Experimentals.

youngfatherless

Event Idea by: Crimson
Link to the original idea: https://docs.google.com/document/d/105Ag5WDbi-LyXjMuBtkITt74zA8S-hWw3I_2bQnOfMk/edit?usp=sharing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AAR Template

Name: Young | Fixer

Who helped (If applicable): Baron Crimson Marshh Marvel

Event Name: Operation: Experimental.

KrMCdFv.png

•  

3/10,  honestly, I rarely like to give bad ratings but I didn't enjoy this event. It was basically a shoot em up with cool ships in the sky with commando droids that wouldn't die because people were "breaking NLR." I just think it could've been thought out better and given better thought on the roleplay.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

2/10 I dont normally rate these but man that lasted way to long for a shoot em up. Droids with unlimited health targeting specific players. CLoaking in front of people........... including people who can see cloaks and the GM not caring about complaints he is getting and what felt like targetting the people complaining. not proffesional not fun. need to rethink this stuff next time

• Informative 1
Forum Admin

2/10

Hades sumed it up pretty well. At its best it was a storyless and quite boring at times shoot em up. At its worst it was a cloaking shitfest with multiple commandos essencially RDMing with 0 purpose. Only being blunt because i've seen your events and they are prestine... most of the time. This was just a miss bro.

As stated in the GM rule doc.

Event Jobs should be used to advance the plot / story of your event, not as mindless killing machines to rack up large numbers of kills.

Edited by Guac
  • Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

3/10 I did not have much fun in this event at all. AI had too much health in my opinion. Event jobs had way too much health, way too many powerful weapons (Rocket launcher, shotgun, sniper AND a cloaking device), and there wasn't any RP it was just a shoot'em up. To make this better, please reduce what the event jobs get, they should not have all those amazing guns, a cloaking device and a ton of health. They were so unfun to play against that if they weren't there entirely I probably would have given this a 7 instead. Not to mention issues of them cloaking in front of us . Their health and weapons on the other hand was so much that it was virtually impossible to kill them without RC shotguns. That alone is enough to make a terrible experience on the server.

• Agree 1

3/10

Unlike the others above I always rate events to try and help Game Masters improve upon their event building and understanding of events. Unfortunately this event had some major issues that resulted in myself and most people I interacted with not enjoying the event. 

One of the primary problems was health and quantity of NPCs. As a Jedi, there was pretty much nothing I could do other than reflect some shots back and then immediately run for cover having had my stamina bar drained. I heard some troopers say that it was taking 3 Cycler shots or 5+ IQA shots to kill one NPC. Quite frankly ridiculous considering the Game Master rules for B1 NPCs (300 HP) and the B1s in the show going down in one shot from a DC15A, let alone a large sniper rifle or lightsaber.

Another big issue was with the event jobs. Their loadout, their health, and their apparent lack of purpose. Everyone helping with the event are people I trust to deliver a fair challenge to the players on the server. Unfortunately, their loadouts and health were just.. ridiculous. Shotguns, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, AND a cloaking device is overkill and made it almost impossible for large groups of clones and Jedi to do anything against the Commando Droids. Particularly since the cloaking device was employed when there were no RC or SO active to counter them. It turned into a cat and mouse where commandos would appear, kill several troopers, and then vanish and be impossible to find till they appeared again. This wouldn't have been an issue if they went in to sabotage GR, or download data from BCC, but they just roamed and killed for the duration of the event and there was little that could be done to stop them.

The advice that I would give is to be far more conservative with loadouts, ensure that the players have a counter to the jobs you are using, and remember that there's a fine balance to an event. People enjoy a challenge, they enjoy being pushed back, but ultimately nobody wants to sit around for an hour left clicking on NPCs and praying a Commando doesn't uncloak behind them and instantly end their life. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

2/10

So the event was kinda entertaining at most. But everything else was done poorly. Droids had too much HP, the EJ's were basically cloaking and shooting and we played wild goose chase with them for 30 minutes which was really boring. Then after the initial fighting stopped in CY it was kinda stale and bland and half the server knew what was kinda going on. I always appreciate events but please take in too account all the critics. 

• Agree 1

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur