A Medic Buff

Name: CMO Lietenant Commander/ Major Blue | Kom'rk

Suggestion: Either increase the Health and/or Speed of all medics

Implementation: Increase the stats for all medics to make them more appealing in Battalions. Currently, all other subunits in Battalions dwarf medics in some way or another. Medics get 1 thing, a medkit, which heals incredibly slow and deters potential medics from joining due to the unappealing nature of being a medic. 

Medics should be somewhat faster than the normal trooper, and they should also have more health. However, if I would pick between the stats I would say increase the speed of a medic by a few points (slower than Shock obviously). Other subunits get cool weapons like a Z6 or a sniper or a minigun etc. 

*DISCLAIMER* In no way, shape, or form will medics be overpowered by this buff. If you complain about them in PVP being faster then get better aim or change the rules. This is for everyone's benefit.

Lore: None that I could find

Workshop content if applicable: n/a

(Also if I need to add the Job change format as well I will do that. Unsure if it was needed.)

Edited by Blueberry Juice
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Snadvich said:

Like we keeping having recommendations for medical stuff. Feels like we’re asking for a lot when we’ve already got a lot comin

Currently the only things we have for medics are Defibs, and they're testing them now. I do understand the concern however, as it does seem that way. However, medics are grossly underappreciated throughout the server.

Edited by Blueberry Juice
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

-1 They are fine how they are and the medkit isn’t really slow. This is unnecessary 

This is like asking for regiment specific buffs. Which has been denied

If we give medics a buff then every other regiment will want a buff

Edited by Arroyo
1 minute ago, BlackiSblack said:

-1 uneeded they can legit self heal in combat and dont even get me started on JT meds like 44 and one of the nulls

werent u dash 44 for like 6 months?

and also +1 for run speed up -1 for HP up

Ehhh.. I get it, you want medics to be able to reach their target to heal a little bit faster, only its really not needed.
Medics play an important role, but in no way should they run faster in a logical sense. If anything, carrying their medical equipment would make them slower.

At the end of the day, they're just like every other trooper, but with a medkit, and on top of that you want to add a boost to speed. I'm just iffy about this one chief. But if medics got this, on top of the already in development/testing defibs, it won't end. Next you'll see engineers asking for more armour, or ARF asking for better jump height/speed too.

I understand why it would help, but there are already a lot of medics, just note medics aren't the only in-battalion regiment on the server.

I'm gonna stick to a -1 for this.

• Agree 3

Neutral.

You don't need to be faster. Position yourself better as a medic. There are battalions that get speed boosts as their battalion buff and it would be unfair for a medic to go fast just because you don't think about your positioning. Also what about speed-boosted battalions? Would they go double fast? If they don't then it wouldn't be fair to them.

Buffing life, maybe, although it'd probably be weird to implement, and people running around with medkits all the time just casually buffing health sounds like a problem.

If I were to buff medics, I would try to buff the rate at which they heal OTHER clones, just slightly, and leave their self-heal as is, or maybe even nerf the self-heal as it's already surprisingly strong if you know how to dodge.

Edited by OneNiner6719

-1 I think it's ight, not too necessary.  Medics got the medkit and will soon get defibs which is an awesome addition.  However, I find an increase in speed and health not needed.  Maybe speed, but certainly not health.  :)

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Heavy Neutral.

it’s not really needed but could help interest into more medic roles.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope