Sword and Shield Formation

Legacy

Name: Legacy/Warlord

RP Rank: PO3

Suggestion: Sword and shield formation

Implementation: we have a strategy in combat that usually goes down like so: Blaster wielders shoot at us, Jedi get in front, the DU and DS get the shields out: bingo bango bongo we go in and get out. What if that became a standard battle formation? We use it constantly but don't have a name for it, why not create a new formation called Sword and Shield? Basically it would consist of DU and DS holding their shields out in a shield wall, then the gaps that are unfilled can get filled in by jedi deflecting the bolts. All other troops can gather behind in a large line to return fire safely behind a wall of mobile cover. 

heres a demonstration using - as the shield | as the sword and V as the troopers

|--|--|--|
VVVVVV

Lore: Who wouldnt sit behind jedi and shield users in combat

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

EDIT: The points made in the comments are true and fair, the suggestion is now NULL. 

Edited by Legacy
Great comments and discussion that simply solved the suggestion.
  • Confused 1
Forum Admin

So, the suggestion itself is to make this an official formation on the server?

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Name: Legacy/Warlord

RP Rank: PO3

Suggestion: Sword and shield formation

Implementation: we have a strategy in combat that usually goes down like so: Blaster wielders shoot at us, Jedi get in front, the DU and DS get the shields out: bingo bango bongo we go in and get out. What if that became a standard battle formation? We use it constantly but don't have a name for it, why not create a new formation called Sword and Shield? Basically it would consist of DU and DS holding their shields out in a shield wall, then the gaps that are unfilled can get filled in by jedi deflecting the bolts. All other troops can gather behind in a large line to return fire safely behind a wall of mobile cover. 

heres a demonstration using - as the shield | as the sword and V as the troopers

|--|--|--|
VVVVVV

Lore: Who wouldnt sit behind jedi and shield users in combat

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

So 1, what is the point of this do you want this in the cc room or what?

2. if you dont want it in the cc room this is something that most people already do? Its standard practice with DU idk about DS.

3. Any suggestions regarding shields has to consult DU as we have the final say on anything shields on the server. I was not approached at all about this.

4. If this is something you want in the cc room its kind of dumb and not needed it just happens normally. -1

• Agree 3

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

7 minutes ago, Dennis said:

So 1, what is the point of this do you want this in the cc room or what?

2. if you dont want it in the cc room this is something that most people already do? Its standard practice with DU idk about DS.

3. Any suggestions regarding shields has to consult DU as we have the final say on anything shields on the server. I was not approached at all about this.

4. If this is something you want in the cc room its kind of dumb and not needed it just happens normally. -1

1 Nah doesnt need to be in CC room, just trained through experience
2 I want it to become common knowledge so people follow through with it and arent guessing during combat, many events I see DU and Jedi do it, sometimes DS, but the troopers dont take advantage of the cover always
3 Im at work, I dont have the ability to be on TS all the time and this was the easiest method to shoot the suggestion, and you saw it anyway so it still worked, also, I rarely see enough DU on to consult with when I do have the ability to come online, different time zones/available times
4 I want this to be a formation people know and practice quicker in combat, we do it normally, but it is usually a scattered mess, and it would be great to see it cleaned up and not be 7 troops behind the same dude. People see the shields and go "okay thats the DU's shield, when honestly they should walk up to the trooper stand behind with an audible "On your six *name*" and then assist firing. This is standard for DU, but not so much the rest of the server to follow up with. 

33 minutes ago, Voidio said:

I think the better method would be to approach the battalions this would strongly apply to and discuss it with them. I personally don't see it being used on the server, as formations are rarely used. 

Formations are rarely used, but this would be a combat only nonstandard formation that wouldnt be on the CC room, instead something batts can cross train with eachother for so they can be properly prepared when the time does come and there is need for it arises, as we use this already in combat, this would just make it so people remember how to react when they see shields and sabers leading the front

37 minutes ago, Naffen said:

So, the suggestion itself is to make this an official formation on the server?

Nonstandardized cross batt formation that isnt needed on the CC board, I just wanna see more troopers react the right way when shields and sabers lead the fight, most will hide behind a rock still

-1, not only is this not very useful but it's not even a server suggestion

If you really dead on about getting whatever scheme this is added, talk to DU cause you clearly don't want it implemented on some sort of official server level

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

38 minutes ago, Legacy said:

3 Im at work, I dont have the ability to be on TS all the time and this was the easiest method to shoot the suggestion, and you saw it anyway so it still worked, also, I rarely see enough DU on to consult with when I do have the ability to come online, different time zones/available times
4 I want this to be a formation people know and practice quicker in combat, we do it normally, but it is usually a scattered mess, and it would be great to see it cleaned up and not be 7 troops behind the same dude. People see the shields and go "okay thats the DU's shield, when honestly they should walk up to the trooper stand behind with an audible "On your six *name*" and then assist firing. This is standard for DU, but not so much the rest of the server to follow up with. 

Okay so two things. 1. this ain't the way to approach this for any matter that you'd go to battalion leadership. If they're not on at the same time as you, try sending them a message on discord or something else. Never just presume to make a suggestion thinking the leadership will see it later.

2.  You're asking to add a formation on a server. A very situational formation. Not all battalions work with shields (or shield users) constantly and only 2 battalions have consistent access to a shield. Besides that, afaik the "mobile shield wall" thing doesn't really work because the shields aren't very good at blocking from angles (It has been a minute since I used once so feel free to correct me on this). What you're suggesting is something we already do with jedi but even that isn't flawless as blaster shots can fly past them and hit the person behind them.

Edited by CastleClone

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

5 minutes ago, CastleClone said:

Okay so two things. 1. this ain't the way to approach this for any matter that you'd go to battalion leadership. If they're not on at the same time as you, try sending them a message on discord or something else. Never just presume to make a suggestion thinking the leadership will see it later.

2.  You're asking to add a formation on a server. A very situational formation. Not all battalions work with shields (or shield users) constantly and only 2 battalions have consistent access to a shield. Besides that, afaik the "mobile shield wall" thing doesn't really work because the shields aren't very good at blocking from angles (It has been a minute since I used once so feel free to correct me on this). What you're suggesting is something we already do with jedi but even that isn't flawless as blaster shots can fly past them and hit the person behind them.

Yes, but this doesnt just involve one battalion, this is for the server to know. How am i stepping on toes when its for the whole server? Sure it needs DU, DS, and Jedi to complete, but this is all stuff they do already, this post was for the troopers to look at and understand what theyre seeing when a ton of jedi and shields are in front of them. 

3 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Sure it needs DU, DS, and Jedi to complete, but this is all stuff they do already.

There's your answer. It's the same as saying "use cover to avoid fire". Obviously, people will move behind an object or person if they think it'll give them an advantage.

4 minutes ago, Legacy said:

this post was for the troopers to look at and understand what theyre seeing when a ton of jedi and shields are in front of them. 

That's not the point of a suggestion post.

4 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Yes, but this doesnt just involve one battalion

It involves 1 more than most. But the point is you're asking for something to become standardized when it barely affects most of us and as you said already, people are already doing on their own initiative. 

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

3 minutes ago, CastleClone said:

There's your answer. It's the same as saying "use cover to avoid fire". Obviously, people will move behind an object or person if they think it'll give them an advantage.

That's not the point of a suggestion post.

It involves 1 more than most. But the point is you're asking for something to become standardized when it barely affects most of us and as you said already, people are already doing on their own initiative. 

Fair points. Suggestion null.

Forum Admin

This suggestion has been VOIDED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums