Trimming the Fat - Rank Changes

Marvel

41 minutes ago, A-a-ron said:

GUYS JAYARR SAID MY OPINION MATTERS, EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG

Does this mean we are getting chat back

• Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Honestly, I see value in the filler ranks. It makes you feel good when you play the server and then get a promotion up to your next rank. It's nice to have a short term goal to work towards. The only value of filler ranks is that you get that little dopamine of "hehe my name called switch my title" every once and a while. I understand why you'd do it, and it's not a horrible idea, but I think it's more beneficial to leave the ranks as is.  Sure the ranks aren't necessary or serve any different roles from one right next to it, but I didn't think that was the point of having more ranks. Not every rank has to be entirely different.
I feel like this change only makes merits and requirements more vital. Since there are less ranks, commanders are more hesitant to promote faster. This means that many battalions will likely have set criteria to get you promoted to the next rank as they already do, except jacked up. You will be more judged based off statistics then roleplay, as promotions are more meaningful and therefore its less likely you'll get one for being exceptional in an event or doing some strong roleplay. Merits and requirements to get promoted to your next meaningless rank is stupid and I think it should be entirely based on how well you do in roleplay and real stuff that matters. I think this system harms that. It just makes you less likely to get promoted for the real stuff, and more likely to get promoted for stats.

I do think this is a positive change in a large sense, but I think there was no harm in the old way either. Either way is good I think, as long as it's handled well.

• Informative 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Overall, it's a pretty understandable changes that will in the long run probably be for the best with a minor tweak here and there after everyone adjusts. XO was cringe, always was, and always will be, and that's a hill that I will die on.

Anyways,

good luck everybody, and an obligatory

spacer.png

before things get real autistically spicy.

On another note, I will be chilling out eating my popcorn and may God be with you to those moderating this thread.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2
  • Pay Respect 2
16 minutes ago, Egg said:

Overall, it's a pretty understandable changes that will in the long run probably be for the best with a minor tweak here and there after everyone adjusts. XO was cringe, always was, and always will be, and that's a hill that I will die on.

Anyways,

good luck everybody, and an obligatory

spacer.png

before things get real autistically spicy.

On another note, I will be chilling out eating my popcorn and may God be with you to those moderating this thread.

Classic gif moment

• 2 weeks later...