Boris's GM application

BForBoris

Name: Boris/Fives

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:145157473

Current Staff Rank: Admin

Are you Currently a GH?: Yes

How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: | 501st TC ARCL 1SG Fives has played for 150:53:26.

From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 8

Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: Yes

Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: Because i love helping with events and helping people enjoy this server and i like to give people something to do when there's nothing going on 

Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team?: More challenging events and more air combat definitely 

Place the links below of at least 2 Events you have either been GM for or you plan on hosting: 

Link us to 2 documents. One that is a deployment for the event server and one for a main server event. These will likely be the first events you do as a GM.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o7BPxyZoarAKcelYotVLTgq8lUi0d4oTf5Efg1pIQ6k/edit?usp=sharing My event Server Event
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GUC847YUuofeLNmclTAKDHbSAKQFo1b3TUausrs_cYw/edit?usp=sharing My Main Server Event

Edited by BForBoris

Current Vaughn Ex. Fives

You documents are not very fleshed out at all. The way I like to think about it is write the docs so someone else could basically copy you event and run it themselves without you having to give them any tips or pointers. Big things I'd include are map string, event jobs, general NPC stats (This is geo, so specify they're geo b1's or difficulty you want the event to be). I like the pictures but they leave it to vague to know where to go or what to do really. Go ahead and beef these docs up a bit and when you're done @ me and i'll vote then!

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thank you for the feedback I’ve never really filled out a document for my events before I do them because I’m better at just going off of how people react to stuff than fully planning but I will definitely go more in depth with an edit to my event ideas and let you know I appreciate the help.

• Informative 1

Current Vaughn Ex. Fives

1 hour ago, BForBoris said:

Thank you for the feedback I’ve never really filled out a document for my events before I do them because I’m better at just going off of how people react to stuff than fully planning but I will definitely go more in depth with an edit to my event ideas and let you know I appreciate the help.

Its definitly a different way to look at it. If you want more tips or suggestions reach out to me in TS i'd love to help you out!

spacer.pngspacer.png

-1 I think you could use more experience as Game Helper hosting more of your own events/encounters before becoming a Game Master. Push for more people to rate your AARs too, several of yours have no rating so it’s impossible for people who weren’t there to know if it was good or bad. I know it can be difficult with just adverting but just cycling through TS and dropping the link in there can get it rated too.

I also think your documents here could use a lot of work and more detail, look at some of the accepted applications for inspiration for that. Especially if you are using event jobs and other staff helpers it is really useful to them to have a document to read over so they know the basics and a general plan, even if the plan may change a lot based on what players do. 

I’ve also had difficulties with you regarding kinda just doing your own thing during sims and such: Example being during sims I hosted where you started just spawning droids on top of people or just physgunning people around into the droids. Another example is spawning yourself guns during the SIM wanting to blow up the winner after I told you no, it took a lot of me saying no for you to not do it. These are during things that you were just a participant for, and not the staff taking the ticket: the first example ruined my  training and made a few people get off, and the second was nearly RDM. 

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Keegan I appreciate the feedback and I have fixed one form and I am going to fix the other

For your bottom paragraph, I have never once hosted a sim for you where I have spawned droids. I only recently became admin along with the ability to spawn droids. Now when it is late and RC or my own battalion want to do a sim, I will physgun them around while they talk and laugh in TeamSpeak, which is not negatively affecting anyone and actually making the whole situation more enjoyable. The spawning weapons part is due to the fact that I had some spare time while waiting for the next round to start, so I was spawning weapons to check the damage before I bought one. There was a veteran admin present while all this was happening. I just wanted to clarify that some of the stuff you mentioned was taken out of proportion since I did not make anyone leave and I was only physically gunning people in your Sim since you told them to get out of the water, but they kept jumping in, so I pulled them out. My point is not to be angry at you. I appreciate both positive and negative feedback because it is very helpful to me, but a few things were just over exaggerated.

Edited by BForBoris
  • Disagree 1

Current Vaughn Ex. Fives

7 minutes ago, BForBoris said:

Keegan I appreciate the feedback and I have fixed one form and I am going to fix the other

But for your bottom paragraph I have never once hosted a sim for you where I have spawned droids I just recently got admin along with the ability to spawn droids now when it is late and RC or my own battalion want to do a sim and I physgun them around while were all talking and laughing in TeamSpeak which is not negatively affecting anyone and was actually making the whole situation very entertaining now for the spawning weapons part is because I had some spare time waiting for you to start the next round so I was spawning weapons to look at the damage and while all this is happening there was a veteran admin present I am not trying to argue or start any trouble but I just wanted to clarify that some of the stuff you said was taken out of proportion as I did not make anyone leave and I was only Phys gunning people in your sim bc you told them to get out of the water and they kept jumping in so I pulled them out I am not saying any of this in an angry way i appreciate positive and negative feedback because it helps me a lot but some things were just over exaggerated.

My punctuation is non existent.

The physgunning and spawning was a different simulation than the water one that you participated in. I'm not going to argue it as this is not the place for that, but that is my experience.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Updating to a +1. I worked with Boris to update his docs and I loved the amount of effort he put into them to get them looking better. This is a man that will take the feedback of others tk heart which is huge for a game master. Good luck. 

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png