[Directors] Self Defense

Egg

Name: Egg

Suggestion: As the suggestion states, we should be allowed to defend ourselves from rdmers.

Implementation: We should be allowed to defend ourselves by being able to shoot back at someone who has gone rogue and starts RDMing. Just a simple rule change.

Lore: N/A

• Agree 1

-1, lemme say why
- IF someone shoots accidently on u and its a 2 shot, the first response of ANOTHER minge is To shoot, meaning the other guy gets killed.
- IF u get shot and they accidently shoot twice and your are shooting back AND u accidently hit someone else in the process they join the "shooting party" and its killing fest or something
my point this can be taken from a minor thing into a big thing

Current: GM Pighen | Jedi KU Knight Simms

11 minutes ago, TayTay said:

Check logs goobie boy

That is not how our logs work to my knowledge. From what I have seen it counts kills against players not damage done. 
-1 If this does get added then it would cause a lot more confusion with who did what in the end. Admins would need to punish just off of hearsay from both sides. The way the system is now works anyways. Why try to fix what isn't broken?

Edited by Jacien
8 minutes ago, Jacien said:

That is not how our logs work to my knowledge. From what I have seen it counts kills against players not damage done. 
-1 If this does get added then it would cause a lot more confusion with who did what in the end. Admins would need to punish just off of hearsay from both sides. The way the system is now works anyways. Why try to fix what isn't broken?

The logs are the same as when I was staff and they do in fact shot damage done so that is incorrect

Um, -1? This is pretty obvious. This can all VERY easily turn into a massive RDM fest. I'll elaborate, if a CT begins to shoot you and you decide to shoot back that will 1: Kill the CT most likely and end up having him respawn when if CG is right there they could have just arrest him. 2: It can give people the justification they need in order to make their RDMing "legal", what I mean by that is they can claim that a person had shot them or any other hostile action and therefore since CG can't check if they actually got shot first or whatnot (If what Jacien said is true, if not them either way they will need to wait for an admin to come and check which would just take a long time and be unnecessary). 3: If you or the other person misses and there is a lot of people (AKA DB shooting) that may very easily turn into an absolute cluster fuck where everyone is shooting and killing each other, and if this rule was a thing then even if you hit someone on accident they may just end up shooting you back and just continue on since there are a load of people in that area. 4: It could cause the problem to continue happening, what I mean by that is if you shoot back that person might find it amusing and keep going since they keep getting reactions out of people and keep coming back and doing it again. And sure, they could get banned but combine every thing that I had just said into this one point and they would be able to avoid getting banned very easily and cause massive mayhem all the while claiming that they were just defending themself. 

Edited by Striker
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion is being denied as it could be used as loophole to get out of rdming someone 

• Agree 2