Teamspeak suggestion: Airspace/ATC channel for PLT

Frogo

Name: Frogo (Locke)

Suggestion: A channel for Airspace and ATC going ons.

Where would this be implemented?: a new channel

How would this benefit the TeamSpeak/Community?: It would benefit the PLT community by helping communication and to stop crashes and anger.

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?: Yes i have talked to Hawk. he supports the idea

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?: because i find that pilots crash into eachother alot because of lack of communication and due to the nature of flying using chat is not viable
Edited by Frogo
Frogot name
  • Agree 1
Head Admin

+1, I don't like blowing up mid air please make this happen Ron <3

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Banned

+1 but the almighty Ron will deny it

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

This will not really help, people crashing into each other is due to people not being specific in text comms, crashes as in Gmod crashing is the map and anger emerges because BO is intermediate activity and no CPT+ want to do it.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1 being able to actually do ATC would be really, really cool, rather than being text based where you can only be so descriptive. I think this would be great for enhancing Pilot RP and as a plus overcomes the main hurdle of ATC, which is text limits and time to type

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore - "Pressure makes diamonds, Ease makes decay"

2 time Rancor BCMD, 3 time Commander Havoc

-1 you guys already have a discord for that and half the people that fly don't even want to be in that plus your lucky to get a laat any way on a server with a high pop anyway

Edited by Shake

what? Pilots crash in the air? Dude just slow down and go lower to the ground if you need to comms in something how do you crash into each other? It's not that hard to not crash into each other. Also this channel wouldn't be used that often anyway so yea

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, Rohan said:

+1, I don't like blowing up mid air please make this happen Ron ❤️

How will a TS channel fix that if you eyes work you can see the ships around you and can avoid crashing and sure you can be behind someone who doesn't know you are there and they turn and you hit each other but then my further question would be why are you that close

On 8/23/2019 at 2:43 AM, BigZach said:

-1 surprisingly worse than a medical channel.

Please explain why you believe this. 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:59 AM, Eclipse said:

what? Pilots crash in the air? Dude just slow down and go lower to the ground if you need to comms in something how do you crash into each other? It's not that hard to not crash into each other. Also this channel wouldn't be used that often anyway so yea

A TS channel would allow whoever is in the air to communicate to ATC directly VIA voice as well as their fellow pilots in the air as you would hear in a movie or the TV Show 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:54 AM, Gadget said:

This will not really help, people crashing into each other is due to people not being specific in text comms, crashes as in Gmod crashing is the map and anger emerges because BO is intermediate activity and no CPT+ want to do it.

I hear your frustration but I can say that a lot of times when an event starts there is usually a lower BO that switches onto it to get noticed and possibly recommended for promo. Also if this were to be added then it would eliminate the need for pilots to type. 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:59 AM, Eclipse said:

On 10/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, Carvis said:

Please explain your -1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, Alec said:

Its really not that hard not to crash in to other people. If crashing is a problem then the pilots need to be trained better. 

A better way to communicate would help this and when you are in combat with multiple ships in the air and such a small air space with the mountains and what not it makes it semi difficult to know who is going to dodge high vs low and being able to communicate via TS would eliminate that issue. And if we start using squadron call outs when a ship is spawned it could be colored to help with call outs. I. E. “Blue V-19 go high” or something along those lines. 

20 minutes ago, Rose said:

Please explain your -1

Because it would go unused. Especially if someone is flying mid event and is required to be in their battalion channel during said event, it would just cause havoc. 

Also, people like being in their battalion channels, they dont want to sit in a TS channel that is always RP.

Also (again), Who is going to want to tab out to switch channels for 30 seconds while they fly a squad to Slate. Makes no sense.

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Carvis said:

Because it would go unused. Especially if someone is flying mid event and is required to be in their battalion channel during said event, it would just cause havoc. 

Also, people like being in their battalion channels, they dont want to sit in a TS channel that is always RP.

Also (again), Who is going to want to tab out to switch channels for 30 seconds while they fly a squad to Slate. Makes no sense.

So the idea (I’m guessing) would be if it’s just a LAAT transport and not a dogfighting scenario then the ts Wouldn't be mandatory  but if an event requires/involves dogfights then it would be mandatory to avoid crashes. 

On 8/23/2019 at 5:00 AM, Snow said:

+1 being able to actually do ATC would be really, really cool, rather than being text based where you can only be so descriptive. I think this would be great for enhancing Pilot RP and as a plus overcomes the main hurdle of ATC, which is text limits and time to type

Yeah the pop of the server has been really high recently so I doubt you’ll get anything else than maybe a ATRT or BARC

• Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

• 2 months later...