Map cycle between venator and endor

Stern

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Stern

Suggestion: Introduce a map cycle system in which we change base of operations every 3 weeks to a month.

Implementation: If we create a cycle system in which we swap maps every few weeks we will keep things on the server fresh. The base we are on now is great and I believe it is a lot of fun to deploy to outposts and be ambushed while on patrol, But the map gets a little stale after a while which is what happened to us on the venator. Each map is great in its own way and has its ups and downs. But to keep both of these maps with their edge that they had from the start. Many people I have spoken to miss the sudden exit of hyperspace with en enemy fleet waiting for us. Or even being eaten by a huge space worm. 

I see a problem with perma propping and text screens but if we do this in a certain time frame where it isn't constantly bugging admins then I am sure they will be more than willing. Seeing as all our documents for the Venator have already be made we can simply open them up again.

Lore: None

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

-1 this is from a staff point of view, the bugging staff is going to be a problem no matter what, some people don't like that they need to get a VA+ so they can get their bunks decorated and permapropped,  now too since the VA is a small and group game masters would then also have trouble since we are thinking of idea's for main server and the event idea's section would need to change to so we have venator idea's and endor idea's the gamemasters also need to keep track of when the map is switching and then if they would have good ground base idea's they would need to write it down or they would forget it for gamemasters also need to get in the mindset of a map like we need to know what's stable to use and what is not and what events work and which do not . also then the systems that we have now would need to keep changing and some trainings like ARQ,BARC and AT-RT need to be adapted wich is going to take a long time. 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

-1 this is from a staff point of view, the bugging staff is going to be a problem no matter what, some people don't like that they need to get a VA+ so they can get their bunks decorated and permapropped,  now too since the VA is a small and group game masters would then also have trouble since we are thinking of idea's for main server and the event idea's section would need to change to so we have venator idea's and endor idea's the gamemasters also need to keep track of when the map is switching and then if they would have good ground base idea's they would need to write it down or they would forget it for gamemasters also need to get in the mindset of a map like we need to know what's stable to use and what is not and what events work and which do not . also then the systems that we have now would need to keep changing and some trainings like ARQ,BARC and AT-RT need to be adapted wich is going to take a long time. 

-Permaprops stay through map spots.

-game masters should have an idea list anyway

-there would be a cycle so you would already know in advance 

-u said event ideas need to be changed but u guys haven’t touched that section in a while 

- “mindset of the map” lmao fuck no map doesn’t matter all you really need to do is adapt to terrain but that’s not even nessecary. (IE. building a smaller map in empty space) 

GM’ing forces you to be creative, if your not creative then that’s on you. 

+1 but i think it should be more focoused on the group map (3 weeks on ground 1 week in Venator) and in before the map change there should be a crazy big event.

• Agree 1

I remember they spoke about this before the map came out. To keep things fresh.

As when we swapped back to venator extensive all permaprops and textscreens stayed, and everything was normal. We just re-did the map for a newer look.

If it isnt much hassle, +1, But im going to stay Neutral for now. 

Edited by Scribbles

As fun as it'd be to switch maps, it seems like the mappers at already at their limit with the current map, and just switching to someone else's map is kinda dumb when we have people making and updating maps just for the server. 

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

• Management
Management

Neutral for now.

I'd +1 if it was possible and would work out but I don't think it will.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 I like the idea of switching between the two maps, I really never liked the base map, but I understand that the founders used a lot of resources and plan to continually update it.  I think this would be fine at a time of us going to a planet for a large deployment or something.  I really liked our old ass Venator from over the Summer.  However, I'm not sure if it'll work with the newly established Sith.

Edited by Stockings

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!