Allow The Bounty Hunter NPC To Reward Renown

Keo

Name: Keo

RP Rank: CSM

Suggestion: In the new quest system (for BH only quests), add renown as a reward in addition to credits.  (See below for how this could easily be done)

Implementation:

How could this be accomplished?

The dev team can make a hidden counter on the server just like how credits work. The renown counter cannot be seen unless the player is talking to the BH npc in which case the player's renown will be displayed to them (this can be shown another way if needed). Once the quest is completed, the renown counter increases by the amount indicated on the quest, ex: +5 renown.

Would this replace or ruin the current BH system?

No, it would not. The renown can still be stored how it currently is. How this new feature could work is that there will be an option in game for a player to reset their renown back to 0 through the npc. When the player wants the guild to put their renown on the docs, the player simply contacts a guild officer or above to transfer their renown to the documents. Once the guild officer has logged the renown to the current system, the player can then reset their ingame renown to 0 and show the guild officer a screenshot or such as proof.

How difficult or complicated would this be to implement?

From my personal programming experience, this suggestion would be extremely simple to implement. This is definitely one of the easiest suggestions to implement compared to the many others that can require intensive testing. All this requires is a few lines of code to manipulate a variable. Any devs reading this can feel free to tell me I'm wrong if needed.

Why would we do this?

I see this as beneficial with no problems arising from this addition. This can make BH more attractive to play as due to the simplicity of getting renown this way. This would also utilize the quest system more and promote gameplay on the server.

Lore: None 

Workshop content if applicable: This would require development.

The quest system can chain long quests that require completion of previous quests to progress. Maybe at the end you could receive a token that could be redeemed for something in the guild, but renown is closely controlled, so that may not be a good choice as a reward.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Maddoxx said:

Renown is controlled by the Guild, so no. 

The quests would be created and then the guild could say how much renown they think the quest should be worth. It's the same concept as how the bounties currently work. It's no different.

2 hours ago, Maddoxx said:

We use rewards that are exclusively controlled by community leadership. 

If you are talking about guild rewards, this post has nothing to do with that. I'm simply saying quests from the BH npc should award renown towards the guild.

If it is tweaked to instead of having an in game renown counter to just saying on the quest “+5 renown” for you to show a marshal then I could see this working but that requires management to work with LT+ to make each quest a certain amount. I don’t know how willing they are to work with each other on each individual quest but it could be done. The whole counter thing in game is unnecessary in my opinion. Doubt this will get accepted but I think with the quest system BH bounties are kind of useless but I still think the renown system is necessary

🌓🌙

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.