Report on Mace Windu (Rascism, Failrp) Yoda (OOC Abuse of Power)

Your Name: RANCOR ARF SUP CPL Scotty

Your Steam ID: 76561198055008700

Your rank/position in the battalion (if applicable)?: ARF SUP CPL

Battalion Commander(+)'s Name: Grand Master of the Order Yoda, Master of the Order Mace Windu

Battalion Commander(+)'s Steam ID (OPTIONAL IF UNABLE TO FIND): N/A

Battalion/Squad/Regiment/Brigade: Jedi

Why should this Battalion Commander(+) be demoted?:

Mace Windu- Mace Windu was running around the bunks asking people for food stamps which is extremely unprofessional and very much so fail rp as it heavily breaks immersion of the role play. Secondly, some of us were hanging out in the RANCOR hangar when he then decided to run up and yells "What are you a Gook?"(1) to me which i find extremely offensive. And stated directly in the server rules, Racism of any form will not be tolerated. Then when i had called an admin over,  who subsequently brought yoda who said "yo if it ain't the N word i don't care"(2) and ran off. Yoda then threatened to have me demoted for calling the situation out in OOC because was trying to get help and i quote "You wanna fucking try me kid? i will get you demoted so fast you wont even know what hit you". Both of these people acted extremely childish and immature throughout the course of this occurrence and deserve to be punished for this as no jedi should conduct themselves in this manner.

(1) http://plays.tv/video/5aa5b74d3f22d83eb1/mace-windu-failrp-rascism

(2)http://plays.tv/video/5aa5bc4f20e423263a/yoda-failing-to-take-responsibility-of-the-jedi

(3)https://imgur.com/a/eRdmG

Has this Battalion Commander violated one of the rules for demotion?: According to the rules located HERE,

Mace windu has violated  the rules listed being Racism, and fail roleplay.

Yoda-Promotion Of Racism, OOC abuse of power

Evidence against the individual?: Listed above

Suggestion for new Commander of that Battalion (OPTIONAL)?: N/A

• Agree 1

well I don't like the unprofessional behavior from mace at all, Secondly I don't agree with how Yoda just brushed it off like it was nothing when if a Knight had a report like this then they would most likely be demoted. I Like Tyzen he didnt do anything too bad although I feel he could have talked to mace. I wont -1 or +1. 

More for Mace than Yoda

Edited by Notadroid

Based on the evidence provided I am going to have to endorse this report because of what was said.

Honestly, these people would know better because we just had a recent announcement about being "serious" while being in-game.

Especially since these people are both high ranks... like Jesus Christ guys really? 

+1

(edit)

I have to say that while I believe Yoda handled this poorly it's not reportable and I refer you to my above statement

-1 to Yoda +1 for Mace

and he could easily just change this to a player report so don't get hung up on that portion guys just fyi

Edited by Carter
More info
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Just now, Egg said:

You cant commander report mace but you can for Yoda and I have not seen yoda break any rules. This honestly just seems kind of like a witch hunt for defending his Mace Windu.

Promotion of Racism "Yo if its not the N word i dont care" there are other racist terms besides the N word.

Gotta -1 since Yoda's wording was taken out of context. I was in the channel when he explained it to us the same way he did to you and he was basically saying that the word itself isn't blatantly racist like the N word is and isn't too much of a racial slur. I don't fully agree with Mace running around calling people that I'll admit. Also you can't put a report in on Mace so if you have an issue with him you take it to Yoda. If that is out of question then you go to the Directors.

Ok first of all gook is not a racial term the definition of "gook"  is "a foreigner, especially a person of Philippine, Korean, or Vietnamese descent." An also  taking my words out of context and twisting them an also the only reason I went after you is because you said this

https://gyazo.com/946ecacd77f93c47adfc3391046817ed

"jedi are held to a lower standard"

Like hello of course I'm gonna defend the jedi and my mace, you have to understand something is that i understand there are other racial slurs then the n word and I get that but he did not say them. An also the food stamps thing has been a meme for so long, in the earlier days mace windu only made 1 credit on the server that's why maces would go around asking for food stamps and donations. an also this is a garrys mod server it is the point to having fun. An also you need to stop being so up tight literally its a meme not anything else.

Also you can't call me childish when you disrespect the jedi saying we clones hold them as a lower standards just saying you should maybe not take things so seriously when its a meme.

Edited by Tyzen
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, Rush Cat said:

Gotta -1 since Yoda's wording was taken out of context. I was in the channel when he explained it to us the same way he did to you and he was basically saying that the word itself isn't blatantly racist like the N word is and isn't too much of a racial slur. I don't fully agree with Mace running around calling people that I'll admit. Also you can't put a report in on Mace so if you have an issue with him you take it to Yoda. If that is out of question then you go to the Directors.

I have to correct you on this one thing.

If you ever called someone a "Gook" irl you would get punched so fast you wouldn't know what hit you.

I have multiple friends that I would consider family that have been called this word and I can tell you it's just as offensive as the "N Word" is to African Americans.

Just because you don't consider it offensive doesn't mean it's not actually offensive to those it applies to. 

• Agree 3

I'm gonna +1 on mace but not yoda. First off if a ct did that then he would be banned. For mace windu to play that role he needs to lower minging. Also I agree Tyzens words were taken out of context and I think Mace knows with great power comes great responsibility. I am hoping he learns from this but he should feel repercussions for his actions. Joking or not racism isn't needed here

I don't really think Gook is racist if it was the N word it would be different, and if we were to put a report on every high rank on the server for minor failrp for saying things like gook most of the high command coming from Jedi and Clone then most of us would have a report on us to. Personally, this isn't the biggest issue on the server please leave these commander reports to something very vital this isn't important to be letting everyone on the forums know about your issues.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Personally I think you were the one being childish during this. If you wanted someone demoted for some reason than go to his boss, not argue about it in ooc. Seems as if there were many staff there, so him being banned was up to them and it doesn't seem like he was banned.

You may see this as biased, so that's your opinion but I tried to look at both sides. In my opinion you're in the wrong.

If Mace gets demoted for saying Gook than I want that Rancor Private removed for saying it as well.

Mace Windu

Mace Windu doesn't apply to those rules and regulations because he is not lead of the faction, Yoda is. For example if a Rear Admiral broke one of the rules listed than you wouldn't make a Commander report on him/her, you would go to the Admiral about it. Yoda is the guy who determines who Mace Windu is and isn't.

Anyways let's get on to this report. If him saying "I need foodstamps" is failrp than about 99% of the server needs demoted as well. This is a video game on Garry's Mod. There is no server out there that is 100% serious roleplay 24/7. I could say you asking him to gamble is failrp as well. No clone gambled while on duty. They had to go to that one club on Coruscant.

Gook can be racist, but in this context no. I genuinely believe that Nightmare believes the word sounds funny and that's why he said it. If he was to say something along the lines of you fucking gook or something similar than yeah that's racist. If someone were to come up and say what are you a cracker to me, I wouldn't be offended. Is it still a derogatory term for white person? Yes, but it has other meanings.

Yoda

I don't see where Yoda "promoted racism." He never ran up and said racism is okay or racism is allowed.

If I had a dime someone in a high position threatened to demote someone else than I would be a fucking billionaire. Sounds to me like he threatened to have you demoted because he thought you were disrespecting him and the Jedi.

I don't see where Yoda broke any rules what so ever.

Edited by Dargon
3 minutes ago, Rush Cat said:

Nothing was taken out of context in all, I did go to yoda and he just childishly ran off that is why its being posted.

3 minutes ago, Tyzen said:

Ok first of all gook is not a racial term the definition of "gook"  is "a foreigner, especially a person of Philippine, Korean, or Vietnamese descent." An also  taking my words out of context and twisting them an also the only reason I went after you is because you said this

https://gyazo.com/946ecacd77f93c47adfc3391046817ed

"jedi are held to a lower standard"

Like hello of course I'm gonna defend the jedi and my mace, you have to understand something is that i understand there are other racial slurs then the n word and I get that but he did not say them. An also the food stamps thing has been a meme for so long, in the earlier days mace windu only made 1 credit on the server that's why maces would go around asking for food stamps and donations. an also this is a garrys mod server it is the point to having fun. An also you need to stop being so up tight literally its a meme not anything else.

As you all seem to be so triggerhappy quoting the first thing you see on google, if you tool two seconds to look, it literally states that is informal offensive. I don not like how you are trivializing a racial slur that i find extremely derogatory due to my ethnicity. If you like edgy memes, cool, but keep them in your private team speak channels where no one else has to put up with them when they could blatantly offend someone.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

1. I was in Teamspeak and I was speaking with friends in a closed channel but then I accidentally said gook in game

2. Food Stamps. This was just a simple meme and I wanted to make a simple joke with people and other people say far worse stuff on the server.

Stop witch hunting people 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
Just now, Carter said:

I have to correct you on this one thing.

If you ever called someone a "Gook" irl you would get punched so fast you wouldn't know what hit you.

I have multiple friends that I would consider family that have been called this word and I can tell you it's just as offensive as the "N Word" is to African Americans.

Just because you don't consider it offensive doesn't mean it's not actually offensive to those it applies to. 

Maybe in real life but this is a game on the internet. It can be racist when it is intended to be. Again this whole situation was taken out of context as racism when the intent was that it was just a meme. No one says the word on the internet and is actually thinking of Koreans/Vietnamese in a negative context, and if they really are then they are assholes. Doesn't mean it's a nice thing to say at all but it's not intended for racism. I don't agree with anyone running around calling people it but I don't think it's racist either. Everything is person to person including what they find insulting.

It is not a racial slur it is a offense slur which is defined by the internet 

gook1
ɡo͞ok/
noun
NORTH AMERICANinformaloffensive

1. a foreigner, especially a person of Philippine, Korean, or Vietnamese descent.

It is informal and offensive not a racial slur.

Also nightmare was meaning to say it in teamspeak with us not in game an also being "unprofessional" on a garrys mod server then every single fucking person should be arrested because when someone says hey you wanna gamble in the middle of MHB then we should all be arrested and banned

Edited by Tyzen
4 minutes ago, Core said:

I don't really think Gook is racist if it was the N word it would be different, and if we were to put a report on every high rank on the server for minor failrp for saying things like gook most of the high command coming from Jedi and Clone then most of us would have a report on us to. Personally, this isn't the biggest issue on the server please leave these commander reports to something very vital this isn't important to be letting everyone on the forums know about your issues.

Core you have to realize for assist that term is offensive. It's not offensive to you because you don't relate. As being half-Hispanic I got made fun and called a beaner almost daily. Also it's not your place to call out him for voicing his concerns. If he feels it was racism while to some it is. Nightmare maybe was memeing but what does that show to new people. I have seen CT kicked and banned for far less than what nightmare did. Simple as that he screwed up and at the end of the day it's not acceptable for the number 2 Jedi.

• Disagree 2
2 minutes ago, Tyzen said:

It is not a racial slur it is a offense slur which is defined by the internet 

gook1
ɡo͞ok/
noun
NORTH AMERICANinformaloffensive

1. a foreigner, especially a person of Philippine, Korean, or Vietnamese descent.

It is informal and offensive not a racial slur.

Do you keep quoting this like this somehow matters? I am honestly flabbergasted that you look something up on the internet and it's "okay because the internet says it" like am I the only one here that realizes that stuff irl affects people in the game and the other way around? 

It is a racial slur and I can't believe you are trying to play down this because of this one definition you have found.

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

Locked, Yoda should review this.

It has nothing to do with us, he is not a commander, he is a high rank in the Jedi.

This is up to Tyzen, Problem closed. Goodbye don't bring it up again.

• 3 weeks later...