It's Just a Game.

• Retired Founder

Related image

I was originally going to respond to the thread "We are just one big Family" but I didn't want this message to get burried in the memes. Because I feel this is a very real topic that should be brought up. It may even help some of you out there unsure of what you're doing in life.

@ISNIFFPROPANE made a  commend about how Gmod is just a game. His exact message being "It’s Garrys Mod." Perhaps I overread this, but it got me thinking. As much as I am an ambassador to the idea of "It's Garrys Mod." I feel @KillJoy deserves a bit more credit for what he is implying in his post.

Though yes, Garrys Mod, like anything else is just a game. People are not here for the server, they are here for themselves and each other, similar to a family. I can dev the best Gmod server out there, but without a community of people to enjoy it together, the server is nothing. This community lives because of each and every single one of you guys. Toxic uncles or sweet aunts. Every single person helps create this place and the positivity or negativity it can bring to people's lives. As someone who had been around for some time, I can without hesitation guarentee, yes, Gmod is just a game to some- if not most people. But Gmod and the communities it builds can have a very very real effect on people within it as well. 

You can make some of your best friends, oppurtunites and memories through Gmod. I personally have been lucky enough to share a ton of special moments with my time within Gmod and it's community. For me, it was a great outlit when I was younger and had a hard time getting out due to sickness to make more friends. I have been able to save people's lives through Gmod, people who were in really bad spots and just needed a friend, and to know there was more out there than a game. I was able to make some good friends, such as @CBlake and partake in big parts of his life such as his situation of marrige. I've been able to travel to other countries and meet MULTIPLE friends that I still keep in contact with almost daily. People I was able to make memories with and helped me become who I am today. Friendships that have long outlasted Gmod. Garry's Mod has helped me financially in the past and present. I've been able to use money I made through my work (not your guys donation money, my old communities and odd jobs, don't worry.) to provide games to a friend when they are bummed, new hardware for their setup, birthday gifts, food, etc. I was able to use the crazy amount of hours and work I have commited to Gmod to reach my current job, a honest dream job for a company I likely would of failed to get into without some of the experience and stories I have gathered through my work within this game.

I guess what I am trying to convey, is yes. Garry's mod is just a game. But with the right attitudes, you can make this game so much more, and have this game create some very real, very good friends who you can rely on. So stop focusing about that promotion, or how a bug killed you, or - dare I say updates. Focus on the moment, focus on enjoying your time and not overlooking the moments you could be missing to try and get into someones good books. This community was built on Joahs vision, and it always will be. Though I completely love that vision, I like to think that through my time here I helped push for a secondary idea. The idea that we are in this together, and we do care. Even when we seem like we don't we are all doing our best and want the best for all of you

Anyways, I don't want this to be to long, but I hope you'll take the time to read my little rant, and hopefully through my likely typo's and errors, you got the message. This is important.

• Winner 4
  • Friendly 5

To be honest, I've been on the server almost a year now and some of the best memories I've had playing the server were OUTSIDE of the game itself. The people you meet are some of the greatest souls on the internet. When a large group of people get together to make a community is really amazing. Glad to be a part of it.

• Friendly 1

hi.

Wish people could not create Drama with each other. As well as to just enjoy their time here

• Agree 2

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

I made a lot of friends in this game and I met too many retards.  1 thing I love about gmod is the creativity, and the thing I hate about it is the small group of people who just wanna fuck up your time [you know who you are]. I always say "it's  just a game" because people are just too serious about things like promotions and their holy roleplay.  But I love having fun and chilling with the many friends I made on Gmod :) 

• Friendly 2
4 hours ago, Zim said:

I was originally going to respond to the thread "We are just one big Family" but I didn't want this message to get burried in the memes. Because I feel this is a very real topic that should be brought up. It may even help some of you out there unsure of what you're doing in life.

@ISNIFFPROPANE made a  commend about how Gmod is just a game. His exact message being "It’s Garrys Mod." Perhaps I overread this, but it got me thinking. As much as I am an ambassador to the idea of "It's Garrys Mod." I feel @KillJoy deserves a bit more credit for what he is implying in his post.

Though yes, Garrys Mod, like anything else is just a game. People are not here for the server, they are here for themselves and each other, similar to a family. I can dev the best Gmod server out there, but without a community of people to enjoy it together, the server is nothing. This community lives because of each and every single one of you guys. Toxic uncles or sweet aunts. Every single person helps create this place and the positivity or negativity it can bring to people's lives. As someone who had been around for some time, I can without hesitation guarentee, yes, Gmod is just a game to some- if not most people. But Gmod and the communities it builds can have a very very real effect on people within it as well. 

You can make some of your best friends, oppurtunites and memories through Gmod. I personally have been lucky enough to share a ton of special moments with my time within Gmod and it's community. For me, it was a great outlit when I was younger and had a hard time getting out due to sickness to make more friends. I have been able to save people's lives through Gmod, people who were in really bad spots and just needed a friend, and to know there was more out there than a game. I was able to make some good friends, such as @CBlake and partake in big parts of his life such as his situation of marrige. I've been able to travel to other countries and meet MULTIPLE friends that I still keep in contact with almost daily. People I was able to make memories with and helped me become who I am today. Friendships that have long outlasted Gmod. Garry's Mod has helped me financially in the past and present. I've been able to use money I made through my work (not your guys donation money, my old communities and odd jobs, don't worry.) to provide games to a friend when they are bummed, new hardware for their setup, birthday gifts, food, etc. I was able to use the crazy amount of hours and work I have commited to Gmod to reach my current job, a honest dream job for a company I likely would of failed to get into without some of the experience and stories I have gathered through my work within this game.

I guess what I am trying to convey, is yes. Garry's mod is just a game. But with the right attitudes, you can make this game so much more, and have this game create some very real, very good friends who you can rely on. So stop focusing about that promotion, or how a bug killed you, or - dare I say updates. Focus on the moment, focus on enjoying your time and not overlooking the moments you could be missing to try and get into someones good books. This community was built on Joahs vision, and it always will be. Though I completely love that vision, I like to think that through my time here I helped push for a secondary idea. The idea that we are in this together, and we do care. Even when we seem like we don't we are all doing our best and want the best for all of you

Anyways, I don't want this to be to long, but I hope you'll take the time to read my little rant, and hopefully through my likely typo's and errors, you got the message. This is important.

wow

The comment was more to be taken as, everyone just has to chill, and not cause so much drama in the server/community because we're all playing for one reason, to have fun. At least I hope. But sure, we all find and make really good friends on this server, I have myself. I just think people should look at things with a less anal attitude, and try to be a little more relaxed, like I said, it's just garry's mod.

You truly are depressed Zim, Lovely post.

• Winner 1

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

I think this is a great way to say it. Ultimately everyone comes to a game or community with their own agenda, but I have met very close friends here that I talk with daily. People who I know and care about dearly. I know about their personal lives and I care. I have always preached as a BCMD to walk away from the game when it comes to much or to keep it fun, yet serious, etc etc. The point is so that you can enjoy it with the people you want to and not get caught up in the drama of it all. The first year I spent in this community I had little to no friends IRL and I literally cried once I got promoted to ATK Reg from Rex because I felt I was leaving my family.

Gamers will be gamers but care about your fellow person. Keep up with people and check in. Send a message on discord, join a channel, say hi. Do these things IRL and in our community and you will be happier. I do here and IRL and I stand by that. 

#TeamBoomer

• Winner 2

I've met a lot of people on this community. Like that queer above me. Ah, Quill! I miss the memories I've encountered with many other people, but it goes to show. And it hurts me to see some people fight and stir up drama in a video game. If anyone that knew me that wants to chat, feel free to hit me up. I'd love to talk to some old friends. 

Edited by Faded
  • Friendly 2

Everyone is pretty chill in the end. People get into heated and arguments, and shit. But we should all strive to be a better community than the one that came before. Gaming is an escape from Reality with some of the best damn people in the world. Toxicity is bound to happen, but we should learn to support each other and encourage new things and just have fun at the end of the day. ❤️

• Friendly 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.