Gun Saftey Bug

Bug Type (Server:): Gun Safety Bug Synergy Role play main server

Severity level (1-3): 3

Evidence (if you can): Best way hop on safety weapon and click it will un-safety the weapon

Description of the bug: Weapon gets removed from safety when you click, and proceeds to fire completely negating a safety feature of a weapon in general and causes accidents along the lines of unneeded arrests and or accidents that should not have happen

How can we recreate it: Make it to where the gun cannot shoot when it is on safety

Edited by TAW-Chaotic
putting in forrmat and making it correct
  • Retired Founder

I've seen thins before and it has been a thing for the past 4-5 years and has almost never been a problem other than the rare occasion... You shouldn't be clicking your shoot button when your weapon is on safety anyways?

However, would be nice to make sure that it can't happen for those that like clicking while weapon is on safety..?

its more along the lines when having tabbed in, or on a laptop with a mousepad you cannot disable, like my laptop i cant disable it and its sensitive, and i know some people who have tabbed in and it shot, it was working perfectly before we switched to the venator

This isn’t a bug.

Left clicking unsafety’s your weapon on purpose, it’s a quick way of unsafeining in the chance that you don’t want to do the three bind.

Just don’t fucking click when looking at someone, or just put the gun away like a normal person.

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

Head Admin

Definitly a bug. We were standing there and all of the sudden he fired. He said sorry and we all kept going although for some reason he got arrested although shock akcnowledged it as a bug but some TG arrested him anwyays.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

5 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

This isn’t a bug.

Left clicking unsafety’s your weapon on purpose, it’s a quick way of unsafeining in the chance that you don’t want to do the three bind.

Just don’t fucking click when looking at someone, or just put the gun away like a normal person.

Shock have their rifle out as part of their uniform until a certain rank. What he means is that it can go off safety in a single click. My push-to-talk button is on my mouse and I remember accidentally booping someone when I just bumped my left click. It used to be it would take many sequential clicks in a row and now it only takes one, sometimes it just takes it off safety and sometimes it straight up shoots. 

• Agree 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

6 minutes ago, Ratio said:

Shock have their rifle out as part of their uniform until a certain rank. What he means is that it can go off safety in a single click. My push-to-talk button is on my mouse and I remember accidentally booping someone when I just bumped my left click. It used to be it would take many sequential clicks in a row and now it only takes one, sometimes it just takes it off safety and sometimes it straight up shoots. 

Again, the feature of the rifles isn’t a bug.

left clicking intentionally unsafety’s your weapon. If you want to have your rifle around when you march move your push to talk.

Ill say it now because I guarantee this won’t ever be changed as whoever does the dev work will need to change scripts and shit to ensure it doesn’t happen, that would mean we need access to the files and we’d have to go through a fucking process.

want this changed? It’s a server suggestion, not a bug report.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, Ratio said:

My push-to-talk button is on my mouse and I remember accidentally booping someone when I just bumped my left click. 

Same this happened to me in courtyard once and I accidentally shot baxter

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

I say don't click while your weapon is on safety. 

Chaotic i do agree with you, but just until then dont click while your weapon is on safety.

Current:  Retried

Past: 2Del, x10Boomer, x3Anakin , x2Eeth Koth, Lumi, Quinlan, Adi, x2Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, 501st CMD, 91st CMD, Kano, Hawk, 2xAppo

On 5/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, Bbstine said:

This isn’t a bug.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, Bbstine said:

Again, the feature of the rifles isn’t a bug.

left clicking intentionally unsafety’s your weapon. If you want to have your rifle around when you march move your push to talk.

Ill say it now because I guarantee this won’t ever be changed as whoever does the dev work will need to change scripts and shit to ensure it doesn’t happen, that would mean we need access to the files and we’d have to go through a fucking process.

want this changed? It’s a server suggestion, not a bug report.

What he fucking said. Legit if this was a bug, it could've been fixed in minutes. You are literally supposed to be able to shoot. There is a reason that you have to click it twice fast ;)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...