Help with a decision for my birthday

Hero

Hello. It is my birthday soon, I am not really a fan of getting presents as A) I can never think of things I want and B) I don’t like spending money whether it be mine or my parents, but if I were to get something I would ask for a PC. If I had a properly working PC I could come back and play GMOD more, along with other games. But I’m heading off to college in 2 years so I don’t know if it’s worth the investment at this point. Should I get a PC?

My recommendation is a high-quality laptop. If you are a humble child then you can get something under $1000 that can suit your needs, just remember to buy a mouse to go with it.

If you want something solid, not top-tier, then I recommend this. I use something similar without the SSD and I can play everything that I normally play.

If you want to find something yourself, I recommend your minimum be a Geforce GTX1050, 6gb ram, Intel I5, and 1tb harddrive. Those specs should come up to a pretty cheap laptop. Especially if your B-day is after/around black friday, you can get some cheap shit.

I say laptop because I went to college for a year and its probably the most useful investment I ever made. I never bought anything more than ~$400 before my laptop, so when I invested ~$900 it was 100% worth. Just take care of it. Been about 2 years with this boy

I bought my laptop off of Ebay from Spain, it was £600 when new there were £1000, I'd recommend checking Ebay for one. Get one with a graphics card like him we well as decent ram and a decent processor.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

2 hours ago, Sanchez Resident said:

No seriously you wont.

Hand written notes over a laptop any day of the week.

Laptop is not a necessity only a want 

If he's gonna be an on-campus student though he needs to type those essays, and I guarantee walking over to the library and working there is a slag some days. I just liked to be able to sit in bed and bust out essays. Course, the library isn't bad at all, it can help you focus if you have a bad habit of abandoning work and going to play vidya. Self control is a big piece

• Winner 1
3 hours ago, Sanchez Resident said:

No seriously you wont.

Hand written notes over a laptop any day of the week.

Laptop is not a necessity only a want 

I do agree I went to Uni and hand written notes is all I used, my laptop was just for research in seminars and looking at my lecture presentation while I was making notes incase I fell behind.

But a bulky (gaming PCs a dummy thick and we all know it) PC can take up space is what can be cramped living condition. Especially as you have to have the tower and monitor and a laptop is all on a convenient and mobile package.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...