A Discovery

Wheezy

0/10

This event was very poorly put together.
First, too many people were deployed for an event that was of this scale. Way too small scale and basically was 15 minutes of stuff for each group to do.
Second, the set up for this event was very poor. The only things built were either insignificant or poorly made.
Third, spawning was erratic and just didn't make sense. Due to the large amount of players on the server you weren't able to spawn in enough droids for things to actually to be a challenge.
Finally, the story made 0 sense. We were sent in to retrieve informants then capture Admiral Trench second? Why would we not capture Trench first. There was so little story it was like a generic fetch quest of a deployment.
I would speak of the debrief, but that was not your fault. However, you need to put your foot down if people are minging during the debrief on event server.

Now that the criticism is out of the way. Here is some advice to make your events better.

Sit down and plan things out more, some people can spend 15-20 minutes prepping for an event and make it good. However, most people can not. I guarantee you that all the extra time you spend prepping for the event will make it much more enjoyable for the player participating in it.

Do not feel pressured to deploy a large amount of battalions. The more battalions you deploy the more unstable you're going to make the event server. And it severely limits how many droids you can deploy. If you run into the issue of not being able to deploy a lot of droids add more health to them.

Finally, give players multiple objectives. While you technically gave 2 objectives, they were basically the exact same. Go here, shoot droids, grab this dude, extract him. Give extra stuff so players have more stuff to do and entertain themselves.

Everyone has potential, you have a lot to work on but you can make good events if you manage to take some of this criticism to heart and use it to make your events better.

If you want some other advice Im in the GM discord so feel free to message me.

Edited by Mitchell

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

2/10 I feel too many people were deployed. The objectives we were given were all done very fast. Overall the event was really short. I recommend maybe less people more droids or multiple objectives at once. 

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

3/10 

I agree with Mitchell in every way. I don't think the map was very well used in situations like this.

Also you deployed too many battalions.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

0/10

This event was very poorly put together.
First, too many people were deployed for an event that was of this scale. Way too small scale and basically was 15 minutes of stuff for each group to do.
Second, the set up for this event was very poor. The only things built were either insignificant or poorly made.
Third, spawning was erratic and just didn't make sense. Due to the large amount of players on the server you weren't able to spawn in enough droids for things to actually to be a challenge.
Finally, the story made 0 sense. We were sent in to retrieve informants then capture Admiral Trench second? Why would we not capture Trench first. There was so little story it was like a generic fetch quest of a deployment.
I would speak of the debrief, but that was not your fault. However, you need to put your foot down if people are minging during the debrief on event server.

Now that the criticism is out of the way. Here is some advice to make your events better.

Sit down and plan things out more, some people can spend 15-20 minutes prepping for an event and make it good. However, most people can not. I guarantee you that all the extra time you spend prepping for the event will make it much more enjoyable for the player participating in it.

Do not feel pressured to deploy a large amount of battalions. The more battalions you deploy the more unstable you're going to make the event server. And it severely limits how many droids you can deploy. If you run into the issue of not being able to deploy a lot of droids add more health to them.

Finally, give players multiple objectives. While you technically gave 2 objectives, they were basically the exact same. Go here, shoot droids, grab this dude, extract him. Give extra stuff so players have more stuff to do and entertain themselves.

Everyone has potential, you have a lot to work on but you can make good events if you manage to take some of this criticism to heart and use it to make your events better.

If you want some other advice Im in the GM discord so feel free to message me.

So let me put this straight here and maybe you would change your answer. First event was poorly put together? The building part was going to be deleted after they dropped so why put work into it if your just gonna delete it right after if I left it it would cause more lag so i thought before hand ''Hey these things are gonna cause lag i should delete them after they are used to better the performance".  I did not get helpers till the last minute when people were loading in so I could not cancel it it was pretty hard to explain to them what they are doing and get setup while you guys are waiting.  third the spawning was so everyon got some droids. As a gm its a lose lose situation with spawning. if i give them little more health they complain if i give them low health they complain if i give them perfect accuracy they complain if i give them shit accuracy they complain. Thats the life of a GM you cant really get spawning perfect which it never is for anyone. I also was told different about this map I was told that it was very  optimized and is good for full server deployments.  Also the story made some sense in the breifing as I read it out to everyone which ill post it here: Troopers, you will be dropped in on our drop pods each section is for each battalion here today. One of my informants was told some valuable information on 4 CIS informants in this area capture them  and bring them to the extraction point marked on your HUDS. Also word is that Admiral Trench is behind all this.Take him into custody,Capture the informants, and take out the CIS forces get it done troopers. Move OUT! This was straight and to the point not a long Briefing I know all of  you guys just want to shoot things and do what the event has in favor so i decided to get it done quick and fast. 

I took 3 days to think of this event and put it together im sorry if you thought it was shit ill try and take more time to prepare. Thanks and have a good night

3/10 Seemed like a very quickly put together deployment and was extremely similar to the deployment on this same map yesterday with a very similar concept and less planning and more issues. I won't count the server lag against you but it could have been managed better. It was very quick and confusing. There was a whole lot of waiting around at the start even after everyone had loaded in.

Former:

Jedi Youngling