4 years........

I didn't want to make this but I felt it was necessary since I have a lot I need to get off my chest. 

Recently, it has marked my 4th anniversary of playing on Synergy. This is kinda crazy as a never saw myself playing on a community for this long. I usually like to hop around and not make any commitments, however, with Synergy this was different. I felt welcomed, and the server made it possible for me to start something new. This is exactly what I did, and now we are here. 

Now I am not going to turn this into a post where I call people out, or @ people to let them know how much they have impacted me, because those people know who they are.  I wanted to make this post because I wanted to give some advice for the future, as well as tell you guys about something things going on in my life. 

I think if this community is going to need to head in the right direction, then people need to stop belittle everyone and either making fun of them, or just down right disrespecting them. When those things start to happen, communities like these fail and fall to the ground. Now, I am not gonna say that I haven't attributed to these actions, but I have been working on it, and trying to help people out who have been disrespected. Another thing is to stop giving shit to the leadership team. They are honestly doing the best they can, and are trying to help make the server better, then back when it was 2018-2019. This Leadership team is probably the best one, and the more you guys bitch and complain to them, the more rushed things get, making updates underwhelming. Updates take time, as well as patience, so I think people need to understand that more to really get the best outta each update. 

My Life

Now I am not a very interesting person, however, I think synergy has helped me out a lot with my life. Back when I started playing I didn't really have a lot of IRL friends. I normally talked to my Online friends, rather than my IRL friends. Synergy helped me get out there and really make new friends, and I met some people that will probably be my friends for the rest of my life too be honest. I use to go on retreats and help people, and Synergy helped give me a role I can then do that with here. I also worked hard in my school and was able to go to college, and work towards my goals as a aerospace engineer. That leads to now, were I now take a helping role on the community, and try the best I can in doing so. 

Now on to the stuff that I really want to talk about 

I wanted to take this segment of the post to give some advice. I may not be in a role, that some of you may think, to give advice, but I think there are people out there that need to hear this. Never stop trying to achieve your goals in life. People are gonna try and steer you down a wrong path, and take you away from those goals, but if you put your mind to something, and get some self determination, then anything can be possible. I was not in a very healthy state back when I started college. I am 5'9" and I weighed 228 pounds. I was fat, and I knew I couldn't live like this and I wanted to fix it. So, I got to work. I put my goals into working out, and I pushed myself every week, and after a few months I managed to lose 30 lb's and gain a lot of muscle. Anything can be possible as long as you are willing to do so. 

Another thing I want to say is Don't let people get to you. You wont succeed, and find a way to live happily in life if you let people in it try and tear you down. If they say something bad about you, or make fun of you, then use it as fuel. Let it fuel you into being a better person, and to move forward in life. Throughout my time on synergy, I have had people bully me, harass me, treat me like shit, and just down right belittle me. I may have let it tear be down then, but I look back at it now, and use it as fuel to help others through things like what I had to go through. 

Last thing I want to say is cherish your friends and family. If there are any people in life that are gonna help you succeed, then it would be your friends and family. Love the people that love you, and you wont feel alone in life. I cherish the friends I made in synergy, and I hope they know I will always be there for them. 

One thing I want to leave you all with is this quote, " Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success." (Kobe Bryant) 

you want to talk about a quote that helps keep me motivated, its this one right here. 

Well I hope this reaches somebody, and that people read this and think about it a bit. I am so glad to be a part of this community, and I hope to stay here for a while. 

And no I am not making a TL:DR as I want people to read this post. You lazy ass's can yell at me all you want. 

• Winner 2
  • Friendly 4
  • Dumb 1

Former: Liaison

• Management
Management

spacer.png Askers?

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management
Management

Guys please +1 my liaison app

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Nostalgia is highkey the best emotion to exist. Even though I've only been around for a year, I've made so many friends and great memories on the server. I have so much to think about in just the past 12 months, but you've been around for over 48 months. I'm glad that you and so many people care about the server, especially enough to stick through all the tough times and continue to interact/stay in the community. 

It's really easy to get blind sighted by negative things in the community, but it always feels great to reminisce and remember the reasons why you even joined/stayed in the first place. No matter how much bullshit happens, I'm still glad I joined synergy to this day. I'm happy to know that I've made genuine connections with people, and I hope you and everyone else on the server feels the same way. Thanks for the inspiration, Pythin :)

• Friendly 2
  • Dumb 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

I've only been here technically for 3 months, even though my account has its first log in over two years ago. I remember that when I first came back here, the reason I was lured into Synergy more than Superior or Icefuse was because of the people and the community. Hell, I trusted my old Doom's Unit boys back in January 2020 when I talked about deep shit sometimes. I hope to have some of the motivation that you do someday to actually do the shit I want to do.

• Friendly 1

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png