Very bad Hit Register lately

Bug Type (Server:): Server Latency(Weapons and Hit Register category)

Severity level (Low - Medium - High): Id say this is pretty High

Evidence (if you can): The following youtube video was made.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QijsLq9n8

Description of the bug: Now I want to make it clear a few things. 1. The server was very laggy at the time of this recording, we suspect someone was using a shield and causing whatever problem it causes. 2. I think people are somewhat to mostly aware of this issue but i checked the forums for any recent threads relating to Hit Register and it not working half the time, and i did not see any.

Now despite server latency being what it was with 105 pop at the time of recording, hits and bullets and so on should still be able to register even with the current specs we are running. I am well aware this is a very old ass game what with the engine being the way it is, but i have legitimately never seen it this bad before on any server, even the ones hosted on a fucking potato(slight exaggeration). Anyways, I hope the above footage gives the dev team some idea on how to fix the problem, because if even shotguns aren't registering on point blank shots...i think theres a problem.

How can we recreate it:

Watch the video, spawn droids and count how many shots actually hit, look at health of droid vs how much damage you are supposed to do and cross reference.

Edited by Maverick

spacer.png

100% skill issue.

On another note, crawler zombies have terrible hitboxes and always had awful hitboxes. Combine that with a bunch of lag and frame drops. This is going to happen.

TL;DR You're bad get gud.

• Dumb 1