Arroyo - Marlo's Dets Collection

Arroyo

Name: 2ndACXO PLTO 1LT Arroyo

Who helped (If applicable):  Minesweeper, Bolt,Fordo (Reddy)

Event Name: Marlo's Dets Collection

Summary of the story: A escaped refugee running from a unknown force has been saved and taken to a Republic Venator. Un-Knowing who is following the venator awaits for the surprise of a life time. Two separate Hutt families show up and argue to the republic two turn them in. Both Hutss make the venator a battle ground and will do anything to capture the citizen. 

What was the result of the event?: Hutts improsined, and republic escaped...

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: rp and shoot em up

THIS IS MINESWEEPER EVENT IDEA. I HOSTED IT AND HELPED

THIS WHOLE EVENT REVOLVED ON PLAYER CHOICE

Edited by Arroyo

Alright boys, before the -1s start flying in, here's the breakdown:

Refugee comes on ship, requesting safe place to hide

He gets to hide, and one Hutt locates him.

That Hutt gets on the ship, and starts to negotiate, when ANOTHER debt collector comes on to collect as well.

The refugee actually owes money to both Boltfat and Marlos (Hutt 1 and 2)

The idea was, since he owed Boltfat more money, he'd go with him. 

But, since the player choice made it so long, and so much failrp and bad decisions happened, Marlos couldnt get pissy and continue bombarding the ship, I.E, shootemup.

I didn't account for some player choice, like actually letting the Hutts negotiate, or trying to save the ""Civilian"" (who is actually a criminal, but it doesn't matter at this point) from being brought back to the Hutts, but don't -1 the event because of the mayhem that was the republic.

-Minesweeper

Edited by [SR] Heart
  • Winner 1
Banned

-1 mine is still flying in heart

• Agree 1
Just now, Post Scralone said:

-1 was badly executed, didn't seemed to be planned at all and was no communication from the GM between certain naval members. 

The event wasn't badly executed, the gamemaster must follow along with player choice, you can't just strip the player's privileges to control the event.

• Friendly 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

-1, Was a very unorganized event. Not all battalions got to participate due to it only being like RP interactions with Naval and Senators mostly. It was very boring and needs to improve.

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Just now, Red_Panda said:

-1, Was a very unorganized event. Not all battalions got to participate due to it only being like RP interactions with Naval and Senators mostly. It was very boring and needs to improve.

It was meant to be passive rp then shoot em up. BUT a person hyperspaced and that ruined the shoot em up

Just now, Nade Jones said:

The event wasn't badly executed, the gamemaster must follow along with player choice, you can't just strip the player's privileges to control the event.

yes but when I have been on when there has been an event, the game master always seems to come to us and tells us certain things to expect like for instance going into hyperspace, they usually let us know so we can do it but someone seems to press it without our knowledge and that causes problems.  But it was badly executed, didn't seem like a good event but that's just my opinion. 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Post Scralone said:

None of the naval pressed the button for hyperspace, according to someone which I shall not name it was rider.. but I wasn't there so I'm not going to say anything further. Like I'm just as confused as a lot of people right now. 

Ik who it was but didnt want a callout

Now, not knowing all of the background information and knowing only what I saw in the the event from my side of things, which was admittedly not much since I had so little to do with the RP, which in the event I thought that it was originally meant to be just a passive RP event. When I saw that there was player choice that prevented some other sort of engagement for the troops that were not taking part in RP I understood. I apologize for the comment made earlier about it, however I feel that if player choice shifted the focus, you should be prepared for that case.

If it is passive RP, there should be a drive to engage the entirety of the active forces in the RP. Now that may sound difficult, but that's the challenge in making non-"shoot-em up" events. Again, I apologize for casting judgement before knowing the event side and the capabilities of the event team, however I still found that the inflexibility made it rough.

Player choice is important, but I'd much rather have an engaging event for everyone first and foremost. Keep working at it, while it may not be your best work, there is never a magnum opus without first a few mistakes and opportunities to learn from.

• Winner 1

Hudson, The Helmetless. Formerly Of:
41st Elite Corps & Green Company, Coruscant Guard, 327th Star Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, 187th Legion, Defense and Recon Regimental Commander, 212th Attack Battalion, RANCOR, and for Jedi General Quinlan Vos and Jedi Advisor Shaak Ti.