Computers

IKE

Just now, IKE said:

Can someone give me the link to a CPU I could buy that they would recommend, I'm looking for a 2.5 Hz CPU that is reasonably cheap, for the X552C,

Gamer the cpu is most likely integrated with the motherboard you will not be able to upgrade it

2 minutes ago, Sanchez Resident said:

Gamer the cpu is most likely integrated with the motherboard you will not be able to upgrade it

For a moment, this made no sense to me considering you can always upgrade a CPU for a desktop.

Then I realized he has a laptop lmao. Yeah you most likely can't upgrade it boy, tis a laptop, the CPU comes with it.

@IKE aren't you a particularly young fella? Replacing the CPU on a laptop required soldering. If you don't know what this is, it's using a torch to melt a metal into the edges of the CPU. I'm not a soldering expert, as a matter of fact, I've never attempted it, but, I don't believe you can A. Acquire the gun needed and B. Acquire the solder needed (most likely gold...?).

Tldr, upgrading a CPU is very difficult. Sell your laptop and upgrade. 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

2 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

@IKE aren't you a particularly young fella? Replacing the CPU on a laptop required soldering. If you don't know what this is, it's using a torch to melt a metal into the edges of the CPU. I'm not a soldering expert, as a matter of fact, I've never attempted it, but, I don't believe you can A. Acquire the gun needed and B. Acquire the solder needed (most likely gold...?).

I see, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 

Just now, IKE said:

Okay, new question because I literally know jack shit when it comes to computers, how would I go about transfering data from my current PC to a new one?

I would transfer the non returnable items. Games and apps that can be downloaded need not be transferred. You can use Google Drive or a flash drive. Examples of non returnable files are school, tax information, etc. 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

2 minutes ago, IKE said:

Okay, new question because I literally know jack shit when it comes to computers, how would I go about transfering data from my current PC to a new one?

Either upload it online, or transfer all your disc stuff to another one or you could put that hard drive in the new one :)

I currently have the Asus X552c laptop, which my parents bought me for christmas, they bought me it like 4 years ago so they won't be hurt if I sell it, I will likely sell it to get me closer to buying a better PC, anyone got a price range for the computer, I'm currently looking online to see how much people sell it for and I'm finding varied results

Just now, IKE said:

I currently have the Asus X552c laptop, which my parents bought me for christmas, they bought me it like 4 years ago so they won't be hurt if I sell it, I will likely sell it to get me closer to buying a better PC, anyone got a price range for the computer, I'm currently looking online to see how much people sell it for and I'm finding varied results

I mean, if you know how to build it and so on, then you should check amazon.de :) otherwise I actually don't know any english websites besides danish :/ I'll probably try to look it up tomorrow and see if I can find anything. 

@IKE Id suggest checking out youtube channels like LinusTech, and Jayz2Cents. They are very reputable sources for information on PC's. They are also running a lot of deals still on PC's.

The only thing I can say for sure from my experience is if you're looking at graphics cards, never buy an AMD one and always go for a Nvidia one.   

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

Depends on your budget. My Tower is $700 and was pre-built with parts.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

6 hours ago, Fizzik said:

That would require him solder every pin connecter peferctly not possible without some very expensive equipment