Weapon damage (CWRP)

• Director
Director

Bug Type (Server:): Weapon damage (CWRP)

Severity level (Low - Medium - High): Mid

Evidence (if you can):  

Description of the bug: Most if not all perma weapons does not realign with their damage output.

How can we recreate it: 
Step One: Take a weapon that is permanent example ( rw_sw_a280cfe ) this is the one we used in the video but with further testing it is like that for other perma weapons aswell

Step Two: Shoot someone with the perma weapon

Step Three: Check the console

Solution for some:  Update the weapon so it's correct with the damage it says in the C Menu.

• Informative 1

Can confirm that some of the guns are not corresponding with their assigned "c" section/menu.

The A280CFE for example states 215hp but was not exceeding 160hp even at 0 meters.

+1

• Agree 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

Veteran Admin

A little upset I'm spending credits for guns that aren't doing the specified damage output. 

+1

• Agree 1

As far as i know this is a Gmod problem, not our servers. 

Buffing the damage would only cause the same issue. Afaik i don't think this is fixable from what Xaze and other devs have mentioned. 

If they lowered the damage to match console, then it would do even less damage. 

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Veteran Admin
4 hours ago, Mystic said:

As far as i know this is a Gmod problem, not our servers. 

Buffing the damage would only cause the same issue. Afaik i don't think this is fixable from what Xaze and other devs have mentioned. 

If they lowered the damage to match console, then it would do even less damage. 

I'm just saying I just "wasted" 5 mil on the A280 for it to do 10ish more damage than my DC-15x. I'm upset because if I knew this information prior I wouldn't have spent it on the gun but for renown for my BH. Its just kinda misleading is all.

Also if scaling it up is a problem, then a solution might be to scale them up to what they say now so the people that have already bought them dont feel like they were ripped off , then post the average on a forum or doc somewhere so later people can see them and make decisions on a accurate plane.

Edited by Hysterical
Head Admin

+1, either update the weapon information when you hit C or set it to the actual damage so it reflects it.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Head Admin

Upon further investigation with Hysterical and Guy, it seems there is more to this issue. 

When testing the A20-CFE, the weapon is doing roughly 150-170 damage per shot on the male model for jedi and the GC ARF model. HOWEVER, when Guy(Butler Swan) swapped to their female jedi model, the damaged doubled. This can most likely be recreated. 

+1 and needs further investigation. 

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

• Founder
Founder

Not a bug. The C - Menu display shows the true damage of weapons before Damage Resistance of models and various Garry's Mod calculations come into play. All weapons have been scaled on a DPS chart. Tier 1 is 5% stronger than the base DC-15A. Tier 2 is 10% stronger, etc. If we were to increase damage for certain permanent weapons, we'd have to adjust it on all weapons because of our scaling to ensure balancing.

Side note: There are certain models with combine hit boxes (They take 25-50% less damage to certain parts but 200% extra damage to their heads). We are aware of this and plan to adjust them as time goes on.

• Informative 3
7 hours ago, Hysterical said:

I'm just saying I just "wasted" 5 mil on the A280 for it to do 10ish more damage than my DC-15x. I'm upset because if I knew this information prior I wouldn't have spent it on the gun but for renown for my BH. Its just kinda misleading is all.

Also if scaling it up is a problem, then a solution might be to scale them up to what they say now so the people that have already bought them dont feel like they were ripped off , then post the average on a forum or doc somewhere so later people can see them and make decisions on a accurate plane.

For future reference you can contact any Admin+ to do a weapon test for you. They'll spawn it for you before you buy it and you can go over the weapon in its fullest. 

Gonna stop responding to keep this thread relevant to the bug report. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Coordinator
Coordinator

This issue has been marked as resolved and therefore has been resolved on server or is unresolvable.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO RESOLVED REPORTS