Sinister, MRP Director???

**not an abuse report but a staff report

RP Name:   Bobonater

Steam ID:   STEAM_0:0:156607107 

Staff member you are reporting:   Sinister

Staff Members Steam ID (If applicable):   Not too sure

Staff Members Wrong-Doing:   Fulfilling his duties as a director

Explain the situation:   A directors job is to make sure there is a strong and well-running staff team, overlooking the TR's and Game Masters, and generally the server.

As MRP is very slow and low in staff the role of the director(s) should change to; Evaluate the server content and find changes to help the server, Recruit staff, Run events, Take tickets, Overall do what you can to help the server succeed. 

Sinister is a great person, player, and staff member, it is not that he isn't doing anything but it seems like he is focusing on CWRP instead of MRP. He is putting in great help with the development of CWRP and being a great branch lead on the sith side, this is great but not for MRP. I feel awful for making this but I just don't see what he is doing for MRP, it seems like he is on CWRP more than his own server. I am suggesting of him moving to CWRP for that his passion or for him to focus more on MRP and keep this server alive. He may be doing a lot in the background but there is a lot of help needed on the server.

Evidence (If applicable):    NA, I used communities players thoughts and information. No real evidence

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly 2

After reading Sinister’s response, there are many errors within the execution of MRP but not Sinister’s fault.

Edited by Red_Panda
Changed from +1 to -1.
  • Agree 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

I really like you as Trump, you want good for the server. But you need a get on more and be active more.

Neutral

I like you as a director, we all just wish you do more for the server.

MRP is dying cause of TRs and Lack of GMs

(Changed to Neutral after Sinister's Reply. Still, think more needs to be done)

Edited by Jorrdan
  • Agree 1

I'll just address some things that you guys have brought up so far.

Lack of TR's: I can't really force people to become TR's. I've been working on the TR program by promoting Technodad to the Trainer Director position, and talking with him and Bruno about incentivizing training like it is on Clone Wars to have more appeal in the program, as well as the TR of the week program that's already been started. There isn't much beyond that to be done, besides just hosting TR tryouts, which is the shortcoming of the TRO's, not me.

Lack of Staff: Again, how am I supposed to get people to apply? We already incentivize staff with staff of the week. People that want to help the server will apply. Those that don't, won't.

Activity on MRP vs CWRP: There's only been one day this week where I have spent more than an hour on the CWRP server. Today. I got two hours of sleep, and wanted to relax. I've logged just as many, if not more, hours than most staff and Commander+ on the server, and I never AFK for more than 15-30 minutes. I don't spend as much time on trump as I'd like to, I'll agree with that. Reasoning behind that is that the Russian side has been lacking a lot more than the United States, and I swap to Russian jobs to give the US something to do, and boost Russian numbers.

"On Everyday": So going a day or two a week without loading up the server makes me a bad Director? I'm on discord 24/7 unless I'm sleeping, and am often on teamspeak for 6+ hours a day, spending a lot of time talking to Square about the server. 

Pythin does more work: Pythin is doing a great job as a staff member. He's doing what he's supposed to. But hosting events isn't the same as running the server.

Few other things:

-I had nothing to do with the release date of the server.

-I've spent almost the past two months working on this server and the development, I want to see it succeed more than anyone because if it doesn't, I just wasted two months. 

-There are a ton of issues on the server. I will agree to that. The inactivty of Commanders & Higher ranks, lack of TR's, lack of staff, lack of population, the list goes on. I can only do so much as one person to combat it.

-If there was someone that could do a better job, or even help me work on things, don't you think they would be Director or Head Admin? We have multiple Head Admin positions open, and one director position. 

-Very few people come to me and ask if they can help, look for responsibilities, or try to solve problems. Everyone loves to point out issues, but very few people want to put in the effort to solve them. Those of you that are putting in the work will be promoted to the ranks that you deserve, such as Buzz getting Head Admin recently, and Technodad getting TRD. It's a process.

-I could list off all the people that are actually doing absolutely nothing that will be removed or demoted soon, but I won't publicly list that information.

There are people doing what they can to help the server.

There are people doing nothing, hurting the server.

You all can decide which type of person I am.

I see this more of me being held as the scapegoat for the issues going on. But that's my opinion, and we're all entitled to our own.

But, ask and you shall receive. If this "report" gets enough support, I'll back out of the role and leave High Staff empty.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 14

-1 I believe the fall of MRP isn't just sinisters fault its a huge mess from multiple people; poor planning and not meeting deadlines in my opinion  is why the server has no pop. Launching the server in the beginning was great but I think it was rushed and there was a lot of bugs on launch. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

-1 The fall of MRP is NOT on fucking Sinister and if you think so you're a braindead ape.

Let's start from before the update. CWRP updates killed the server (with only a sith update)

Then the server was shut down for a long ass time and the date we were given for it to reopen was not delivered on. It was released 2 weeks after the said date.

Then 2 days after MRP launches again the "Biggest Clone Wars Update To Date" is going to be happening SoonTM

Now onto another point, STAFF SHIT:  Pretty much, SINISTER CAN'T FORCE PEOPLE TO JOIN THE FUCKING STAFF TEAM. All he can do is try his hardest to make sure his staff is doing a good job. But if someone is doing a shit job and he isn't told about it guess what? He can't do fuck all about it.

TLDR:  The failure of MRP is NOT on sinister NOR Andrews in any way, there are issues with MRP but not things Sinister Nor Andrews has anything to do with. Also Stop fucking scapegoating People ffs

• Friendly 1
34 minutes ago, TayTay said:

-1 The fall of MRP is NOT on fucking Sinister and if you think so you're a braindead ape.

Let's start from before the update. CWRP updates killed the server (with only a sith update)

Then the server was shut down for a long ass time and the date we were given for it to reopen was not delivered on. It was released 2 weeks after the said date.

Then 2 days after MRP launches again the "Biggest Clone Wars Update To Date" is going to be happening SoonTM

Now onto another point, STAFF SHIT:  Pretty much, SINISTER CAN'T FORCE PEOPLE TO JOIN THE FUCKING STAFF TEAM. All he can do is try his hardest to make sure his staff is doing a good job. But if someone is doing a shit job and he isn't told about it guess what? He can't do fuck all about it.

TLDR:  The failure of MRP is NOT on sinister NOR Andrews in any way, there are issues with MRP but not things Sinister Nor Andrews has anything to do with. Also Stop fucking scapegoating People ffs

-1 I agree that its not Sinister's fault nor Andrews , I think that CWRP updates and MRP shutdown really affected the server too (but we cant blame CWRP for just existing and trying to be a better server).

On the TRs killing the server thing, Technodad, Sinister, Bart , Buzz and me are already working on making the TR program more interesting for everyone and trying to get it working again.

Edited by Brunoo_
  • Agree 1

I love u bobonater but this is most retarded post ive seen so far... 

Can't just report the only leading man on mrp, that would lead the server with no leadership.  

I'm sure we understand your concerns but a staff report isn't needed.  I'm going -1 this report. 

Edited by COC4INE
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

I just want to clear up that I am putting no blame on sinister for what is happening with the server. My self and so other players feel like sinister isn't being involved in the server. I DO NOT  want sinister demoted or anything, I just want to bring up this issue that we had. He is doing an amazing job for synergy, we just know that he can do better for MRP. The amount of the players on the server isn't his fault, as being HA on TTT I know that you can be God himself and get no one. I am using this to bring up some concerns we had for the better of MRP.

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Bobonater3 said:

I just want to clear up that I am putting no blame on sinister for what is happening with the server. My self and so other players feel like sinister isn't being involved in the server. I DO NOT  want sinister demoted or anything, I just want to bring up this issue that we had. He is doing an amazing job for synergy, we just know that he can do better for MRP. The amount of the players on the server isn't his fault, as being HA on TTT I know that you can be God himself and get no one. I am using this to bring up some concerns we had for the better of MRP.

Sorry Bob, but if that's the case, then there is no need for a report. You should have spoken to him or the founders about this instead of making it public. Reports are, and have always been, for demotions.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 4

-1 Poor fucking Communications between Founders killed the Server, MRP Launches & Joah adds Sith, MRP Launches again with a lot of new cool stuff, Three new Updates happens on CWRP. I do not believe this to be Sinisters fault, If just for one day all the staff could unite find a time to jump on the server & roleplay together we will get alot of new players. I as a New Admin are not able to do anything with my current staff position when there is 3 Players on and all of them are AFK, I cant whitelist, No tickets are being made, No new players join the server and it is what killed the server. We are in Badly Need of leadership on this server, All of the russians pretty much just said screw the server, Like the RUS Army CMD havnt seen him on  for day, Everyone on the russian side pretty much said we dont want to play and that killed the Population of the US Side which eventually lead to people being AFK waiting for the RUS Side. Apart from that We are in badly need of Head Admins we have i think 2 head admins who'm i havnt seen on the server for days, They should be not only Controlling Staff but also  jump on the server & roleplay, Show that the Higher ups are active No flame to Buzz or Bart they are doing and amazing job. But i still do think that we lack people because of either side not having any leadership what so ever, As soon as the server started going down EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE that was in a Commander Position Retired, If its anybody's fault its theirs, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN ROLEPLAY, With the limits when there is no Commanders on we cant negotiate we cant do shit.

• Retired Founder

tenor.gif?itemid=7532429

It's not Sinister's fault MRP was poorly executed and currently lacks direction. He's probably one of the few staff members on MRP that's atleast trying; other people sat in high staff positions touching themselves in their channels without actually pushing the server forward. Being a "High Staff" member on a brand new server is not EASY or RELAXING, it's hard fucking work and most people these days just expect to login to an 80+ player server. But hey, let's file a "Staff Abuse Report" on the only director left with 2 head admins under him, smh

Let me make this very clear - launching a brand new server takes many long nights, weeks, and months of development, player engagement, advertising, expanding your current population, and balancing the current load and/or population of your previous game servers. MRP launch was rushed, and wasn't thoroughly planned. An extra month of development and planning, including staff could have attained a much higher success rate but currently the server has ~10 players at peak hours and next to no leadership in terms of server growth. Logging into an empty server, running an event, and taking some tickets doesn't create a successful server population.

• Steam Group Announcements
  • TeamSpeak Announcements
  • Having small groups of CWRP Staff/Players regularly join MRP for the first few weeks to have fun and boost population
  • Engaging, active development while speaking to the people who play on your server daily
  • etc

Back in 2013, and multiple years after, I spent months slowly building up community populations and it takes a lot out of you. Constantly running events, posting announcements, spamming teamspeak, spamming steam, spamming discord, asking friends to join, rallying staff members, pushing things in the right direction; no one's going to do it for you. Some of most effective tactics in server growth are "annoying" at first but slowly result in a thriving game server and the positives outweigh the negatives of possibly annoying some clone wars players (and lol who cares, the server is getting massive updates and sitting at 120+ constantly, you're not going to kill a thriving CW Server by slightly annoying them with new server ads; at the end of the day this is meant to be a community and not a single-server clone wars circle jerk, unless i'm mistaken. just saying)

• Winner 1

z5dGuiK.gif

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Josh Schneider said:

-1 Poor fucking Communications between Founders killed the Server, MRP Launches & Joah adds Sith, MRP Launches again with a lot of new cool stuff, Three new Updates happens on CWRP. I do not believe this to be Sinisters fault, If just for one day all the staff could unite find a time to jump on the server & roleplay together we will get alot of new players. I as a New Admin are not able to do anything with my current staff position when there is 3 Players on and all of them are AFK, I cant whitelist, No tickets are being made, No new players join the server and it is what killed the server. We are in Badly Need of leadership on this server, All of the russians pretty much just said screw the server, Like the RUS Army CMD havnt seen him on  for day, Everyone on the russian side pretty much said we dont want to play and that killed the Population of the US Side which eventually lead to people being AFK waiting for the RUS Side. Apart from that We are in badly need of Head Admins we have i think 2 head admins who'm i havnt seen on the server for days, They should be not only Controlling Staff but also  jump on the server & roleplay, Show that the Higher ups are active No flame to Buzz or Bart they are doing and amazing job. But i still do think that we lack people because of either side not having any leadership what so ever, As soon as the server started going down EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE that was in a Commander Position Retired, If its anybody's fault its theirs, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN ROLEPLAY, With the limits when there is no Commanders on we cant negotiate we cant do shit.

I waited a week before dropping the update to allow the server to stabilize at least 30-40 active players. The server has not been able to maintain 10-20 players per day. Actively. So for you to say it's the fault of an update is very skewed and looks like you're trying to point the finger elsewhere.

People obviously find the server boring, otherwise, people would be on it a lot... The desert map is simply bland and I believe a new map that isn't boring/dead will spark a huge life into it, but for you to ask me to actively ignore my clone wars community is outlandish. I will continue to update my personal server, Mods and Square tried to revive Military Roleplay and haven't given up yet, but in order to actively promote roleplay, players need to be on the server (which there are none). Even prior to my "update that killed the server"... Lmfao.

Lack of interest in the server is what killed it, sorry to tell you bub. 

Sinister did an excellent job, especially the founders that set the foundation.

What is killing the server?

1.) Commanders not actively promoting roleplay / engaging with players to make a fun 
2.) People pointing the finger at higher-ups when it's clearly not the fault of the founders nor is it the fault of Sinister.
3.) Lack of players actually getting on despite the advertisements (AKA- People just not interested)

We're not going to force players to get on a server they have no interest in. If we did that, we'd be Icefuse. I don't exactly feel the need of becoming a server that runs like a business. I'd rather run this like a place where people can have fun. We opened up applications for HA+ and those who actively work to promote roleplay on the server. Half of the people complaining are putting 0 to no effort in themselves and have no room to talk. Calling someone else lazy when people themselves are in fact lazy is quite hypocritical.

I'm not going to actively sit here and allow you to bash those who work harder than everyone else to see something work while players who complain do nothing but complain. This is grade A bullshit the way you typed this out and is a great way to make an excuse for the server not working. Thanks for your opinion as shit as it is.

Furthermore, this report is DENIED

It is not even close to the fault of sinister. All of the high staff are hard-working, and I would never put it upon 1 singular person for the failure of a server.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 8