Defibrillator for Medics

BGCrafter

Name: BGCrafter

Suggestion: Add the Defibrillator back to the Medic Job

Implementation: The Defibrillator was a game-changer for Medics. It gave people "second chance" to be on the battlefield. It gave more realism being a Medic and actually being able to revive people.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change Medic Job

Job: Medics

Model: N/A

Weapons: N/A

Other: Add Defibrillator

Defibs didn’t really work back in the day, I really want to see them be added and working properly but I feel right now is a shitty time to add more things in when they have so much shit to add

• Agree 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

+1 and PLEASE add the respawn timer and maybe even up it. Make dying something that you want to prevent, if the event is not one life I see way too many people just rush and not care about dying, again, make dying something you want to prevent.

For any kind of reasonable defibrillator use, it requires ragdolls. And ragdolls not only lag the server, but when you start getting into 128 player counts (which is already painful to the source engine), you start getting some big issues, not to mention the heavy scripts that operate way too frequently (as per the old one we had), and relative datedness of most defib addons.

While the idea is good for roleplay, sure, the actual implementation just will not be good.

• Agree 1

+1 if you can get a kind of thing that another big server uses where there is no ragdoll. But a symbol representing the dead person that they can revive from then that would be perfect and quite useful. Especially as the outside of the map gets opened.

• Agree 1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

5 hours ago, OneNiner6719 said:

For any kind of reasonable defibrillator use, it requires ragdolls. And ragdolls not only lag the server, but when you start getting into 128 player counts (which is already painful to the source engine), you start getting some big issues, not to mention the heavy scripts that operate way too frequently (as per the old one we had), and relative datedness of most defib addons.

While the idea is good for roleplay, sure, the actual implementation just will not be good.

This is exactly why they were removed. 

>People complain about lag

>Wants to add something that makes downtime during events laggy.

>????

>Profit? 

• Winner 1

WAS MEDIC

Neutral. 

1. Although they are laggy, they are useful in many scenarios, also, this can generate more medical interest in some battalions.

2. Lags like hell but I like Baelfire's Idea about the death icon. I've seen many other servers use it but I do not know what is the current content pack.

13 hours ago, Baelfire said:

+1 if you can get a kind of thing that another big server uses where there is no ragdoll. But a symbol representing the dead person that they can revive from then that would be perfect and quite useful. Especially as the outside of the map gets opened.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope