Removing Permanent Blacklisting

Logic

Name: Logic

RP Rank: Padawan | SGT

Suggestion: Remove Permanent blacklisting from all groups on the server

Implementation: So this is a suggestion that 2 years ago I would've shot -1'd in a heartbeat, however my opinion has changed. My reasoning for this suggestion is that people change over time, and if someone is still playing after so many months, they probably have changed in some way. I don't believe it is fair to permanently blacklist anyone from any group on the server over something they did a really long time ago, because odds are, that person has changed. And with this suggestion I can already see people forming loopholes to get past this by blacklisting someone for 32 years, so I would also like to propose a cap of 3 months. Which is a substantial amount of time, and blacklists can always be refreshed if the person continues to break the same rules. (NOTE: I am not saying you can refresh the blacklist for the same offense, basically double jeopardy)

This also gives a chance to those who are coming back because new founders did a mass unbanning to have a truly fair chance to integrate into the community, rather than be treated like dirt for something they did to get banned in the past.

Lore: Just some human decency

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

• Disagree 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

-1. Some people genuinely deserve those blacklists, and having to refresh a blacklist every 3 months for a person who deserves it is way more trouble than they're worth. They can always attempt to appeal their blacklist with the battalion/squad leadership if they truly care, and most of the time the leadership will give them a chance provided they haven't been seen causing the same issues that got them a blacklist in the first place. This change wouldn't benefit all that many people and it would just be a whole lot of micromanaging, which the server doesn't really need.

• Agree 1

hi.

Just now, Fyi said:

-1. Some people genuinely deserve those blacklists, and having to refresh a blacklist every 3 months for a person who deserves it is way more trouble than they're worth. They can always attempt to appeal their blacklist with the battalion/squad leadership if they truly care, and most of the time the leadership will give them a chance provided they haven't been seen causing the same issues that got them a blacklist in the first place. This change wouldn't benefit all that many people and it would just be a whole lot of micromanaging, which the server doesn't really need.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Forum Admin

-1. A lot of people genuinely deserve a permanent blacklist from specified battalions or regiments because of the shit they did. 

Most blacklists (even if it says permanent) are appealable and aren't truly permanent (minor cases don't apply). 

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

This is clearly a very personal issue that you're blowing out of proportion because you were told you were still blacklisted from some battalions/regiments on the server. You can easily get a permanent blacklist removed by actually communicating with the Command Structure and going through the necessary steps, as well as genuinely having a sense of self-awareness.

The server doesn't need to get themselves together here, you do. Realize this and grow from it.

• Agree 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

1 minute ago, Fyi said:

You missed my point, it can't be refreshed for the same action. 

Lets say on April 17th I RDM'd the BCMD. resuilting in a 3 month black list. 
When that Three months is up, they cannot blacklist me again for what I did on April 17th.
Its not micromanaging because most people who end up blacklisted from a battalion never actually go back, if they do, they deserve a fair chance, this suggestion says nothing about it being against the rules to put someone on probation within the battalion if they do join back. 

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

1 minute ago, Logicless said:

When that Three months is up, they cannot blacklist me again for what I did on April 17th.
Its not micromanaging because most people who end up blacklisted from a battalion never actually go back, if they do, they deserve a fair chance, this suggestion says nothing about it being against the rules to put someone on probation within the battalion if they do join back. 

If you RDMed a BCMD you deserve ti get a perma blacklist 

-1 this suggest is stupid most people who get blacklisted, get blacklisted for mostly good reasons. 

• Disagree 1

ICEFUSE: SHOCK XO/BCMD Thorn | 327th XO

SYNERGY: 41ST CMD/ARCL/GCL x3 | Former BCMD Gree

Just now, Logicless said:

It's up to the people in charge of battalions to make those decisions. If we didn't trust them to make good, unbiased calls on blacklists, then they wouldn't be BCMDs. I get the point that you're trying to make, but people on the server despise being limited by rules.

hi.

I'm gonna be as honest and as polite as possible, regardless of your inappropiate behavior towards myself and SO BDE as a whole.

Your actions still effect those even if it was 2 years ago. We don't possibly know you have improved yourself as a whole and your behavior in front of my tryouts were a great example to that. I've literally DMed you saying we can discuss about your blacklist and you still attempted to pull something like this regardless.

-1. I'm sorry, but this behavior is exactly what got you blacklisted 2 years ago and why it's still the same now. Good luck though if it gets approved. :)

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

3 minutes ago, Pythin said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/niq9fGhX2RKWxsdf7

you are doing this cause you’re  mad lol. Maybe if you don’t act like that, and kinda rn, then you wouldn’t be Perma BL. :EZ:

Just now, Grief said:

41st and rancor did too. Logic was also complaining in ooc about getting blacklisted too 

https://gyazo.com/12b11dd4e5609ed4187e222c4f51d597

2 minutes ago, Marvel said:

spacer.png

Yeah no. You only made this because SOBDE decided to keep your blacklist because you have hardly changed since your ban. You've made subtle and sly remarks in OOC and on the Forums towards SOBDE and continue to act in the childish behavior that resulted in your original blacklist and ban. This suggestion only serves your agenda.

For a suggestion like this, take the suggestion at face value instead of looking at the person behind the suggestion. We don't need to start an argument for no reason.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

hi.

2 minutes ago, Fyi said:

For a suggestion like this, take the suggestion at face value instead of looking at the person behind the suggestion. We don't need to start an argument for no reason.

There's a difference between actually putting up a suggestion and doing it out of emotion. 

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

4 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

There's a difference between actually putting up a suggestion and doing it out of emotion. 

And this is a true suggestion. If it was emotion it would contain alot of caps and expletive's because I've had a rather shitty day with this situation, Not just SOBDE

Edited by Logicless
  • Confused 1

Forum Admin

Keep these responses  relevant to the suggestion please. No need to heat this up. 

• Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Confused 2

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Discussed with @Naffen in discord the situation. Appealing is a good process.

I made this suggestion with good intentions for change on the server, to make it more welcoming. To be fully honest, I didn't realize every battalion had an appeal process. 

Void

• Funny 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1

Banned

Perma blacklists are there for a reason, if you mess up face the consequences and work towards reconciliation with the reg/batt you are blacklisted from. This suggestion is logicless.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Optimistic 1

Short answer: Aw hell naw -1

Longish answer: Blacklists are a great method for tracking people and putting a red flag over someones name any black list can be appealed at any time and be revoked at any point also but that is the kind of thing that falls to the digression of a factions/battalions command structure theres plenty of people have permentaly blackisted in my time in command for good reason and they are left as standing until the person who is blacklisted wishes to appeal it from a future command and its that commands then choic to deal with it approve or deny it. Also battalions often regulate and update blacklists frequently anyway the best examples probably being sobde because of their tryout systems.

voided the suggestion before I could make my input... whatever

Just wanted to say that most perma BLs were already wiped by battalions after the ban wipe but some were reinstated if they felt it was needed so this case doesn't really apply to most people on the server atm.

Edited by Eclipse

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.
If the same suggestion is submitted again within
60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

hi.