[FOUNDERS] Better Weather/Day Night System [Main/Event]

Shiny Keldeo

Name: Keldeo

Suggestion: StormFox - Environment Mod

Implementation: A better alternative to the current Atmos Weather/Day/Night Cycle mod currently implemented on the server. Better control over Weather, Temperature, Time, and even Wind. Has various weather types including Rain/Snow (Depending on Temperature), Acid Rain, Overcast, Sunny, Sandstorm, and Fog Cover. Time can be haulted, and weather is automatically generated over time but can be activated manually. Special Weather like Acid Rain and Sandstorms are Disabled to automatically generate, and have to be manually. Wind affects props and other items in the open and can push them around if the config is allowed. Overall a better mod than the current one that was last updated over 2 years ago now.

Lore: Basic Weather

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132466603

• Founder
Founder

It does look nice however, it would need to be tested to make sure it didn't lag the server. 

• Agree 1
  • Founder
Founder
3 hours ago, Shiny Keldeo said:

I've used the addon pretty much since it's been released. Most of the effects are able to be adjusted client side, and it's fairly well optimized for servers.

Yeah the problem is that it is much different when it is comparing performance for 1 person to 128. But like Joah said he will start looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...

The mod is still being updated regularly with optimization improvements, with most of the graphical settings being completely client side. The mod has also been tested for player counts and the latter if this quote from the author is any indication.

"It is made to support as many people as possible. This means SF runs mostly on the client, will adjust its quality to each individual machine and even try to adjust itself to most maps for the best outcome."

• 2 weeks later...

@Square I believe stormfox is the alternative weather system to Atmos that we tested during the initial development of MilitaryRP. Ran pretty well if I remember correctly, but we only had like 10-15 people on the server when the weather was enabled.

I liked how it auto adjusted the settings since I have a shit computer.