Question....for those in other countries.

Cubby

So in other Countries, Would the subject of "English" be called their national language? So in France would "English" be referred to as their "French". So like instead of English Language Arts, would it be French Language Arts? This could be applied to any language/country.

18 hours ago, Cubby said:

So in other Countries, Would the subject of "English" be called their national language? So in France would "English" be referred to as their "French". So like instead of English Language Arts, would it be French Language Arts? This could be applied to any language/country.

I havent taken ELA since 7th grade wow. But no English is practically the language of the world for business and anything out of their home country, while they most likely would take a class for their national language. Most countries have students learn English at a young age now depending on the country the outcomes are different. It is much easier for someone from say Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Germany to learn English as they are all Germanic languages, compared to someone from say Japan as the languages alphabets and shared words and prefixes matter a lot. That's why here on synergy people like Claw, Trad, Omalic, Nissan and others speak English very well even though it isn't there first language, this also has to do with how they teach the language in general. 

TLDR: almost every country has an ELA or English course that people have to take.

Edited by justuscloud5

[Denmark]

we have english from 1. Grade all the way to university

we also chose between German or French in 3. Grade, and then we can pick Chinese in 9. Grade

We also have Danish from 1. Grade

Edited by Life-
  • Management
Management

We speak Galactic Basic I thought?

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk