care and Effort:

Server Performance:

I will admit. 501st did not do a lot, but that was our own fault. Not the GM's fault. It seems that everyone else had a great time. So I'll give it a 5/5/5 A 24 hour deployment can develop a crazy good story. It might be a bit more difficult to run, but I hope to see more of them!

• Informative 1

Former Rex - Fives - Walon Vau

4/5/5 I really like the station out Besh and passive RP, do again!! BTW Not dogma im ridge LOL

• Friendly 1

spacer.png     

Current: 501st Ajax

Former: TC REGL Kano, TC REGA Dogma, TC Hardcase TC REGL Tup      41st Clanky,   41st Cooker WP REGL Sinker WP Mortar 332ndO Ross 332ndO Gunner

Veteran Admin

4/4/5

• Friendly 1

Current: 501st BCMD Rex | Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager | Quest Master TRO
Former: 332nd Captain Vaughn (x2) | Torrent Company Commander Appo | 501st Regimental Advisor | 332nd Officer Vyse (x3) | TC Officer Kano | TC Officer Tup | TC Dogma

96e1f283745a8d13665184e2f4d1c2c787303b42
IM BATMAN

Head Admin
Just now, trlckxx said:

Worst 24HR deployment! did not have much fun did not make much sense. -10

any uh elboration?

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

4/4/5 Enjoyed most encounters throughout, though SOBDE/Zeus treason thing was a bit confusing. Was a nice refresher to spend some time on a different base. Didn't really like the HVT's pressing with the kyper-rocket launcher thing and the OP minigun. Was a fun change of pace though and encouraged more consistent RP throughout the day.

• Informative 1

4 | 5 | 3 - I really like the idea of a long deployment like this and the GMs involved in this cared a lot so it was fun as shit to be there. Some parts got a little weird but theres always kinks, was really fun otherwise so thanks yall

• Informative 1
Just now, Rohan said:

any uh elboration?

We were sent to take care of targets and killed them all but one. Which we found out was the RC but he was nowhere to be found so the main objective wasn't even complete. so why transition to SOBDE being traitor's when we still need to find the last target? plus no RP was really involved. 

3/2/2

Few crashes occurred in the beginning, but despite the preparation and the document made this "24 HR" event just didn't seem to hit that well.  I think the GM team would really need to plan something far greater around this.  The event didn't seem all too well planned in my opinion and adjusting to get further help from others would be more beneficial to the players.  I felt like it was pretty boring being stationed to guard the base, solely based on the document provided prior.  

I think something like this was even attempted with Mavelle as GMD and it was even a stretch for him and the GM team at the time to handle such a large scale project.

• Informative 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Head Admin
5 minutes ago, trlckxx said:

We were sent to take care of targets and killed them all but one. Which we found out was the RC but he was nowhere to be found so the main objective wasn't even complete. so why transition to SOBDE being traitor's when we still need to find the last target? plus no RP was really involved. 

The objective was to DETAIN all SOBDE, not kill. Either way, it was revealed at the end that the target was Zeus, the last HVT that is in the end. It was said over the intercom during that whole last part.

Head Admin

4/4/4

I gotta say, 212th and 41st had a really fun time for the first like 4-5 hours. We created our own RP with the setting given to us and enjoyed it a lot. Maybe that was cuz the group we had was great.

I felt like a lot of the objectives were centered around the main base even though 4 battalions were sectioned outside of that area, and we were called back every time something big was happening. Yes, I understand that's how it would go in a real military situation, but this is gmod. 

I would've given it a 5 for enjoyment if not for that last event. Every time an event is based on a battalion or group going AWOL it always turns into an RDM fest or it turns into people that weren't there initially being killed by someone they thought was friendly. 

Setting spawn points for droids when the GM had to go do stuff was sick, it gave us the ability to continue being engaged while you took a break. W feature. 

Long live the Aurek Vehicle Requisition Facility! spacer.png

• Informative 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

Head Admin
4 minutes ago, KaiserNeiner said:

Setting spawn points for droids when the GM had to go do stuff was sick, it gave us the ability to continue being engaged while you took a break. W feature. 

:peeposalute:

4/5/5 Needed more downtime

• Informative 1

Current: Havoc ARC Overseer / Rancor MAJ  

Ex: Alpha-22 Aven Sage Manager

spacer.png

4|4|3

Most people seemed to be enjoying themselves, the entertainment was regular, if simple, and there was enough freeform time to let us make our own roleplay, which was nice. I think if you're going to do this type of event again, get more GHs to reduce the downtime. After the 3rd or 4th time we just sat there shooting droids I really lost interest.

There was a decent amount of lag at times, but I don't think any major crashes happened while I was on so it's not so bad.

Please give us more tanks next time, there was still some room over at Aurek for vehicles.

• Funny 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Head Admin
4 hours ago, Finn said:

4|4|3

Most people seemed to be enjoying themselves, the entertainment was regular, if simple, and there was enough freeform time to let us make our own roleplay, which was nice. I think if you're going to do this type of event again, get more GHs to reduce the downtime. After the 3rd or 4th time we just sat there shooting droids I really lost interest.

There was a decent amount of lag at times, but I don't think any major crashes happened while I was on so it's not so bad.

Please give us more tanks next time, there was still some room over at Aurek for vehicles.

20230708181909_1.jpg?width=1202&height=6

:REEEE:

• Friendly 1

Veteran Admin

5/5/4
I loved the idea of it, and would love to see something similar in the future.
I heard some people suggesting doing different maps for such a long deployment, to keep thing fresh, might be an idea. 
But yeah, as Kaiser said, 212th, 41st, we had fun and enjoyed it. 

Edited by Gurk
  • Friendly 1

Bad Batch Hunter

Former: Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree