[Accepted] Comic's Ban Appeal

Jagger

Note: I, Jagger, am posting this ban appeal for the user/player because of the fact that they are banned from the forums and cannot do it for themselves. What you see below is a pure copy/paste from what the person sent me.

RP Name/Steam Name: Comics

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:151046311

Date of Ban: 9th November 2018

Length of Ban: Permanent

Offense: Drama (Many altercations and disagreements with higher ups and owners, most of which were on forums posts. These lead up to 2 permanent bans)

Banned By: Chambers (possibly also joah)

Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?: It’s been a whole year, I’ve changed, I;ve grown. This community genuinely meant alot to me, I made so many memories and friends within the community. It’s cliche to say but Synergy is a place for second chances. I had squabbles and arguments, I’m an opinionated person and I had poor ways of expressing myself. The toxicity I threw commonly wasn’t appropriate and was usually a childish response to other people’s ideas or their own toxic behavior. My more argumentative posts should’ve stayed to a minimal amount of posts and to certain Threads which actually concerned me.

I’d had a few controversial moments in my history on the server, I would like to address the most prominent in this post: Well after long issues surrounding the running of the server and how it had changed, in my opinion, for the worse, I’d become even more vocal about my opposition to the harsh leadership and crack down on old members who’d never done anything that awful. I’d often get into squabbles with Joah and some of the high staff and I landed myself on a “Toxic Members” list and got permanently banned. That was the first perma ban as I managed to weasel my way out of it and got unbanned. I can’t recall the process of getting unbanned but I do remember Chambers telling me I was on thin ice and had 1 last chance. The second ban was due to my response to one of Joah’s forum threads, the post was rather childish and did break the policy Chambers set up. I apologise for those actions, no matter how someone else acts I should always try to uphold a civil mind set and not take it down to cheap jokes at others expenses which have no point or reason behind them. I regret a lot of my actions on synergy but overall, I think I should be able to join the community I was in from the start (When Icefuse 212th migrated). It’s been over a year now, I think that’s long enough for anyone to learn from their mistakes. I’d like to apologise for any grief I’ve caused people or the community as a whole but I think, personally, that I still have a place in the server and lovely community of synergy. (If you don’t trust me and think I’m lying just to snake my way into the community, I have nothing to gain from that and have no reason to do that)

Evidence to support your claims: 
unknown.png?width=1200&height=564

Edited by Jagger
Fixed format for easier read

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

+1 comics is a lad

• Agree 1

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

+1

I'm not normally wanting to give people second chances and I'm also pretty chill about people.  Will say that Comics DID push a few too many buttons back then.     It's been year now and I think he should be given one more chance on a tight leash.

• Agree 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

@Carter

(Was told I can mention you on forums for Ban appeal since allegedly you are the one who made the ban)

[Please don't shoot the messenger]

• Friendly 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

36 minutes ago, Jagger said:

@Carter

(Was told I can mention you on forums for Ban appeal since allegedly you are the one who made the ban)

[Please don't shoot the messenger]

I am aware of the appeal amd I am waitng until the feedback has more or less stopped.

I am also trying to remember what finally crossed the line for the ban to happen since it was over a year ago.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Upon further investigation I wasn't even the one that banned Comics.d.

image.thumb.png.53cc01cc71892fd9b51c2af1948c5e97.png

image.thumb.png.622c408be1e54a1ebebc5884d8e11289.png

@Joah @Jackson

Woah someone actually wasn’t being toxic to carter 

my vote still stands at a +1

People get heated. But people also cool down, he’s had a whole year.

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

8 hours ago, Carter said:

I am aware of the appeal amd I am waitng until the feedback has more or less stopped.

I am also trying to remember what finally crossed the line for the ban to happen since it was over a year ago.

If you want, I can see about asking him and sending you what he said in PMs.

Nevermind,  so it was Joah/Jackson. Then in that case we'll simply wait for them to handle the situation.

Edited by Jagger
Re-read, its 7am LOL
  • Winner 1

• Retired Founder

@Jagger - To the banned player "Comics"

You have been seen as incredibly toxic in the community in the past and created a lot of unnecessary drama for all of the high staff team. You were one of the biggest headaches to deal with and many discussions were had about you in specific. Especially the group you associated yourself with. Whom continued to create issues for the community even past their bans. "Poaching members for separate communities, private discords demoralizing the staff team, and negative comments thrown between members. However the actions of others do NOT affect your own. 

In your appeal you do show remorse and show that you have grown, hopefully that will show now.

For this reason I am willing to look past your permanent ban and unban your account. However- There will be requirements.

Comics, You will be on final warning for 60 days of this post (I find that other communities use this punishment and does help with behavior). At which point you may appeal your final warning points. 

For now your appeal is - (Accepted)
Signed - Joah (Community Founder)

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2