[Accepted] Bippy's Ban Appeal

Skippy

DO NOT REPLY TO YOUR APPEAL UNLESS ANSWERING A QUESTION.

DO NOT CONTACT DIRECTORS+ ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR APPEAL

HOW TO POST A BAN APPEAL:

RP Name/Steam Name: Private Bippy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70017552
Date of Ban: 2019/04/24
Length of Ban: 6 Hours
Offense: "Racism"
Banned By: Unknown it came out of no where
Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?: Because I wasn't racist in any way, I made a comparison based off of a stereotype. 
Evidence to support your claims: I don't have any evidence since I wasn't recording since I WASN'T EXPECTING TO GET BANNED FOR RACISM 

Essentially what happened was I stumbled into the Jedi Temple as a Clone Trooper, I walked around for 20 seconds and then a Padawan jumped over to me and started going off on me to leave so I immediately went to the door and left the temple, the Jedi then followed me for 10 min around the base screaming for someone to arrest me, being a little over dramatic and excessive at this point since I left without arguing and I was just looking around the map, I then get frozen by a staff member and while I'm frozen I say "That jedi is acting like some hitler authorative leader and you guys are treating me like a jew" THAT IS NOT RACIST THE JEWS WERE TREATED LIKE SHIT BY THE NAZIS DURING WW2 AND I WAS SIMPLY STATING THAT I WAS BEING TREATED SUPER SHITTY AND EVERYTHING EVERYONE DID TO HAVE ME ARRESTED WAS SO EXCESSIVE THAT IT CAME TO A POINT THAT I FELT LIKE IT WAS TARGETTING AND OPPRESSIVE, Your staff team needs to learn how to not be so trigger happy and ban without a reason I'm assuming this guy is  a new staff member and should be re trained since he banned me for racism without even talking to me about it, I sat in jail for 300 or so seconds and then BOOM out of no where I'm banned, Very immature and very very improper, No sit was dealt, NOTHING. I would like my ban to be removed as I don't like having the idea of me being a racist and you should also consider teaching your staff about sensitivity since now I look like some racist piece of shit, I have a lenghty staff history which I am willing to provide to show I know how to staff and I know how the job should be done properly. 

Goat Party TTT - Moderator

Raggedy Ray TTT - Administrator

OnyxRP DarkRP - Elite Administrator

Tier X Gaming Star Wars RP - Senior Moderator

Sphinx Gaming Star Wars RP - Head Administrator

DarkRP Reloaded - Moderator

Icefuse Networks Clone Wars RP - Moderator

Icefuse Networks Military RP - Senior Moderator

Kings Realm - Moderator

LCS Clone Wars RP - Owner

Tamewater Clonewars RP - Moderator

I know what racism is and this staff clearly does not, I made a comparison. perhaps the comparison wasn't appropriate but it definitely wasn't racist. 

Honestly +1, I really don't see how this was racist in any way. It was merely a comparison between how he was being treated and a real-world example. Although you were in the wrong for walking in the temple as a CT I don't see anything racist about what you said.   

• Agree 1

Private Bippy was banned by TG ACE Knight Rocksteady for 6 hours. Reason: racism.

Yeah... Even if you were banned for racism he should of talked to you first. +1 Jew is also not even a race lol. 

a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins through the ancient Hebrew people of Israel to Abraham.
spacer.png

• Winner 2
1 minute ago, [SR] Greek [SA] said:

Private Bippy was banned by TG ACE Knight Rocksteady for 6 hours. Reason: racism.

Yeah... Even if you were banned for racism he should of talked to you first. +1 Jew is also not even a race lol. 

a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins through the ancient Hebrew people of Israel to Abraham.
spacer.png

YO THATS WHAT I SAID

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

The Padawan was named Donut something just in case you wanted to talk to him since I can see you're a Knight. 

what a donut, im not on for a month so yea and bring it up to others ;D

Current: GM Pighen | Jedi KU Knight Simms

I would also now like to state the ban was actually extended to 10000 minutes which is 166 hours and is now Racism/NITRP even though I was RPing by staying in jail... I also don't understand why all these changes being made. Also the reason says "Bippy why :(" 

• Agree 1
54 minutes ago, Qal said:

+1.... Its a 6 HOUR Ban, your going to be situated long before this thread is consider for action, due to the need for Community Feedback. 

It was probably updated to 7 day since its racism. 

Anyway 

+1 Lmao wayyy to trigger happy that wasnt racist 

also I'm sorry that a sit wasn't done it should have and that's not acceptable behavior for a staff member. 

Edited by Beast

Former: Veteran Admin | 91st XO Razer | Trainer Manager | Assassin  Sith Lord | Game Master|

+1. He wasn't being racist. Maybe a little bit insensitive and crude; but not racist. I don't personally feel this warrants the full ban. Possibly a reduced one or a full removal of the ban. Also, I will inform the other Masters of the situation with Donut.

7 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

but it is anti sematisim

Yeah cuz as much as you made the mistake and accepted your consequences. We still have Jewish members in the community and comparing the holocaust to you being in a jail cell in a Gmod server probably  isn’t the best idea. Good luck though in the future

11 hours ago, Skippy said:

I would also now like to state the ban was actually extended to 10000 minutes which is 166 hours and is now Racism/NITRP even though I was RPing by staying in jail... I also don't understand why all these changes being made. Also the reason says "Bippy why :(" 

Someone put in a ban request due to them not being of rank to ban for long enough.

Besides that I am disgusted by whoever was parading for this new player to get arrested over a common mistake. It's almost and shit as getting arrested for being out the CC room. He used a slightly edgey comparison which shouldn't offend anyone because Jewish folk were treated terribly by those enforcing the will of Hitler. It's ironic. But +1 there was no need for a ban. Just read signs or people will get overly salty and hunt you down till their gamer thirst is quenched. 

+1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

3 hours ago, Peaceshield said:

+1 you shouldn't have been banned 

But what's up with the influx of CT's who can't seem to read going into the temple 

I didn't know immediately that the LAAT was the teleporter so I kinds stumbled in, I read the sign but I haven't seen this map before. 

1 hour ago, Josh Schneider said:

+1 but why did you put your prievous ranks held in other communities?

Simply because I feel a little bit abused by power by a staff member of the server so I put my experience as a staff to show that I understand how a staff members job is supposed to done, I don't like being taken advantage of by someone who has a "power" I know when I make mistakes and I know going in the temple was wrong that's why I didn't argue when I was in jail and sat there for the 300 seconds of the 900 before I got the ban, But I will argue and complain when a staff member makes shortcuts in how sits and punishments are meant to be given out he may have also broken a rule by going in admin mode and freezing me so that way shock could arrest me which is normally not allowed on any server, Overall I just feel like someone abused a power which really irks me so I felt the need to show I know how a staffs job is done properly that way nobody can say "well being a staff member is hard and sometimes people get a little carried away, blah blah blah." I just didn't want to hear any excuses 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Phil said:

+1 Donut is known for baiting people.

Donut you really need to fucking stop.

I will not be biased or one sided when I say Donut didn't bait me into the temple, he ran up to me and asked me to leave but after I left he continued to follow me around the base screaming for shock to arrest me for tresspassing, I'm assuming he's trying to get noticed by Jedi so he can get promoted to Knight or something? either way he didn't bait me, just took it to an extreme. 

I would just like to apologize for my quickness to ban, however: 

a) he was a witness to you entering the temple and there are signs saying do not enter to which you freely admit.

b) anti-semitism is still a bannable offense

c) it doesn’t matter that others have gotten away with worse I wasn’t there to deal with it

The padawan didn’t aos him but did inform me wherein I changed to my temple guard and did the job I am supposed to, the reason I froze you is because you were running away and I had no desire to do a chase through the base so late at night. Secondly I may have heard wrong but I am fairly certain you called me a “f**king Jew”

49 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I will not be biased or one sided when I say Donut didn't bait me into the temple, he ran up to me and asked me to leave but after I left he continued to follow me around the base screaming for shock to arrest me for tresspassing, I'm assuming he's trying to get noticed by Jedi so he can get promoted to Knight or something? either way he didn't bait me, just took it to an extreme. 

He was running around chasing you because he couldn’t aos you and so wanted to make sure that shock would know exactly who to arrest

5 minutes ago, Rocksteady said:

I would just like to apologize for my quickness to ban, however: 

a) he was a witness to you entering the temple and there are signs saying do not enter to which you freely admit.

b) anti-semitism is still a bannable offense

c) it doesn’t matter that others have gotten away with worse I wasn’t there to deal with it

The padawan didn’t aos him but did inform me wherein I changed to my temple guard and did the job I am supposed to, the reason I froze you is because you were running away and I had no desire to do a chase through the base so late at night. Secondly I may have heard wrong but I am fairly certain you called me a “f**king Jew”

I 100% did not call anyone a "f**king Jew" It's not something that would make me mad enough to drop morals, I also explained that it wasn't racist and that it was instead A Comparison, Maybe not appropriate but still very not racist, And to address your first point, That is why I was sitting in jail when I got arrested I was serving the time, I just wish a proper sit had been done and you had addressed the racism claim properly, Also for my ban to say NITRP I don't see where I didn't intend to roleplay, I simply could have left the server and rejoined when the Padawan was following me around Or I could have changed names but instead I roleplayed it out, ran away and tried to defend myself and state my case. 

I don’t think he was “trigger happy” i do think it could have taken more time into account and see it through completely. What you said wasn’t fully anti-Semitic it was in poor taste. (Some shit i have said was in poor taste too) I’m gonna give you a +1 because I do think that it was just misheard 

8 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I 100% did not call anyone a "f**king Jew" It's not something that would make me mad enough to drop morals, I also explained that it wasn't racist and that it was instead A Comparison, Maybe not appropriate but still very not racist, And to address your first point, That is why I was sitting in jail when I got arrested I was serving the time, I just wish a proper sit had been done and you had addressed the racism claim properly, Also for my ban to say NITRP I don't see where I didn't intend to roleplay, I simply could have left the server and rejoined when the Padawan was following me around Or I could have changed names but instead I roleplayed it out, ran away and tried to defend myself and state my case. 

I understand I didn’t ban you for nitrp the admin that banned you for a week did I can only ban for a max of 6 hours

i also may have misheard you as I was switching jobs and wasn’t really listening as you hear a lot of complaints when arresting someone, all I heard was what you said about Jew, but before I could even say anything the people around you seem to have misunderstood as I did, this is being sorted out and if I am found to be in the wrong than I am deeply sorry 

I fail to find how condemning the treatment of Jewish people in WW2 is anti-Semitic. He compared the treatment of himself which he obviously wasn't happy about to the way Jewish people in WW2 were treated in a hyperbolic way. Unless he was happy that he was arrested and was enjoying the badgering and over excessive treatment from badger and the staff abuse used to make an arrest, it is not antisemitic. The hyperbolic comparison was in poor taste but wasn't antisemitic or racist.

There's, hopefully, my last political based post on the forums. Phew.

❤️

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I didn't know immediately that the LAAT was the teleporter so I kinds stumbled in, I read the sign but I haven't seen this map before. 

Simply because I feel a little bit abused by power by a staff member of the server so I put my experience as a staff to show that I understand how a staff members job is supposed to done, I don't like being taken advantage of by someone who has a "power" I know when I make mistakes and I know going in the temple was wrong that's why I didn't argue when I was in jail and sat there for the 300 seconds of the 900 before I got the ban, But I will argue and complain when a staff member makes shortcuts in how sits and punishments are meant to be given out he may have also broken a rule by going in admin mode and freezing me so that way shock could arrest me which is normally not allowed on any server, Overall I just feel like someone abused a power which really irks me so I felt the need to show I know how a staffs job is done properly that way nobody can say "well being a staff member is hard and sometimes people get a little carried away, blah blah blah." I just didn't want to hear any excuses 

The staff is very aware of what they need to do and what not, I can't speak for everyone but for the people i have gotten to know over my time as a Senior Admin, We dont "Abuse" People. We have something called "Punishment Guidelines" if you violated any of the bannable offense you will get banned if you think its abuse or not. Not all server a simiular so your Staff Experience from other servers are irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Josh Schneider said:

The staff is very aware of what they need to do and what not, I can't speak for everyone but for the people i have gotten to know over my time as a Senior Admin, We dont "Abuse" People. We have something called "Punishment Guidelines" if you violated any of the bannable offense you will get banned if you think its abuse or not. Not all server a simiular so your Staff Experience from other servers are irrelevant.

If the staff are very aware of what they're supposed to do then this case shouldn't have even happened right? I don't doubt your servers ability when it comes to staff all that I know in this instance ONE staff member not the entire staff base ONE of them didn't properly host a sit to investigate something further to ensure a ban was correct, And because of this I am currently not able to play on the server, so I'm going to be brutally honest, the way the situation has been handled makes me feel "abused" the definition of abused is "use or treat in such a way as to cause damage or harm." and in this case I feel like damage has been done it doesn't matter how big or how small a situation is, if you talk so much about guidelines which I have wrote the guidelines for many major networks like Icefuse, the number one rule is not to overstep your power/boundaries which in this case is exactly what happened, I'm not here to argue but I will not sit here and get told that "We don't abuse people we have punishment guidelines" If this is true you should no the difference between racist and anti-Semitic and you should be able to look at this situation and say "Wait a second why did this player recieve a ban for racism for something that truthfully is maybe not an appropriate comparison for the situation but definitely isn't racist, I can't stand the fact that you're sitting here trying to stand up for the staff team like this is about the entire staff team, This is about one staff member who made a decision without following the proper guidelines to ensure this doesn't have to happen, The only reason I talk generally about the staff team is because if one staff member makes a stupid mistake it makes all of you look bad, I really could care less about your track record and how much YOU follow the guidelines this is about my ban, whether it was justified, who is involved, and what will be done after looking over every detail. No disrespect towards you by the way I just don't care to listen to you tell me about how the staff team follows guidelines and how the staff team is always proper when it is very clear that in this instance a staff member did not pertain to those guidelines, if that was the case a sit would have been held, I wouldn't have sat in jail for half the time while I received the ban, and my ban wouldn't have had NITRP thrown onto it, EVEN THE STAFF MEMBER WHO BANNED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE SAID HE DOESN'T KNOW WHY NITRP WAS ADDED TO THE BAN WHICH ONLY PROVES MY POINT OF PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, NOBODY IS PERFECT AND SOMETIMES MISTAKES NEED TO BE CORRECTED, I rest my case and I can answer anything you ask. And finally yes I understand every server is different but that doesn't change the fact that every servers staff guidelines is to essentially similar to that of a police officer and guess what the police arrest somebody for the wrong reason every once in a while and sometimes people lose their job over it, to sit there and say how your staff team doesn't make mistakes and abuse people and to say that they ALL follow the guidelines is a load of shit and shows just how unrealistic your thinking is, On no server that I have staffed or managed was every single staff some perfect person and if you honestly think that your staff team is some elite team of super cops who NEVER make a mistake and abuse someone or overstep a boundary is absolutely egotistical and ridiculous. If I was some Minge CT would I go through all of this work to get this sorted? NO, the only reason I'm here is because I was genuinely abused by a staff members power and I felt it was so unfair that I needed to make a forum post. Open your eyes and look at the bigger picture and stop focusing on defending your staff team when this isn't even about the staff team, it's about one situation. 

• Winner 1
1 minute ago, Skippy said:

If the staff are very aware of what they're supposed to do then this case shouldn't have even happened right? I don't doubt your servers ability when it comes to staff all that I know in this instance ONE staff member not the entire staff base ONE of them didn't properly host a sit to investigate something further to ensure a ban was correct, And because of this I am currently not able to play on the server, so I'm going to be brutally honest, the way the situation has been handled makes me feel "abused" the definition of abused is "use or treat in such a way as to cause damage or harm." and in this case I feel like damage has been done it doesn't matter how big or how small a situation is, if you talk so much about guidelines which I have wrote the guidelines for many major networks like Icefuse, the number one rule is not to overstep your power/boundaries which in this case is exactly what happened, I'm not here to argue but I will not sit here and get told that "We don't abuse people we have punishment guidelines" If this is true you should no the difference between racist and anti-Semitic and you should be able to look at this situation and say "Wait a second why did this player recieve a ban for racism for something that truthfully is maybe not an appropriate comparison for the situation but definitely isn't racist, I can't stand the fact that you're sitting here trying to stand up for the staff team like this is about the entire staff team, This is about one staff member who made a decision without following the proper guidelines to ensure this doesn't have to happen, The only reason I talk generally about the staff team is because if one staff member makes a stupid mistake it makes all of you look bad, I really could care less about your track record and how much YOU follow the guidelines this is about my ban, whether it was justified, who is involved, and what will be done after looking over every detail. No disrespect towards you by the way I just don't care to listen to you tell me about how the staff team follows guidelines and how the staff team is always proper when it is very clear that in this instance a staff member did not pertain to those guidelines, if that was the case a sit would have been held, I wouldn't have sat in jail for half the time while I received the ban, and my ban wouldn't have had NITRP thrown onto it, EVEN THE STAFF MEMBER WHO BANNED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE SAID HE DOESN'T KNOW WHY NITRP WAS ADDED TO THE BAN WHICH ONLY PROVES MY POINT OF PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, NOBODY IS PERFECT AND SOMETIMES MISTAKES NEED TO BE CORRECTED, I rest my case and I can answer anything you ask. And finally yes I understand every server is different but that doesn't change the fact that every servers staff guidelines is to essentially similar to that of a police officer and guess what the police arrest somebody for the wrong reason every once in a while and sometimes people lose their job over it, to sit there and say how your staff team doesn't make mistakes and abuse people and to say that they ALL follow the guidelines is a load of shit and shows just how unrealistic your thinking is, On no server that I have staffed or managed was every single staff some perfect person and if you honestly think that your staff team is some elite team of super cops who NEVER make a mistake and abuse someone or overstep a boundary is absolutely egotistical and ridiculous. If I was some Minge CT would I go through all of this work to get this sorted? NO, the only reason I'm here is because I was genuinely abused by a staff members power and I felt it was so unfair that I needed to make a forum post. Open your eyes and look at the bigger picture and stop focusing on defending your staff team when this isn't even about the staff team, it's about one situation. 

tl;dr

46 minutes ago, Josh Schneider said:

I contracted something from reading this. First of all, the "Punishment Guidelines" are GUIDELINES! They are something you follow but the punishments are not all set in stone, use some damn common sense in situations and before you get trigger happy with bans, talk it out with the person like a man. Second of all, your statement on "Not all servers are similar so your staff experience from other servers are irrelevant" has nothing to do with your argument, and is totally relevant considering he has been in an admin's shoes before and has probably been in situations like this where he actually used his brain and common sense to assess the situation and not just acted without knowledge of the event. So please, stop and think before you post something.

+1, What you said may have been wrong, but it shouldn't result in an unjust ban where everything could have been avoided by just talking with one another. It isn't like he spammed the n-word in advert and deliberately tried to be racist or anti-semitic. Everyone calm the hell down.

1 hour ago, Josh Schneider said:

He was an admin on icefuse, and their guidelines are very similar to our seen as though we basically birthed from them. +1 

13 minutes ago, Esitt said:

I contracted something from reading this. First of all, the "Punishment Guidelines" are GUIDELINES! They are something you follow but the punishments are not all set in stone, use some damn common sense in situations and before you get trigger happy with bans, talk it out with the person like a man. Second of all, your statement on "Not all servers are similar so your staff experience from other servers are irrelevant" has nothing to do with your argument, and is totally relevant considering he has been in an admin's shoes before and has probably been in situations like this where he actually used his brain and common sense to assess the situation and not just acted without knowledge of the event. So please, stop and think before you post something.

+1, What you said may have been wrong, but it shouldn't result in an unjust ban where everything could have been avoided by just talking with one another. It isn't like he spammed the n-word in advert and deliberately tried to be racist or anti-semitic. Everyone calm the hell down.

If a admin deem your have broken the Server Rules enough and it states it in the guidelines they will follow it. I dont see your point. Also if you didnt see i +1'd his ban appeal im not trying to start something. If a admin deem its racist its probably because it is.
Again Staff Experiences from other servers wont help you on all servers so yes it is part of my argument. I agree maybe it could've been handlede in another way but if a admin followed what he thought was right and it was stated in guidelines there is nothing wrong with that. 

So please, stop and think before you post something.

^ Meme btw

Edited by Josh Schneider

+1 he did break a rule by entering the temple but the fact that he left immediately after being told to shoulda been a bit of a heads up to the kind of player he is. If he were actually trying to minge/trespass, he either woulda ignored him and continued on or started talking outta his ass. Also, i really dont think comparing his treatment to that of the jews would be racism or anti seminism. We need to remember that it is ok to give a WARNING every once in a while, especially to first time offenders/new players. 9 times outta 10 if a cop say finds some guy trespassing on a school om the weekend or a private lot, that person will be questioned and be escorted out and thats that. Doesnt mean he has to be arrested. U get me?