Map issues again for me

Name: Stockings/Magnum

I get  "Missing map maps/rp_onderon_synergy.bsp, Disconnecting", when I try and join the server.  Last time I was on, maybe like 2 weeks ago? I didn't have this issue.

Tonight I tried all the previous fixes for this, except the one that initially helped me when we first switched to Onderon since we don't have a workshop pack anymore. 

I have:

- Cleared Cache, Workshop, Downloads, Downloadlists

- Cleared GarrysMod & Content 4000 as Jayarr suggested in Unkindled's post.

- Uninstalled Gmod and reinstalled. (No Workshop addons downloaded.)

Anyone have other suggestions?

Edited by Stockings

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

If you could try deleting any files in your maps folder in your game files, that'd be awesome

However, if you've tampered with your files, i.e. deleting everything in all your folders as mentioned, then it boils down to a connection issue.

This is either simply your internet being faulty, or to something deeper. Example being, FastDLautomatically hooks to your systems default/build in browser. This would be internet explorer, or for windows 10, microsoft edge. If for some reason any of yours browsers are set to offline, find a method of ensuring they stay connected and online.
This piece of information was available in a quick google search, and I can't verify that it's related to your issue, but there is always a possibility.

The thread I mentioned above also provided an alternative solution. If nothing above worked, try adding this to your \garrysmod\garrysmod\cfg\config.cfg

cl_allowdownload 1
cl_downloadfilter all
download_debug 0
sv_downloadurl ""

Hope any of this info helped, I do get a kick out of solving these issues, presently playing the server or not

Edited by Jayarr

22 hours ago, Jayarr said:

This is either simply your internet being faulty, or to something deeper. Example being, FastDLautomatically hooks to your systems default/build in browser. This would be internet explorer, or for windows 10, microsoft edge. If for some reason any of yours browsers are set to offline, find a method of ensuring they stay connected and online.

I ended up going to a part last night, sorry for the late reply here.  So I do use Opera as my default browser.  Could that be it?

22 hours ago, Jayarr said:

The thread I mentioned above also provided an alternative solution. If nothing above worked, try adding this to your \garrysmod\garrysmod\cfg\config.cfg

cl_allowdownload 1
cl_downloadfilter all
download_debug 0
sv_downloadurl ""

How do you edit this?  It doesn't let me open this as a .txt to edit any sort of settings.  Just provides me a suggestion to the Microsoft/Windows app store.

spacer.png

Well I just uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm good now it seems.

This is resolved. 

Edited by Stockings

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Stockings said:

I ended up going to a part last night, sorry for the late reply here.  So I do use Opera as my default browser.  Could that be it?

How do you edit this?  It doesn't let me open this as a .txt to edit any sort of settings.  Just provides me a suggestion to the Microsoft/Windows app store.

Install Microsoft Visual Studio Code and you can edit it. Since its a Source file and not a txt you can't open it with Notepad.

Just now, Mystic said:

Install Microsoft Visual Studio Code and you can edit it. Since its a Source file and not a txt you can't open it with Notepad.

alternatively, (im not sure how this works) send someone your cfg file who has VSC installed, have them edit it and send you back the cfg file and you simply put it back into the config folder. 

This is just if you have 0 clue how to use VSC. but its beyond simple to add text to a file via VSC anyways.

• Informative 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti53dc4d38968cd2efbfb3e4f0a0b3aa7a.gif?ex=

11 hours ago, Stockings said:

Well I just uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm good now it seems.

This is resolved. 

i did not read this. nevermind

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti53dc4d38968cd2efbfb3e4f0a0b3aa7a.gif?ex=

• 6 months later...
Systems Dev

Question Answered

Life Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife