CWRP - Armor Kit

Zest

Name: Zest/Sour

Suggestion: An armor kit. It works exactly like a medkit, except it's with armor. I believe the only class that can drop armor(and it only allows you to go to 100) is the Galactic Marine Support(which aren't always present). Soooo, I wish to add this. I would like feedback as to which class it would be added to. ENG? Plus this would make medics run around more having to heal and armor-up their fellow brothers, which is good, because they need to do that more.

Implementation: An Armor Kit. It's a small file. 0.034 MB to be exact. For the ENG. Like 104th, GM, DU, 212th, 501st, and 327th(as being specialized and attack batts.)

Lore: I don't know, mid-combat armor is something that would help troopers push on reclaim our territory.

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1609999134&searchtext=

Edited by Zest
  • Agree 1

-1 this takes away from the specialization of the galactic marine elite support trooper which is the ONLY class that can spawn armor, so lets keep it that way cus god knows they need it

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

Hmm, I like the idea of being able to repair or replenish armor but I'm not sure about having it be a kit.

Maybe something more like an NPC or Device(like the Bacta Stations) can be put into armory. Low on armor? Go there and get it replenished.

Neutral for now.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Snadvich said:

-1 Really this should only be able to be given by ENG’s (Which should be a suggestion) and GM’s support trooper

ENG is a better option, Yes. However, when the Support puts down an armor kit thing, it puts you at 100 regardless of your armor. If your at 500 armor and you pick one up, it goes to 100 and not 600. It doesn't stack, making this a server-wide thing would be better than bombarding the 1-2 support troopers we have on at one time with "ARMOR HERE". I believe an ENG would be a better choice I didn't even think of that.

Edited by Zest
3 hours ago, 41st Logic said:

-1 this takes away from the specialization of the galactic marine elite support trooper which is the ONLY class that can spawn armor, so lets keep it that way cus god knows they need it

As stated above.

-1 Reasoning being, this is one of GM's perks that we were able to choose a while ago. This is like putting in a suggestion for no fall damage, not everyone should have it because its a 2ndAC perk ONLY. Each battalion has a perk that makes them more special, this is ours..

Edited by Matra

spacer.png

Currently: SGM

Previously: HA | TRM | BCMD Bacara x4 | CMD Keller x4

-1 This is one of the Battalion bonus's GM receives, GM have been increasingly active as of late and having it open to everyone or having something can can give someone full armor is a bit broken. The GM support can give the user 100 armor max and is instant.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

27 minutes ago, Matra said:

suggestion for no fall damage, not everyone should have it because its a 2ndAC perk ONLY. 

2ndAC TAKE FALL DAMAGE SINCE FOREVER!!!!

is this rumor still going on? The other week I killed myself to fall damage 

Edit: While researching and asking questions 2ndAC were suppose to take no fall damage but it was not given to us. We still take fall damage :) 

Edited by Arroyo
22 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

2ndAC TAKE FALL DAMAGE SINCE FOREVER!!!!

is this rumor still going on? The other week I killed myself to fall damage 

I thought this was true, i was the one who said it was true to Matra. my bad...

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

As this suggestion currently stands it wouldn't get my support as it completely fucks GMs combat perk.

What I would suggest is a hybrid idea.

ENGs of all battalions (That have ENG) can drop armor (potentially)

All GMs can drop armor but only support trooper has armor kit (Or restrict it so only support can do both)

This way the functionality is added to all battalions (ENG: 212th, 327th, DU, etc (not handed out like candy but helps ENG thrive more?)) but GM still get to keep an upgraded armor boost of some sort to keep it as their specialty?

Thoughts?

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

I agree with Chambers on this. Seeing GM drop Armor in events is extremely rare enough as it is (I’ve personally only seen them do it in a select few events over the last month, and I’m a DU medic main, so I’m in the frontline with a shield and Z6 and in the back healing, so I see everything during deployments especially).

Doing what he suggested would not only make ENG classes worth using in combat, but also allow GM to be 10x more useful in combat from what they are now. 

Edited by Synyster

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard 

1 hour ago, Jorrdan said:

GM never deploy armor like they rarely do. I say fuck this you can buy it in the menu cause that takes long and give all GM this but also give all ENGs this. Could Revive ENG +¨1

You dont even play the server anymore but okay.

I like chambers idea about making ALL gm able to do it, gives them purpose

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

As this suggestion currently stands it wouldn't get my support as it completely fucks GMs combat perk.

What I would suggest is a hybrid idea.

ENGs of all battalions (That have ENG) can drop armor (potentially)

All GMs can drop armor but only support trooper has armor kit (Or restrict it so only support can do both)

This way the functionality is added to all battalions (ENG: 212th, 327th, DU, etc (not handed out like candy but helps ENG thrive more?)) but GM still get to keep an upgraded armor boost of some sort to keep it as their specialty?

Thoughts?

+1 to this. This way whenever someone needs armor they can just look for any GM or ENG job as opposed to just looking for the support trooper. And only giving the support trooper the armor kit still makes GMs special. But the armor ability should only be given to GM jobs and not the nova corp job so they still have incentive to become a GM.

I like Carters|Chambers idea, mainly the second one.

I would say it should be just GM to be able to drop armour as it is already a GM bonus, but i am aware there is only 2 or 3 ENG jobs, 212th, base ops and another i think.

And this kit that would slowly fill up someones armour like Med kits.

+1 to that

When my idea gets one-upped by @Carter *kills self*. Jk but in all honesty thank you Chambers for making this heard. I think your idea would be a very efficient way to work with armor. THANK YOU CHAMBERS I +1 YOUR BETTER SUGGESTION.

Edited by Zest