Semi Serious RP or Serious RP?

BlackiSblack

Semi Serious Or Serious (only) RP   

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Name: Rancor ARC Commander Colt/Black

Suggestion: - I mean I guess its more of a vote and I wanted to know wether we keep our status of Semi serious or change it back to Serious RP -- Cause never knew changed till I looked into the TR room

Implementation: vote

Lore: non i guess

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change:
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job:

Slots: 

Pay:

Description:

Model:
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu))

Weapons:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             (If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu)) 

Other:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by BlackiSblack

Joah has already announced it is a Semi-Serious Roleplay server, No GMOD server is Serious RP, only Mil Sims are serious roleplay from what I understand.

Also, we have always been a Semi-Serious Server it was never changed just an error on the map makers side.

Edited by Josh Schneider
Just now, Josh Schneider said:

Joah has already announced it is a Semi Serious Roleplay server, No GMOD server is Serious RP, only Mil Sims are serious roleplay from what I understand.

I mean I thought the difference would be that we would be stricter compared to other servers that have semi serious in their name

2 minutes ago, Josh Schneider said:

Joah has already announced it is a Semi-Serious Roleplay server, No GMOD server is Serious RP, only Mil Sims are serious roleplay from what I understand.

Also, we have always been a Semi-Serious Server it was never changed just an error on the map makers side.

also remember back in the day jackson saying we were serious RP 

Just now, BlackiSblack said:

I mean I thought the difference would be that we would be stricter compared to other servers that have semi serious in their name

Nope, SeriousRP is where you really roleplay as real life, Were if you break battle comms, for example, will get demoted and there was this one server where you had to go through a 4-week training camp just in order to play on the server.

Just now, Josh Schneider said:

Nope, SeriousRP is where you really roleplay as real life, Were if you break battle comms, for example, will get demoted and there was this one server where you had to go through a 4-week training camp just in order to play on the server.

i mean every server is different we dont need to do a training camp and its up to battalion COs if they want to demote ppl if they break battle comms I have done it my self in the past.

Just now, BlackiSblack said:

i mean every server is different we dont need to do a training camp and its up to battalion COs if they want to demote ppl if they break battle comms I have done it my self in the past.

That is from Arma 3 which is Mil Sim im just saying what joah told me in the channel the other day.

Semi-Serious is how the server currently is, it is just advertised as Serious in order to not encourage FailRP behavior, minging, etc.

Being labeled as Semi-Serious doesn't mean you can minge here and there or break Roleplay for your benefit. Exactly how things are now they would remain. In fact, it would help relieve stressful situations that happen between people wanting to have extensive RP vs those that don't. Things like "What's OOC?" "What's an event?" "What's Out-of-Character?" Etc. The people saying that want to RP and mock you for breaking the roleplay, but under the label of semi-serious you are allowed to break character every once in a while.

Making it Serious would mean you'd basically be warned & then arrested if you said "OOC but _________". Small example, but you are breaking character, breaking roleplaying, failRP and ruining the roleplay for others. (Which happens now daily).

Real fact is, the majority of the Community doesn't want SeriousRP. They want to have fun and slack off the RP every once in a while for whatever reason, they don't want to be in Character 100% of time and that's fine. The conflict comes from people wanting strict RP vs those that don't.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Zyner said:

Semi-Serious is how the server currently is, it is just advertised as Serious in order to not encourage FailRP behavior, minging, etc.

Thats basically what I tried to say with my bad english LOL

But yeah, it's true. 

I thought that joining Battalions through the TS3 requirement, making sure that you don't break your character or do something that clearly against the Star Wars lore, and being strict on tryouts and such were the basic templates of Serious Roleplay.

I personally believe what people really want is a place to chill, relax, and have fun. This does not mean they really want the server to be completely "Semi-Serious". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by KanZ
  • Retired Founder

So no clone wars server on garrys mod is considered "Serious RP"

If that was the case, we would not have. "OOC" / a voicechat function / etc.

Serious roleplay servers ban you 100% for breaking character once. We do not.

Semi-Serious is defined as allowed to be lenient but still is serious when the time calls for it.

Want to see a definition. 501st Mil Sim Arma 3, or Half Life 2 RP

The server is defined as Semi-Serious ~ Enjoy.

• Agree 1