From the Office of High Command 1/23/2022

Conrad

From the Office of High Command

1/23/2022

This is a general update document, detailing the things done by the Chancellor and the Marshal Commander. This document will be posted Bi-Weekly with updates on what they both have done. Please leave any feedback you have in the comment below.

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

Currently we have Commander Cody, and Attack Regimental Commander Apps open. In the next two weeks we will be having Commander Wolffe apps opening. Get your apps ready if you’re interested in these positions!

Since my last update we’ve had a perma prop wipe, with a much reduced amount of props allowed on the base due to our new map rotation. I spent a good amount of work helping to distribute where our 250 props should go on the ship, in order to give a feeling of the base not being empty, but not have a huge lag on performance. This has come with us removing perma props from locations such as bunks, as well as greatly trimming down on the rest of the map. I’d say most areas of the map lost on average ⅓ of their props. I am personally always on the lookout for areas of the map to be redone to look like they fill in better, if you’re interested let me know and we can talk about current prop allocation and what you have to work with!

Operations is back baby! After hearing a lot about how SPEC deployments just had 3 battalions that didn’t clash well together, with CG being the most out of place by far (I mean, VIP protection with Commando’s, that's rough man) something had to change. I talked with both @Noodles and @Freck to see what they wanted and help ensure that they got a situation that favored them out of the deal. In the end we decided on some key that's in order to help make it run smoothly. First off the CG and Navy are working alongside each other, and while Freck is over them in rank his job is not to oversee the CG. While he can help and work with as needed his priority is and always will be the Navy itself. CG now no longer has a direct Regimental and reports directly to the MCMD. Hopefully this picture will help clarify!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/764341159384317963/934838533686968390/100856976c7d73bcc5ffd989722eedfb.png

Roleplayer of the Week

For the roleplayer of the week I’ve chosen @Banoodle. Banoodle has been a constant player that i’ve seen around the server recently. From his work as event jobs, to his work in the navy, I always see a great level of effort coming to his in game interactions. Yes, even work as event jobs can be made player of the week! A good thing for you all to keep in mind, and good work banoodle!

Question for the Community

What do you think about our current application process? What about the Reapplication process? Do you think it gets the job done effectively? Are term lengths good? Do you feel like the questions for Applications cover enough information to display if a person is deserving of a position or not? These are just a few of the possible questions you could answer. I am looking for any and all feedback on them as of right now. I do want to say however this is not in that I feel like they don’t do a good job, I’m just curious as to how people view them from an outside of High Command Perspective, as people view them as potential applicants and spectators! Thanks.

Clone Updates

First I want to give a big Thank You to one of my closest friends on the server. @Bacta you have had a great run of it, seeing your full two terms on the server as Cody has been a pleasure. You have kept 212th consistent in its work and showed a great aptitude for inspiring your men. You deserve a lot of thanks and recognition for your time. Whoever follows you up has some BIG shoes to fill in terms of presence and inspiration to his men. Good Luck in whatever you choose to do from here on out!

Furthermore I want to talk about some issues that were had with CG Shutting down an area of the base. We had a situation where CG were locking an area down that they did not originally have control over (I.E. Not the brig), however this was ordered by a Regimental+ and not properly convayed. So for reference going forward, CG are not allowed to lock down an area allowing no one in, with a couple of exceptions. These exceptions are based on the commanding person of an area asking CG to lock an area down. 

Here are the exceptions: CG may lock down the brig, Navy may ask them to lock down the BCC, Leading Medical may ask them to lock down the medbay, leading Enginee rmay ask them to lock down the HMC/Engine Room, or a Regimental+ ask them to lock down any area of the base. 

If anyone is found not listening to CG when an area is considered locked down with the correct procedure, they can be arrested for trespassing. CG will be sure to properly convey who is asking them to lock down an area if it is called into question. If they can not or do not do this please talk to a Regimental+ ASAP. Thank you!

Navy Updates

So the biggest thing obviously is moving into the operations regiment which I’ve already touched in detail above. Besides that nothing else from the navy on my end!

Jedi Updates

No major work done with the jedi to report this week!

Guild Updates

In the last week we had a base raid by the village. During this we had some issues with people on BH whitelists calling RDM because they were killed by troopers while not being hostile. Personally I’m not a fan of this mindset, and talked with @Brooklyn briefly and he agrees. A Raid happens once every couple of weeks at most. It's a brief couple of minutes of just full server PvP Warfare that sometimes has some roleplay build up we do, sometimes doesn’t. That being said, people walking around base as BH’s, regardless of what they're doing, during base raids should be careful and realize that being shot at in a big PvP Session where you look like the enemy really isn’t RDM.  Where you're in a situation and it's hard to tell who’s on what side and you shoot at who you think the enemy is and you’re wrong, that's ok. I don’t want to push a mindset of during base raids every single clone has to start verifying their kills and shit.

I have also been talking with Brooklyn about ways that we can buff the power of Clan Leaders. We have some ideas in mind, but the broad version of what we’re thinking is giving each clan leader something specific they can do that normal BH’s usually can’t based on the alignment of the clan. We hope this can help push more clan focused activities that might normally need some higher up permission, giving clans more autonomy inside the guild.

Senate

Really the only thing I did with the Senate this week is as willy if he wants to be part of the operation regiment. I got a resounding “Hell No!” From him.

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message! 

From the Office of the Marshal Commander - Jovanovic

G.A.R Updates

Hello everyone, this is my first office of high command update as Marshal Commander. Below I’ll cover what’s been happening in the last couple weeks and what we’re going to be focusing on in the next couple weeks here

The Training Database

Since I’ve become Marshal I’ve been working with the heads of the different trainings across the server and I’m proud to say that with the exception of ARC, every single public training is now hosted on the training database, here. Please make sure that all of the trainings on your roster are now pulling from that sheet. There are a couple things left to do still like add all of the new trainings to the ID lookup sheet, and get aMED ported over to the med sheet. We’re having access issues with the latter, but it’ll be resolved shortly. 

Medal of Honor Nominations

Huge congrats to @Stockings for receiving the Medal of Honor! It’s the highest thanks we can possibly give to someone for their contributions on the server, and the mark of someone who’s truly made a difference in roleplay. If you have someone you think may be worthy of the MoH, please fill out the short form here. If you’ve nominated someone that has not received it, that means they were denied. If you have any questions about why someone was denied for the MoH, please feel free to ask me on TS or DM me on discord. 

The January Command Meeting

Lastly we had a command meeting this month on Friday the 14th. You can find a quick summary of what happened at the meeting as well as public updates here, and if you’re interested a more complete and detailed public agenda is here.

High Command Meeting Document

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-AShx61k9eh2DbU5bWYJOJupOJhmXh_oRoeaDm1lnX4/edit

Edited by Conrad
  • Winner 3
  • Friendly 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

20 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

Suggestion use large props to fill in empty space through out the base.

If you have specific areas and props to use let me know. Also if anyone wants to help putting props down we do have some to be placed. Reach out to me with your idea and we can discuss!

spacer.pngspacer.png