Staff Announcement

Tango

Name: Tango

Suggestion: I would like to suggest the command /staffa or /sa for staff announcements. 

Implementation: Adding a command such as /staff would help get the workout. Say there is a problem with the elevators or just putting in chat to call staff using @, we can announce this using the command. The command will accessible to all rank from New Admin plus. The advert pops up in chat in All Green except for the [Staff Announcment] which is white. For example, if I type the command /sa The elevators are broken. This will require an admin cleanup. Please be patient. This will also recognize those staff that is active in the community by using this command.

Lore: There is a lore feature. Adverting ADMIN CLEANUP is a little immersion breaking. We can have the announcement command help with this. 

Workshop content if applicable: Development (easy)

Personal Opinion: I feel like this is undeeded as we have advert that we can use just fine for it.

Tester Opinion: I suppose it would be a bit helpful to deceiver what is important and what isn't in staff chat.

Pros: Would make it easier to see "announcements" in staff chat.

Cons: Unneeded work for the developers and no real need for it.

Overal -1

Also, the server needs to add custom content. Small things add up. Cosmetics help. The way the server looks and how many features the server has it key. I am not saying it needs to be put out right now. If I were a developer of synergy I could make it fast. I am a GLua/Lua Dev and I know it doesn't take many resources. The more features there are/ the more logical features there are, the more people like servers.

1 hour ago, Tango said:

An advert is used for in character comms. Staff should be different!

It's used for announcements as well, which is why game masters ask for event jobs in there, TROs call TRs to train in advert, etc. It's only in character if you are using it for officer comms/event jobs.

Personal Opinion: This is unneeded and would just take up our time.

Tester Opinion: Would be hard to implement and it would just be like Advert only for staff.

Pros: None really.

Cons: Waste of space, hard to implement, all this could be done with Advert.

Overall: -1

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Esitt said:

Personal Opinion: This is unneeded and would just take up our time.

Tester Opinion: Would be hard to implement and it would just be like Advert only for staff.

Pros: None really.

Cons: Waste of space, hard to implement, all this could be done with Advert.

Overall: -1

I semi agree but as a developer it’s easy to create and implement 

• Agree 1
45 minutes ago, Medic said:

So I'm going to say this here as the person who would put this in. 100% unneeded, you can arrest someone faster than doing this command ALSO, you can freeze with your physgun.

This one is about Staff Announcements mate, you're thinking of the other post on Staff Jailing. lol

There is advert. As this could be helpful to deceiver which information is 'more important' it is un-needed we have /advert. Also, if this were to get added it would be for SA+ atleast. It could be easily abused by the other ranks.

because we can /advert even though we are using in game comms but it a lot better way instead of using the @ to put in so we can annouse the thing like EX:Event Jobs,When the Owner is making announcements and doings some tests with our gear that we have in our class.

~TR 501st TCO 1stLT Boomer

• Retired Founder

ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ.
sᴛᴀғғ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴏғᴛᴇɴ.
ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ /ᴀᴅᴠᴇʀᴛ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.