Cyan's Battalion Commander Doom Application

TheCyan

Steam Name: Synr.gg | Cyan

RP Name: Havoc Squad ARF Lead Major Bandit (In Game: ARFL Major Bandit)

RP Rank: Major

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:67176800

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Doom’s Unit Battalion Commander Doom

Experience: I have played a lot of Star Wars RP in my time playing GMOD. I have been 212th BCMD Cody and RC-1138 Boss on multiple occasions (other servers), and I have served under a lot of different battalion commanders, and I know what makes a good battalion commander and what makes a bad one.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: Like I mentioned above, I have not only been a battalion commander, I have also served under a lot of battalion commanders, both effective and weak. A good battalion commander is one that maintains a serious composure when needed, and encourages everyone in the battalion to remain active, but also instill pride. The most important part of a strong BCMD is being seen by everyone on the battalion, which means acitivity and interactions. In my experience, the weakest BCMDs have been those that spend lots of time away from the battalion and don't interact with the actual members of the battalion. The most important thing a battalion commander is to make their battalion a place where everyone feels like they have a voice, and they enjoy being part of a welcoming and amazing family. Doom’s Unit, at it’s best, is a family that I am so proud to be a part of, and I should be Battalion Commander Doom because I want to continue to improve that family bond that we have in Doom's Unit. If everyone holds pride and is a proud to be a part of Doom's Unit, they will watch their own behavior more and do more actions that would BENEFIT Doom's Unit. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: While Doom’s Unit has little lore, I understand the lore about not only Doom’s Unit as a whole but also about Doom himself. As well, I have read and learned all the Havoc Squad lore (even though its not canon/legends)

Availability: I am on every single day. Sometimes on the weekends I have to go out of state for a day or two, but I will (and have been) letting people know in advance and still be active in TS and Discord.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 816 hours at time of writing

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: I want to take all the rough ends of DU, the toxicity/mingery, the failure to follow orders, and other aspects as they arise and I want to remove them as best I can. I want Doom’s Unit to be a loving and caring family. The way that I will be able to fix the problems in Doom’s Unit is to make the Doom’s Unit family more enjoyable and a battalion that members actually feel like they are PROUD to be a part of Doom’s Unit. As well, there are a lot of docs, roster systems, and other internal DU systems that are old and need updating. Not only will I personally start to update those systems (regardless of acceptance, I will still take it upon myself to update those systems, and am currently doing so), but I will organize all the intel members of DU to band together and update, fix, and/or create all the docs that need improving and renovating. As well, to address the "minginess" and "toxicity", I feel that there are instances where people have done bad thigs within the battalion and received very lax punishments. While I am not one to blow things out of proportion and remove people for the slightest infringements, I will be a fair Doom and major events will have major consequences. I will NOT let the public image of "Doom's Unit" to be the "minge battalion" or anything along those lines. If the people within Doom's Unit love the pace they are in, they will work to improve it. I want Doom's Unit to become a safe, accepting, and hardworking group of individuals working together to improve and maintain the quality of Doom's Unit.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: I fully understand and I will not let inactivity get to me. 

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: I understand and I will dutifully follow all the rules and requirements.

If you have made it to the end of this application, I want to thank you for taking the time to read this far, and any and all feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated. I won't hold anyone's opinion against them, nor will I argue or berate people in this thread. My Discord PMs are always open. My discord is Doctor Cyan#4011 if you would like to PM me. Thank you!

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

-1 cyan you have good intent here however I believe that there are two other applicants that will better fit the spot. 

I believe that you need more time as an officer, to work on a few things for yourself before you can help the battalion. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Head Admin

I am sorry but I can not confidently +1 your Doom app. Your experience section in your application is very bare and not outlining what you have done or achieved in the positions mentioned, if someone random stumbled upon this they would have no clue what you are capable of in leadership positions. Furthermore you have stated in your application "the failure to follow orders" as one of the things you wish to fix while you have mentioned indirectly to me that you can not do it yourself as seen here where you got pissy about Truffle walking you around which is a pretty normal occurance imo:

3223e2f49c33428827165dcb2eb241cb.png 

I also believe the other applicants are better for the position. I know who is applying/has already applied and their plans, experience within the DU HC and overall attitude, performance & motivation is more there.
And I am sorry for pulling this card but you are in a leadership position on a different server which is not allowed while being a BCMD from my knowledge on the server. This can be referred back to a different application & I know this directly from Forseen.

2e8231ecc389386dbd5bbfcf0196f307.png

This all results in a -1 from me.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

Current: Head Admin | Marshal Commander

15 minutes ago, Rohan said:

I am sorry but I can not confidently +1 your Doom app. Your experience section in your application is very bare and not outlining what you have done or achieved in the positions mentioned, if someone random stumbled upon this they would have no clue what you are capable of in leadership positions. Furthermore you have stated in your application "the failure to follow orders" as one of the things you wish to fix while you have mentioned indirectly to me that you can not do it yourself as seen here where you got pissy about Truffle walking you around which is a pretty normal occurance imo:

3223e2f49c33428827165dcb2eb241cb.png 

I also believe the other applicants are better for the position. I know who is applying/has already applied and their plans, experience within the DU HC and overall attitude, performance & motivation is more there.
And I am sorry for pulling this card but you are in a leadership position on a different server which is not allowed while being a BCMD from my knowledge on the server. This can be referred back to a different application & I know this directly from Forseen.

2e8231ecc389386dbd5bbfcf0196f307.png

This all results in a -1 from me.

Thank you for replying Rohan. I'm gonna briefly address this message, but I'm not trying to start anything. 

A) Yes, when there was a situation I did get briefly mad about it, but I did eventually come around and I ended up talking with Truffle and Ninjaman (the PT host) about it and I apologized. It was one time and I have been taught my lesson

B) If I recall you are also holding some kind of position within that server, but I don't know because I don't even play on there anymore. And that server is not being supported anymore. I do not hold a "commander" position within that server, nor is there a server for me to be a Trial Gamemaster on, anymore.

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Forum Admin

-1, I gotta agree with Rohan on this. Other applicants are far more suited for the position IMO 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

-1 To be completely honest, I believe that Owen and Ninja are the better candidates for this position.

From what I have seen from you during the SIMs I have personally hosted or participated in alongside DU, I cannot in good faith support your application. On top of that, I have not seen you step up like your COs to actively drive your officers and NCOs to do better.

I can elaborate if you’d like, but I just don’t think that you would be best for this position. Yes, this is a viewpoint from an outsider and an outreach at that, but I think my assessment still carries some merit. 

Regardless, best of luck to you on this venture. 

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |