[Discussion] Venator First Impressions

Hey guys, it's been only a few days since we got put on Cydi Venator but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Simply put, I think the map is very neat (jedi temple and Naval Wing is cool af), but I have a few gripes:

1. Lag. Somehow, this venator is more laggy than Anaxes. Don't ask how. The venators in the past, I recall (and have video evidence) did not lag this badly at all, but its at the point where I think its almost unplayable at times, especially for action-based events.

2. Skybox. I don't know if you all tried flying around the venator, but the skybox that surrounds the venator is actually very small. There's a lot of room on the bottom where you can fall into space, but anything above the venator feels very small/tight. Kind of kills any dogfighting action. 

3. Not a fault of the map, but I really wish we got a heads up before the map dropped since a lot of RPs/Dupes can't be used for Venator (E.G. ENG RP, sub-unit tryout dupes like Ghost Company/Foxtrot tryouts). Its not a big deal, but I suck at building so it's quite the pain.

Besides that, I like the map and its refreshing. What do you guys think?

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

I would have personally liked the old Venator map, where the elevator was removed on one side for the stairs. I thought that performed quite well and actually looked better.

• Agree 1

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed