Arexo GM Application

Steve

Name: Arexo
SteamID:STEAM_0:0:478940849
Current Staff Rank: Admin
Are you Currently a GH?: Yes
How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: 520:20:03
From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 7/10 (I am currently watching the cartoon so I am learning)
Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: I understand

Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: Well, first so I will be able to host events by myself and won't wait for the second GH or gm to come. The second is to become SA+ reason for that is because our server has a few problems with SA they either AFK or doing something important. I want to fix all this by becoming a gm.
Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team
?: BE ACTIVE!!!! it's really annoying then Na or A have to wait for a long time just for SA to help! It's really annoying 
Link us to a document for a deployment (event server) that you will execute as a gamemaster: English is not my first language so sorry for my grammar, I tried my best.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15MXImCVy8fXT_QFlmlsHx3hES7qLMe4yHPaygQuFGsw/edit?usp=sharing

Place the links below of at least 2 Events you have been the GM for (Optional):

Your app looks good. I just got some questions before I rate it. 
First off all, what would you do when you don't get the amount of event jobs that you want?
Secondly, what would you do if they don't hack the droids who are driving the barcs? (chapter 2 of the document)
Thirdly, 15-20 minutes for a deployment is really short. I would recommend timing this later during the event depending on how fast the players go through it. This way you make it possible for them to get the good ending.
Lastly. Have you thought of making this a 2 story event when they get the bad ending? You could make it so that need to follow havoc squad and save them during a different deployment.

Edit:
I just read your answers. Your plan is well thought out. And your idea is good.
+1 from me

Tip:
When I started hosting my first event I started doing one for my own battalion. I told them that it would be my first event and I got some helpers to help me host this small deployment. While everyone had fun and it was a decent deployment it was great way to for me to learn. Since you are new to hosting deployments it could be nice to host smaller ones in the beginning. This way it is easier to control the troops who are deployed.

Edited by Eagle
Answered my questions

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

Your app looks good. I just got some questions before I rate it. 
First off all, what would you do when you don't get the amount of event jobs that you want?
Secondly, what would you do if they don't hack the droids who are driving the barcs? (chapter 2 of the document)
Thirdly, 15-20 minutes for a deployment is really short. I would recommend timing this later during the event depending on how fast the players go through it. This way you make it possible for them to get the good ending.
Lastly. Have you thought of making this a 2 story event when they get the bad ending? You could make it so that need to follow havoc squad and save them during a different deployment.

Okay answering first question, I will first get the amount of event jobs I need, before starting the event itself (about 1 hour before deployment) I would use discord and just ping GH and GM to help. Answering second, I usually have plan B, I would do something like Droid break and reveal all info. I would also change droid name to Informative CIS Droid. Also, I would tell them at the beginning as an admiral that they will have to find ANY information possible and try to hack some CIS Droids. Then I will sometimes remind them about hacking right before they face droids, Third 15-20 minutes IS NOT deployment time, they will have any amount of time they need but right after they find Tiplar and she tell them everything I will start the timer. 20 minutes prob. CIS Building wont be to far away so they will have enough time to rescue HS. On last question, I think it's good idea. But because we have ZERO (Current Brimstone) It will be pretty hard to do. I just try to come up with something, I asked many people to give me an idea and then I wrote this deployment. To be honest I never HOSTED the deployment so I will have to learn

Just now, Steve said:

Okay answering first question, I will first get the amount of event jobs I need, before starting the event itself (about 1 hour before deployment) I would use discord and just ping GH and GM to help. Answering second, I usually have plan B, I would do something like Droid break and reveal all info. I would also change droid name to Informative CIS Droid. Also, I would tell them at the beginning as an admiral that they will have to find ANY information possible and try to hack some CIS Droids. Then I will sometimes remind them about hacking right before they face droids, Third 15-20 minutes IS NOT deployment time, they will have any amount of time they need but right after they find Tiplar and she tell them everything I will start the timer. 20 minutes prob. CIS Building wont be to far away so they will have enough time to rescue HS. On last question, I think it's good idea. But because we have ZERO (Current Brimstone) It will be pretty hard to do. I just try to come up with something, I asked many people to give me an idea and then I wrote this deployment. To be honest I never HOSTED the deployment so I will have to learn

Forgot to mention that Info will be pretty easy to get then 20 minute timer will start

• Informative 2

-1 While I do think your events could majorly improve if you were an SA, some of your events are completely lacking of any organization and its clear to the while server. You do have great potential and with a little more time and maybe some more game helps of some deployments I think you could make some great events in the future.

• Dumb 1

🌓🌙

-1 for now, however this document could be improved and that could potentially change my vote. Big things that could be changed/added are:

• Health of Event jobs (if standard health just include that).
  • Lay out the map better, i don't know where the battalions are starting, or where they are heading on this map, including more stuff on that could give me a better sense of how this event is meant to progress. Do they start outside the city or at the space port?
  • Try and get more EJ's. 2 citizens in this whole city will make it feel so small. I know not possible but you could try.
  • For the information gathering, you have two citizen event jobs for information. Include other ways and diversify these positions. Have your event jobs play multible characters, include some terminals for them to hack, don't make it so "you must talk to this one guy and he'll drop all the info on you". Give them more of a chance to explore and feel like its not just bieng handed to them.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, your application to become a Game Master has been DENIED.

You are allowed to reapply after 2 WEEKS from this date.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO GAME MASTER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...