Net Neutrality

To the poor fellows who don’t know already, today is the vote to repeat Net Neutraility, there is currently a livestream on the vote that I’ll link down below, live NOW as I’m writing this post, the vote is the 4th on the docket. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/14/politics/net-neutrality-latest/index.html

Now relax boys and girls, there are some big words in there that some of you might not understand, but stick through it to find out the result.

Banned

why

Banned

pexmeuQ.png

c4KkYHY.png

Edited by Jayarr

Relax, Congress needs to pass it for it to go through.

Just find a way to contact your nearest congressman/lady and speak out.

Its not the Supreme Court who decides this by the way, unless the ACLU decides to throw a mass wave of law trouble towards the FCC.

Edited by Bbstine
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Just means you're gonna have a big brother now tbh and maybe a slight adjustment to pricing 

No this means that company like Verizon and ect can control what you see what websites you can use and how much money you pay per month if this passes this is what the internet will look like ad04a96ab0f06b7239584e721d7ac1d4.thumb.png.4a3dbe0c3953641e77476c9fd365a9ee.png

1 hour ago, Max said:

JOAH IS OK WITH THIS?! 

Joah isn't okay with it, he's just trying not to overreact to it.

laughs in Britain

jokes aside it has to go through Senate, then Supreme Court and finally Congress - it's likely that it won't be stopped, though.

Edited by Faoeoa
4 minutes ago, Faoeoa said:

Joah isn't okay with it, he's just trying not to overreact to it.

I know it was a meme lol but tbh this needs to be stopped and I feel you its just they don't listen to people and it pisses me off xD no one wants thisad04a96ab0f06b7239584e721d7ac1d4.thumb.png.621a64968fa9421a990205c795a502a9.png

23 minutes ago, Max said:

No this means that company like Verizon and ect can control what you see what websites you can use and how much money you pay per month if this passes this is what the internet will look like ad04a96ab0f06b7239584e721d7ac1d4.thumb.png.4a3dbe0c3953641e77476c9fd365a9ee.png

Its not going to stick.. They are getting sued to a whole new level they will be forced to back track.

But also once again the PEOPLE aren't giving a shit about in a situation that affects them, their families, the way they now live.

Overall though I can't see it sticking its basically going hey lets not have security online leading to more criminal activity and also the fact they are getting sued to a new level its gonna hit them hard.

Edited by Riddler
  • Agree 1

The intent is to provide internet users with a sense of pride and accomplishment for purchasing access to different websites. As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from your search history and other info from recently signed terms and conditions. Among other things, we're looking at average per-user internet traffic rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that users have domain blocks that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via small payment. We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the internet has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets. Your ISPs will continue to make changes and monitor your internet activity to update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

ecks dee. Seriously though, fuck Ajit.

3 hours ago, Riddler said:

Its not going to stick.. They are getting sued to a whole new level they will be forced to back track.

But also once again the PEOPLE aren't giving a shit about in a situation that affects them, their families, the way they now live.

Overall though I can't see it sticking its basically going hey lets not have security online leading to more criminal activity and also the fact they are getting sued to a new level its gonna hit them hard.

I hope your right :(