Adjusting Brig on Venator map.

Zensras

Name: Zen

RP Rank: 1stLT

Suggestion:   

Very first thing I did in checking the new map was check brig and I can already see something that will cause some headaches for staff.    I was a big fan of the flat floor of the cells in brig because people couldn't glitch out of them.

As for this map....

spacer.png

Remove the stairs.   Adjust the floor to be level with the hallway floor so people cannot sit and glitch out. 

Implementation:   Flatten the cell floor,  make them glitch proof. 

Lore:  None at all.

Workshop content if applicable:  Require Development
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Forum Admin

It's probably an easy fix but would need to update the map for it, and them glitching through the map and glitching out of cells is just map exploiting anyway, so they'd get beaned for it. But if its easy enough for Jayarr then fair enough

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

• Retired Founder

You obviously didn't really test to see if this was an issue - It was literally the first thing tested by Jad, Square, Jayarr, and myself when we tested the map on Dev server and you cannot glitch out of them.

8 hours ago, Conrad said:

Honestly, make the minges spawn somewhere else. Give them their own area if possible. That way RP can happen without minges yelling nearby.

I wouldn't mind this idea, but where would we put this area? The map is packed pretty tightly.

25 minutes ago, Forseen said:

You obviously didn't really test to see if this was an issue - It was literally the first thing tested by Jad, Square, Jayarr, and myself when we tested the map on Dev server and you cannot glitch out of them.

I wouldn't mind this idea, but where would we put this area? The map is packed pretty tightly.

instead of having them goto the jail, they get TPd to the bottom of the map in a very small box. We can call it the little boys room.

• Funny 1

:NekoDance: You are my little pogchamp:NekoDance:

• Retired Founder
10 minutes ago, Bird said:

instead of having them goto the jail, they get TPd to the bottom of the map in a very small box. We can call it the little boys room.

Then CG wouldn't be able to arrest them and it'd require a staff member every time, which is counter productive to the issue this is trying to solve.

Another solution might be to use the armory for RP arrests as there is a rayshield area in there.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Forseen said:

Another solution might be to use the armory for RP arrests as there is a rayshield area in there.

Put the minges in the armory rayshield together. Had this thought last night. Let them yell at and bother each other while in jail.

• Winner 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Put the minges in the armory rayshield together. Had this thought last night. Let them yell at and bother each other while in jail.

As funny as that'd be, it'd be better off doing it the other way I'd think...

With the next pass I do on the map, I'll add invisible blocks to the stairs and the bench so as to disallow sitting on either of the two, just in case.
This said though, Forseen's idea of handling RP arrests within the armory is actually a fair one. Next update I'm likely removing Armory anyways, it's too big and useless to warrant what it is, so perhaps I can add another cell next to IR for RP situations.

For now I'll move this suggestion to accepted, thank you for the input.

Edited by Jayarr
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.