Horn Company Sub-Unit

Razen

This topic has been voided as we would like to add more incentive and creativity into the suggestion, as well as making it accurate to the standards of the server. Thank you for your opinions on the matter and we will continue to update this and improve it as much as we can! Much love yall <3

Edited by Razen
  • Dumb 1

Doom the Boom

Captain" Lock. While this could work i have questions,

• Eeth Koth would technically be the Jedi Leader, Yet Eeth Koth is a Freelance Jedi Knight position (I believe?) Would you try to tie down and incorporate Koth as HC Jedi and make him a Master job? Lock would get the Officer loadout as a subunit commander.   
  • Why would you have Horn Company deal with shields? "They will be expected to hold down shield formations better and keep battle comms consistently professional." Isn't this the whole point of Doom's Unit?
  • Lastly, They don't have any canonical relation to DU as far as i can see except they're green.

As for now i'll abstain from voting, Just curious

Edited by Mystik
  • Winner 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Grand Master of the Order Yoda 
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti l Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate l Actually Private Crosshair l Mace Windu

53dc4d38968cd2efbfb3e4f0a0b3aa7a.gif?ex=

Now I don’t dislike Havoc Squad like some people do because at the end of the day I believe DU deserve a subunit just as much as any other battalion. A small squad of elite troopers is the best solution to their particular problem with having no lore subunits and imo Havoc Squad serves it’s purpose.

I however do not believe DU needs a second subunit let alone a lore inaccurate one. Horn Company has no correlation to DU rather than having the color green on their armor. As for your aspirations for them they’re extremely basic and just DU but tech savvy. 

I commend y’all for getting back on your feet but I’m not sure a second subunit is what DU needs. 

Anyone Know or Can Make This A Live Background : r/halo

23 minutes ago, Mystik said:

Captain" Lock. While this could work i have questions,

• Eeth Koth would technically be the Jedi Leader, Yet Eeth Koth is a Freelance Jedi Knight position (I believe?) Would you try to tie down and incorporate Koth as HC Jedi and make him a Master job? Lock would get the Officer loadout as a subunit commander.   
  • Why would you have Horn Company deal with shields? "They will be expected to hold down shield formations better and keep battle comms consistently professional." Isn't this the whole point of Doom's Unit?
  • Lastly, They don't have any canonical relation to DU as far as i can see except they're green.

As for now i'll abstain from voting, Just curious

1.Well our plan for Eeth Koth is to make him the designated lead of the Horn Company. He will accompany that lead position and be a knight or master. We have already talked with the council and the current eeth koth and they are on board with this implementation. 

2.For Horn Company getting shields, I think it brings an outside group that can make DU more elite on its actual purpose and its basic tactics. We agreed on having this sub unit push more incentives through not only its own numbers, but the entirety of DU. This implementation would work towards the improvement and future success in DU and yes, we are aware it adds more slots that could go unfilled, but while we currently have one sub units other people have 2 and we think it would benefit the battalion in a multitude of positive ways. It wont be a main priority of horn company, as they can also get into hacking and consistent tech rp around the base when necessary and more often then any other group or branch on the server. If you read the doc as well we have stated some main purposes we want to include in the making of this company and how it will be enacted. 

3. Yes, I know that they have no true relation to Dooms Unit, but it is something that brings more lore to this group and brings an interesting aspect that could bring a lot of enjoyment and more rp towards DU. They share the colors almost, which is a cool concept but it brings more to this battalion which i feel could interest more people in being active and participating more often. Also SO for example has no canonical relation to 21st, but it strives within the Battalion. I think regardless of whether or not it has true relations it can bring so much more interesting rp and consistency within the Battalion, adding something else for the server to look towards.

Currently we have a full havoc squad with a good amount of people still expressing interest towards getting into it. Im not making this suggestion based off whether or not we have good numbers for it, im making it because I know it would benefit DU and bring a fun and interesting change to the server.

Edited by Razen

Doom the Boom

45 minutes ago, Razen said:

1.Well our plan for Eeth Koth is to make him the designated lead of the Horn Company. He will accompany that lead position and be a knight or master. We have already talked with the council and the current eeth koth and they are on board with this implementation. 

2.For Horn Company getting shields, I think it brings an outside group that can make DU more elite on its actual purpose and its basic tactics. We agreed on having this sub unit push more incentives through not only its own numbers, but the entirety of DU. This implementation would work towards the improvement and future success in DU and yes, we are aware it adds more slots that could go unfilled, but while we currently have one sub units other people have 2 and we think it would benefit the battalion in a multitude of positive ways. It wont be a main priority of horn company, as they can also get into hacking and consistent tech rp around the base when necessary and more often then any other group or branch on the server. If you read the doc as well we have stated some main purposes we want to include in the making of this company and how it will be enacted. 

3. Yes, I know that they have no true relation to Dooms Unit, but it is something that brings more lore to this group and brings an interesting aspect that could bring a lot of enjoyment and more rp towards DU. They share the colors almost, which is a cool concept but it brings more to this battalion which i feel could interest more people in being active and participating more often. Also SO for example has no canonical relation to 21st, but it strives within the Battalion. I think regardless of whether or not it has true relations it can bring so much more interesting rp and consistency within the Battalion, adding something else for the server to look towards.

Currently we have a full havoc squad with a good amount of people still expressing interest towards getting into it. Im not making this suggestion based off whether or not we have good numbers for it, im making it because I know it would benefit DU and bring a fun and interesting change to the server.

1) As long as you checked.
2) Horn Company having shields is a contradiction of their own lore as they would've more than likely utilized something so useful in such tight halls it's unlikely they'd have shields in their loadouts when even Havoc Squad doesn't (at least what little lore they have.) How would this group make DU more elite? The reasons you gave seems like its just what DU should already be doing. I get the RP stuff so no complants there. Anything to improve RP is a positive change imo. As for Special Operations, SO was added to 21st due to their direct work alongside Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi during Point Rain on Geonosis.  They also were not bound by a battalion since Special Operations exists as SOBDE and not a battalion. Not to mention SO was already on the server and was just being battalionized and at the time 21st had 1 subunit and SO had already worked alongside Mundi. 
3) If they have no relation at all aside from colors i can't see they Devs working on models and paying for them just for it to be added. Especially a little late with the new update around the corner, you might not see this for awhile, and for all you know the next Doom could wind up not wanting it if DU winds up plunging again. If there was a suggestion everytime a subunit was full and someone still was interested the forums would be full.  

I can't see this working with how DU is already supposed to be a liimited shield wielding battalion that excels in defensive formations and suppressing fire. They also got Havoc Squad which while made up, Still has some decent usage within the battalion. Horn Company is simply a basic Phase 1 trooper company we watch get almost obliterated. I assume this is why the 9 slots, But you'd need to compensate for that somewhere else as there is a restriction on battalions having a certain amount of unnamed trooper slots (ARC, ARF, SUP, MED etc) With some exceptions such as 212th 501st etc due to lore characters. I wish the best for you and your future battalion choices but i don't see this happening right now, especially coming out of the gates with the dire situation DU was just in. You may want to give it a little bit more time before you try to push for Dev work to be put into a battalion that just came back from the brink. For now, -1. I'll keep checking this post to see if anything people say can sway my opinion as im still in between.

Edited by Mystik

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti l Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate l Actually Private Crosshair l Mace Windu

Oopsy suggestion voided.

Edited by Tec

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Improcco Company ENG SGT Clanky (For Real this Time), Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

12 minutes ago, Tec said:

Oopsy suggestion voided.

F.