[CWRP] Bucklan's Ban Appeal

Bucklan

RP Name/Steam Name: 327th ARCO CSM Bucklan/Jesup Colt
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38220237
Date of Ban: 10/24/18
Length of Ban: 10 days
Offense: micspam/racism
Banned By: Sinister
Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?: I was told a racism ban was supposed to be 3 days.
Evidence to support your claims: I was given no chance to speak or defend myself or even have the offense explained to me.  All I heard was "next person who gets arrested gets a arrested is getting a ban when I already had an AoS.  I understand being arrested.  But, the ban came out of nowhere.  I also can't be told who for sure banned me.

• Disagree 1

I will confirm, I was the person that banned you.

7 minutes ago, Bucklan said:

I was told a racism ban was supposed to be 3 days.

The minimum for Racism is 7 days, with no warning. The staff documents state this exact wording: "7+ Day Ban (NO WARNING NEEDED)" . I made it 10 because you were spamming an extremely racist song through your microphone. 

7 minutes ago, Bucklan said:

All I heard was "next person who gets arrested gets a arrested is getting a ban when I already had an AoS.

I stated to Cyclops in TS that I would get involved by banning people if 327th continued to minge after Drayyen was arrested for Debrief Shooting. Your ban was not a result of this. You were banned because of what you did, not because of the circumstances; you would have been banned for the same time either way.

My statement to Cyclops was because after Drayyen was arrested, multiple 327th started to minge as a result, and it was meant as a warning.

Now that I've provided my reasoning, and my side of the story, I hope you better understand the actions I took.

Best Regards.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

No matter the reasoning behind your intoxication that should not be used an excuse, if you find yourself in the position of you going to be drunk typically I would advise you to just not go on your PC to avoid this outright.

Overall -1 racism is not okay in any way shape or form and you have to take the full responsibility of your actions be it drunk or not

I’m going to have to +1, with the reason that he Indeed was drunk and that this is a game, would you have rathered him go drive instead of hoping on a game while drunk?

i hope to God anyone on this forum appeal that says “racism is never okay” have never EVER said the N word in teamspeak or in discord, and have never EVER made a racial slur or joke of any form. If you have and you say it isn’t okay.

youre a hypocrite.

• Winner 1

+1 for a reduction. Yes he played a racist song. At the end of the day it is just a song though. It is not like he was directly running around calling people the said word. I have seen some more "Favorited" people do stupid shit like this and only get AOS'd at most. Not saying unban him because he didnt do anything wrong. But I think a reduction is fine.

• Agree 1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

Eh, +1 to reduction. 

What you do in TS/Discord if your business but if you're going around shouting it in game then that's a problem, under the influence or not you probably shouldn't be talking about that stuff when you're beginning to drink for any reason, this is where self responsibility comes in.  So next time you should now know better then to not do that. 

58 minutes ago, Taur said:

+1 to reduction, who hasn't played earrape/racism in ts

He was doing it outside bunks and around newer players. It’s one thing to do it in ts but to do it in game affects the entire server and espically make it so younger players may not want to stay on this server.

1 minute ago, BigBurner said:

He was doing it outside bunks and around newer players. It’s one thing to do it in ts but to do it in game affects the entire server and espically make it so younger players may not want to stay on this server.

49 minutes ago, Sinister said:

To clarify: It was in game, not in Teamspeak.

oh shit

+1 to reduction, just follow the guidelines for the rules. Could be a slippery slope adding your own time on top of that

But stay banned for 7 days, being drunk isn't an excuse. It doesn't change how you think, it just makes it easier to act on it.

I don't think being drunk is an actual defense.  But being high was apparently good enough to get someone else out of a ban, so...

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

-1. Regardless of your state you are responsible for your actions. There is also no sign of remorse in your appeal.

You got me.  I'm not remorseful for playing a stupid song.  It's not like I said anything.  But apparently "semi-serious roleplay" actually means "serious as a national emergency."

8 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Eh, +1 to reduction. 

What you do in TS/Discord if your business but if you're going around shouting it in game then that's a problem, under the influence or not you probably shouldn't be talking about that stuff when you're beginning to drink for any reason, this is where self responsibility comes in.  So next time you should now know better then to not do that. 

I didn't say anything.  I played a dumb song.

5 minutes ago, Bucklan said:

I don't think being drunk is an actual defense.  But being high was apparently good enough to get someone else out of a ban, so...

You got me.  I'm not remorseful for playing a stupid song.  It's not like I said anything.  But apparently "semi-serious roleplay" actually means "serious as a national emergency."

I didn't say anything.  I played a dumb song.

-1 apparently you have no remorse

also you can't reply to your own posts

Edited by Fizzik

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

3 minutes ago, Hood said:

+1 to reduction, just follow the guidelines for the rules. Could be a slippery slope adding your own time on top of that

But stay banned for 7 days, being drunk isn't an excuse. It doesn't change how you think, it just makes it easier to act on it.

Aww shucks... I'm sorry, Pa.  I didn't mean to disappoint you by playing a silly song.

7 minutes ago, [SR] Kon [A] said:

-1 I thought better from you. I was just talking to you that night and I thought you were pretty cool. This is just wrong. ;(

You do know I didn't actually say anything, right?  I was playing a memey song, not quoting Mein Kampf.

Just now, Bucklan said:

Aww shucks... I'm sorry, Pa.  I didn't mean to disappoint you by playing a silly song.

You do know I didn't actually say anything, right?  I was playing a memey song, not quoting Mein Kampf.

Well, it was bad enough to get you fucking banned.

2 minutes ago, Bucklan said:

So are you just a racist piece of shit full time or is this a part time gig?

Also good luck with the ban, wouldn't be suprised if they extended honestly. You add nothing to the community, nor society it seems.

👋🏻

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
2 minutes ago, [SR] Kon [A] said:

Well, it was bad enough to get you fucking banned.

Not debating that.  Just setting the record straight.

5 minutes ago, Hood said:

Weird flex but ok

"I came to a serious RP server but spamming racist songs through my mic is part of my character guys."

Nice

It says "semi-serious roleplay" in the server selection menu.  Had I known beforehand there was no room to goof off, I never would've joined to begin with.

I reviewed the evidence and you are under impression that "Semi-Serious"  means "Let's blast Alabama N*** out my mic because that's still semi-serious"

There are areas to goof off on the ship but you choose not to utilize them.

Racism is absolutely not tolerated on the server at all.

For the final nail in the coffin, you commented on your application to flame as well.

This appeal has been DENIED you will be serving out the full ten days.

//Moved to Denied Appeals//

• Agree 3
  • Winner 2