Ryx and Vanhorn Event - The Rise of Mandalore Part 1

Ryx

Name: Ryx and Vanhorn

Who helped (If applicable): TayTay, Wombat

Event Name: The Rise of Mandalore

Summary of the story: A Mandalorian Clan inserted and attempted to negotiate with the Republic for a deal. The negotiations went sour and they went hostile due the several explosives blowing up around the ship.

What was the result of the event?: Problems were created by the door to meeting room being blocked. We thought it was the mass amounts of detonators outside blocking it, but it ended up not being that and players were upset by the dets being detonated. Two of the mandos escaped.

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Both.

• Agree 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Im  sorry but -1 that det thing literally ruined the event there was abosolutely 0 reason to blow up the dets the door was fine it was the dets you guys were placing inside

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

-1 Worst event in the history of synergy roleplay. Player choice? Na fuck it. Gamemaster fucks up by telling helpers to do things that break doors? Destroy the players hard work and chew them out in DB. Horribly unprofessional (as usual) attitude from the man the myth Kyle Vanhorn. And the worst part is Ryx might take the hit for his stupidity. Absolute catastrophe you should be ashamed.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 2
1 minute ago, Ginyu said:

-1 Worst event in the history of synergy roleplay. Player choice? Na fuck it. Gamemaster fucks up by telling helpers to do things that break doors? Destroy the players hard work and chew them out in DB. Horribly unprofessional (as usual) attitude from the man the myth Kyle Vanhorn. And the worst part is Ryx might take the hit for his stupidity. Absolute catastrophe you should be ashamed.

^^^^^^

Sums up everything.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Huge ass -1. The whole having the helper set off all the dets that were set up as a trap for Mandos ruined any will to even participate in the event honestly. It was set up way before the Mandos tried to leave and we had people coming in and out while the dets were overhead, so the door was obviously not blocked, yet Vanhorn still blamed the failure of the event or something along those lines on us, when they broke the door by using dets on it by their side. They used dets on the door to open it thinking it would work on their side? Noice one. However after they used dets and effectively fucked the door, they then no clipped while cloaked and set off the dets, without even a warning and killed all of us in the hallway, allowing for them to safely escape the room.   

Edited by Vires
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
Just now, Ginyu said:

Don't blame it on Vanhorn. I was the one that had the detonators blown up. We could not open the door no matter what we tried on our side. If you want to blame it on anyone, I'll take the blame. 

• Agree 2
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
Just now, Ryx said:

Don't blame it on Vanhorn. I was the one that had the detonators blown up. We could not open the door no matter what we tried on our side. If you want to blame it on anyone, I'll take the blame. 

It was from the dets on ur side once those were gone the door shut and u were able to open it 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Ok, so to throw my hat into the ring here, the dets we had place, were there since even before we moved the Admiral and Tarkin out, and the door worked fine. It was only till you Gamemakers placed dets on the other side of the door and caused it to jam. So to sum it up, OUR DETS were there WAY BEFORE it all kicked off, so clearly something you guys did broke the door. It essentially ruined the entire thing that Ion, and every person in the hallways plan. Then, to see the Gamemaker (Vanhorn) go out and blame all the issues of the event on Ion team is simply wrong, and shows he cannot take resposnibility for his own events shortcomings. Personally, I am not angry or even upset with the Helpers as they were simply ordered to do it. Ryx may have been at fault with some of the issues but at least can acknowlege he was wrong, and manage to be handle the situation. But to see a Gamemaker and and someone who is known in the community not be able to take responsibilty just looks bad. I'm sorry but the event was not good and gets a -1So overall, give players, choice, don't ruin their fun, and don't blame what goes wrong on the players, adapt to situations. 

Edited by Washington
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

"Vanhorn": All I said if Washington thinks he can do a better job then lets see him do an event at 3 AM CST.

Plus a shit ton more. -1, Didn't even need to be at this event to know how horrible it was. My boys told me all about it... Don't blame people that weren't at fault for your mistakes.

Tries to flame someone. Doesn't expect retaliation! 

084.png

Edited by Metro
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

• Coordinator
Coordinator
Just now, Tomas said:

+1 for an event at 3:30am........yall are being dumb...

we had a passive rp one going better than that i will say i do respect them trying to do an event this late though

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2
1 minute ago, Tomas said:

+1 for an event at 3:30am........yall are being dumb...

We did......

Ion made a passive RP event that lasted longer, had more action, and only angered one person. Sorry to burst your bubble, but time isn't a card GM's, especially GMO's should or could pull for the tragedy of an event.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

This is disgusting, flaming on posts guys, Really? I am locking this before it gets any worse, otherwise this will escalate to something even worse! both parties need to take a chill pill and maybe go and play another game for an hour or 2.

I am locking this

// LOCKED 

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 5

British