Vehicle Spawn System

Fizzik

Name: Fizzik

RP Rank:
MCMD

Suggestion: Add vehicle spawn system

Implementation: Enables droid similar to quartermaster that can be used to spawn in vehicles. I was unable to test this locally as it requires configuration.

Lore: Helps immersion. Could potentially be abused, have pilots radio in for approval for a vehicle before allowing them to spawn one. Might have an option to limit its usage to pilot jobs only.

Workshop content if applicable: REQUIRES DEPENDENCIES

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2082730936
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Could be heavily abused by minges, they could just spawn a shit ton of tanks or something a run of. It would have to be heavily controlled. Maybe only spawnable in an area which is enclosed by a fading door.

To be honest it's not too much of am issue for staff to spawn them really. And the whole "below 95" or whatever for spawning vehicles rule can be neglected and cause crashes.

I don't know if it will take too much effort for it too work. Do you have any work around for these problem areas?

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

7 hours ago, Gadget said:

Could be heavily abused by minges, they could just spawn a shit ton of tanks or something a run of. It would have to be heavily controlled. Maybe only spawnable in an area which is enclosed by a fading door.

To be honest it's not too much of am issue for staff to spawn them really. And the whole "below 95" or whatever for spawning vehicles rule can be neglected and cause crashes.

I don't know if it will take too much effort for it too work. Do you have any work around for these problem areas?

I think I've seen a similar system on Superior. I don't know for absolute certain but I tried spawning a ship there and it wouldn't let me. I believe it can be limited to pilot jobs only.

8 hours ago, Gadget said:

also @Fizzik Watch the Video with the Addon Only Whitelisted Jobs can Request items

& only whitelisted jobs / staff ranks can accept/deny the requests.
+1

22 minutes ago, Etc1440 said:

+1 but, if were doing an event with over 100 people, we cant have pilots spawning ships and starting to fly.

If you watch the video, it shows that requests require staff approval.

+1, I say just wait for the new server box so we can get LFS

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Banned

+1 imagine the tickets we wouldn't have to take :) Too many vehicles out? Despawn the vendor

Banned

+1 I think it abused could be cool if not abused

SuperiorServers (Pls don't ban be for mentioning them.) Has this exact system in place however it isn't an addon, I believe that was custom made and coded by the Server dev himself. How it works is pretty simple:

There are 2-3 droid vendors that can spawn ships in different hangar bays. A B C or D

You MUST be a part of the republic pilots battalion to use them. If you are not part of the republic pilots or in a battalion/sub unit that can use the droids, it flat out won't let you spawn a ship/vehicle.

It only lets you spawn one ship/vehicle at a time. Once spawned, it won't let you spawn another until the previous one is destroyed or despawned by the ship spawner droid. 

Once you are finished using the vehicle, you can park it anywhere and either use the droid to despawn it or press your undo button to despawn it.

It is even taken one step further and disallows certain vehicles to be spawned if the pilot is not trained for them such as a LAAT, ARC-170, Y-wing, TX-130, and so on. (I.e if the pilot is only trained for ARC-170, he may only spawn an ARC-170.)

---

The version i'm seeing in the workshop link looks like it could work, but if you want it to not be abused, one or more of the devs are going to have to add some custom lua to it or configure it so that it restricts the usage of the bot to certain jobs, limits the number of vehicles spawned, or hell, you could even make it so that you have to be whitelisted by staff only to use the droid. I like the latter better because that allows pilot leads in battalions to hold better tryouts and they can blacklist/have blacklisted anyone that abuses the privilege or does a big no-no with a ship/vehicle.

I also believe it's possible to make it read the number of players connected and after it hits a certain number, it will disallow any vehicles to be spawned, and when the number goes below the limit, it will allow vehicles again. (But this can be super buggy as the number of players connected also counts people connecting that are not fully connected.)

So, what i'm saying is, the workshop addon should not be just simple plug and play, it actually needs to be configured to avoid potential abuse.

Forum Admin

+1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

This could be possible... I was on a server and they had a ship spawn system. The only way to spawn it was if a Naval/Admin gave you a licence. Which would prevent minges from spawning in ships and stuff. Even if we dont have a licences system like that I would like to be able to spawn vehicles in

soo I give it a +1

Edited by ImaJames

+1 it’s been stated that, you need a certain WL, so pilots, along with staff approval seems ez enough to me I have seen the same systems work in superior so why can’t it here. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic