Remove the restrictions on /bow and /salute.

Ratio

Name: Ratio

Suggestion: Stated in the title. In my eyes, there's never been a reason for this restriction. The idea that it can reach heights of "AOS for FailRP" is really too much. 

Implementation: Just a change of the server rule and removal of the text screen in the training room. 

Lore: While there is no lore to back this idea up, that doesn't mean that a Jedi or Clone have never saluted or bowed respectively. In fact, I can think of a few scenarios in which it not only not FailRP, but RP-friendly. 

-Clones-

• Clones may come to a situation where they're met face-to-face with royalty or someone of higher importance. Let's say it's a Queen, for instance. In this scenario, you would not "salute" the Queen because she is not technically your military superior. You would bow respectfully instead. 
  • Clones might want to bow before a Jedi Master rather than saluting them. Let's say that the Clone likely wants to cater to their position in the Order rather than their position in the GAR.
  • It's just a more general way of showing respect. While they would likely not bow to their BCMD, chances are they would do so to a Senator or a Civilian.

-Jedi-

• Jedi hold a position in the GAR as Generals and Commanders. If running military affairs, they might more than likely represent that cause. For example, if Clones are lined up and standing at attention, the Jedi might salute to put them all at ease.
  • In briefings, after a promotion, it doesn't really make sense why a Jedi can't salute. No debrief speaker says "Everyone salute or bow to your..." they ALWAYS say "Everyone salute your..."
  • Jedi might respond to an Admiral or someone who's higher on the rank food chain than them. If they are military personnel, it makes more sense that they would salute them. (although in this scenario, I could see them doing both)

It's simply player choice on how they want their character to act. If they want a gentleman Clone, allow them to have that. If they want a cunning, military expert Jedi, allow them to have that as well. Plus in general, it seems silly that performing a simple action that literally anybody can perform is an instant AOS. 

• Winner 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Pretty sure Military forces in real life would salute royalty, you wouldn't really ever see a trooper bow.

Jedi's aren't technically military since they apparently are "peacekeepers" (however ironic that may sound) so it wouldn't make sense for them to salute

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Banned

-1, This is idiotic. I'm sorry.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

+1

I totally agree, and a lot of it comes down to a level of respect, if a jedi respects a clone officer under them, they may show that respect with a salute, and the same for a clone to a jedi commanding them (although it'd be more likely to be a more free-thinking trooper, like an ARC or something) These people giving a -1 are cray cray.