The GM Team - Yuuzhan Vong

These are required for all events.

You may log any fellow Game Master in your "Who Helped" section, including but not limited to ideas, spawning NPCs & even being an event job.

You must name the thread "(Your name)'s - (Event Name)"

If you used an idea from the  event idea section, please credit the original creator in the AAR

Event Idea by: 
Link to the original idea:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Craig

Who helped (If applicable): Qal, kurt, enzyme, kojak, bruise, reaper,  Fizzik

Event Name: - Yuuzhan Vong

Event Idea by: The GM Team
Link to the original idea: N/A 

Summary : The - Yuuzhan Vong attacked an  outpost on hoth, to get the republic forces away from redwood. They  used their attacks to see the republics plans and steps taken in battle, in order to one day come back and conquer.

The republic had to Defend fob
> had a mechanized deployment to ES to Kashyyyk to gather supplies, vehicles, and weapons.

> had a Specialized SO BDE and operations deployment to  find a scientist who studied the  Yuuzhan Vong.

> attack formulated a plan  to spear head an assault to take back redwood.

> republic won  and took back the base as well as outposts, killed the general and destroyed the  capital ship.

- we didnt get to do a jedi deployment as hoped as well as we didnt get to do alot of what we wanted to due to people crashing, but we did the best that we could with what we had.

Story:  - (The storyline of the event)  

Execution:  - (Flow/Timing)

Game Mechanics - (Spawning/map utilization/Ej’s) 

Overall: [Rating] - [Reason]

Story: [Rating] - [Reason]

Execution: [Rating] - [Reason]

Game Mechanics: [Rating] - [Reason]

Edited by Craigary

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

3/4 It was a pretty good event, getting called back to FOB constantly just to be told that we are sticking up the same defensive line was a bit annoying. Otherwise I had fun.

"The day I set my flag down, it'll be over my body or over a nation I believe in."

Overall: 3/4 Minor set backs, good event in a whole though.

Story: 4/4 Good story line, made sense the whole way through

Execution: 2/4 Seemed a tad bit rushed at some points.

Game Mechanics: 4/4 uses certain areas on the map very well for the event.

The only Wrecker that embraced his largeness. 

1 hour ago, BigIron said:

3/4 It was a pretty good event, getting called back to FOB constantly just to be told that we are sticking up the same defensive line was a bit annoying. Otherwise I had fun.

Just to clarify why yinz were constantly being pulled back to the FOB... so those that crashed could get back in without missing to mich, as well as to try and let the server it self recover a little bit in between the spawning.

It wasn't to make yinz run around the entire time, but to try and keep it as smooth as possible. 

And ty for your feedback.

• Winner 1

Overall: 2/4: The map we are using at the moment is not stable.The event idea was great and everything but the lag/crashes made the whole experience not so fun.I am 501st and we had huge number at the start,when the part of defending the FOB for an hour or so was getting very boring and tiresome,half the 501st left because of that.Then the Attack regiment we're asked to come up with a plan,witch 2ndLT Taz from the 501st came up with the plan.The plan worked very well and no one even said anything about it,no recognition or anything,what was the point of that?Also at the very end when we we're trying to RP Detain that "Sith" he kind of just ignored us and Kyberslammed 10 troopers,that was kind of bs.Apart from all of those, I really enjoyed the event,my favorite part was when we we're getting pushed back into the FOB it really was a hard battle and felt like if we lost that,all hope was lost.

Story: 2/4: I like stories like this,it made for a good background to the event,but the faction that was used wasn't even suppose to be there in this "ERA" that the server plays on.

Execution: 2/4 : It felt like some parts of the event wasn't thought of and didn't take in consideration the unstable map.

Game Mechanics: 4/4 I love the FOB,the bunkers and the fact that we we're getting attacked from all sides at the same time.I love that every battalion had a little something to do,that felt really nice.

So for me the whole score would be 2.5/4.

Head Admin

Overall: [2/4] - [Execution could've been better]

Story: [3/4] - [The story was pretty good, however it made no sense lore-wise. The Yuuzhan Vong are from the imperial era. I nthe GM training we all got was clearly said to use lore to your advantage and make sure you looked through it, which to me seemed like it wasn't done]

Execution/Game Mechanics : [1/4] - [It looked put together in like 30 minutes. This was mainly for the main server. There was a small FoB, some random placed paltforms, rocks which were colored and 2 prop bunkers. I believe for next time if you're gonna pull this big of an event to build way in advance. You guys had ~1-2 days to build this and it looked kinda wacky. Then the obvious: The crashing. Now we all know the serverbox is one of the weakest on this server but with that being known you could've prepared this in a way. First all battalions got sent to the ES where it lagged horribly, then the same thing on MS. You could've started with a D1 event on main, sent half of the server to ES and have the other half evac to the old Charlie spot where the FOB was. In this situation you could brief them and have them do the defense sequence you had. And then switch everything up eventually (switching ES and MS etc).
Another thing I found very weird was the adverts "Do not push, hold positions". You could've use the big ass wall mechanics. With that I mean is block the map off all the way to the skybox with a wall with the reflective material so nothing is shown, because it made no sense for people to hold w/o a good reason in RP. AS you probably noticed that 501st went through the tunnels. An easy of blocking that was with rubble]

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander