Change rules for negotiations

Shake

Name: Shake

RP Rank: Major 

Suggestion: Make rules for negotiation and when they can be called off 

Implementation: Change how negotiations work because right now it seems worthless when I see the negotiator get taken hostage.                                                                                                                  
   If the hostage negotiator gets taken hostage negotiation should be called off as they will just take everyone hostage this may be replaced if you switch yourself out with a hostage as you can still negotiation and you got a hostage out of the situation plus you are a clone 
   In most situation a clone should not be considered to be a hostage they where made to be e
xpendable. Like if its General Grievous or Cad Bane had a SGT ranked clone the Republic would give up that one clone to stop General Grievous

Lore: 691,200,000  clone troopers  and  theirs really not that much on negotiations lore in star wars and how they handled as it did not happened that much sins droid weren't meant to take pensioners unless it was planned to 

Edited by Shake

Usually the clones weren't present to actually negotiate with Enemies, It was left to Jedi, Senators or Representatives. Some clones were present for such acts though, Like 501st Medical Trooper CT-6116 Kix who was present during the Battle of Kiros, When Obi-Wan was Negotiating. Though, Clones were trained in various way. I don't quite imagine the act of negotiation was one. Though traits were adopted by clones during the war. But more in depth details and rules with Negotiations in game would be nice! Perhaps working closely with the 104th could help!

neutral doe

Edited by Tinovious

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

6 hours ago, Shake said:

Name: Shake

RP Rank: Major 

Suggestion: Make rules for negotiation and when they can be called off 

Implementation: Change how negotiations work because right now it seems worthless when I see the negotiator get taken hostage.                                                                                                                  
   If the hostage negotiator gets taken hostage negotiation should be called off as they will just take everyone hostage this may be replaced if you switch yourself out with a hostage as you can still negotiation and you got a hostage out of the situation plus you are a clone 
   In most situation a clone should not be considered to be a hostage they where made to be e
xpendable. Like if its General Grievous or Cad Bane had a SGT ranked clone the Republic would give up that one clone to stop General Grievous

Lore: 691,200,000  clone troopers  and  theirs really not that much on negotiations lore in star wars and how they handled as it did not happened that much sins droid weren't meant to take pensioners unless it was planned to 

So what are you suggesting the rules be changed to? or better yet, what are you suggesting being changed? Do you just want an ambush to occur if the negotiator is taken hostage as well?

Edited by Father Michael
clarification

I don’t think it needs to be changed I think that the people negotiating should do better. For example yesterday. Negotiations were called off they ran to generator room and renegotiated we should have just killed them things like this shouldn’t have happened. I think the 104th should revamp their negotiation doc and counter offer instead of just giving in as a GM this is all that is ever happened. I ask for something and I get it it’s pretty easy and only a few times is it fake data or the ship is gonna blow but most times it’s another battalion that did it. 

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Banned

This doesn't need to be a server rule or whatever, just go talk to 104th and get it changed or fixed. If you want a negotiation called off, get someone of the proper rank to call it off (preferably HC, or CMD+ if no HC are available). The fact that people think they need to negotiate for a sergeant is dumb and they just need to fix their doc or smth, I don't know what they got goin. Just talk to 'em.

CLONES. ARE. EXPENDABLE.

I would understand if they took jar jar or meena tills hostage. You can't replace either of them and we would be willing to negotiate for their lives. But for every clone that dies, another 10 are being recloned on kamino. So we shouldn't even bother trying to negotiate for clones. ESPECIALLY low ranking clones. Not unless said clone or commander has some SUPER IMPORTANT information that he has to live to reveal it. Oh noes! Lieutenant XYZ died! Its fine fam, we can make another one on kamino. Also they can't kill lore comamnders because....plot armor.

Also aren't some base ops clones as well?

Edited by GM-3022 Havok

I'm confused. So you want a rule where if  the negotiator gets taken hostage it voids the negotiations and you get to storm in and kill everything? Or are you asking for a rule where we ignore clone hostages because they're expendable? Or are you asking for 104th to drop their privilege of conducting negotiations?

I see a lot of people say that Clones didn't conduct negotiations, and you're correct. But during the Clone Wars the CIS didn't loose every battle and were actually an opposing force, Half of out battalion / lore characters are dead, Not every major battalion in the GAR was kept on one base on Endor, the Sith Empire isn't a thing period (I know they're removed but they're still in the server).... Honestly bringing the whole Lore argument into ANYTHING on this server is just a waster of time because it just goes back and fourth. 

If this is just a simple change, like a rule change, then you can just talk with 104th High Command or message one of us and as far as I'm aware you haven't anything like that. 

-1 for now until its further explained in detail.

• Agree 2