Nothing to do when there isnt events

2 hours ago, Summit said:

I've always thought that it's up to the higher ups in each battalion to keep their troopers entertained. For example, they could run training, hold sims, etc. 

Its incredibly monotonous and theres only so many times you can train and do sims before youve done everything. We need more combat and less predictability. You want everyone to come to this community and stay here? Keep them on the edge of their seats. Make it so they can never truly relax because the moment they do they could be attacked and killed. Only by making every moment a possibility can people have enough entertainment to be happy. VIP attacks are the best way to do that.

• Founder
Founder

Maybe we should put in more passive rp jobs like senators etc to keep people a little more entertained. When I say this I don't mean only allow 1 or 2 people to be whitelisted but maybe exclude it to donator or even allow some jobs to be accessed by anyone. 

You know you guys can do battalion training right? It's not the game makers fault for you sitting around sometimes because your Commander or higher ups in the battalion are to lazy to do any trading or passive RP with their battalion. As long as events are happening on a decent basis the rest is up to you and your higher ups.

21 minutes ago, Lazer said:

You know you guys can do battalion training right? It's not the game makers fault for you sitting around sometimes because your Commander or higher ups in the battalion are to lazy to do any trading or passive RP with their battalion. As long as events are happening on a decent basis the rest is up to you and your higher ups.

Read my comment above for the battalion training part of your comment. We dont expect the gamemasters to be making events all the time. That would be impossible and way too much work for anyone. The point im trying to make is that there is still a lot of downtime between events and rather than having gamemasters and gamemasters alone be responsible for enemies existing and any conflict happening, or just running the same drills and the same sims over and over again(because really on the ship theres not a whole lot to change it up) we can have a group of responsible VIPs who can attack the ship in small mini events every 20-40 minutes or so and otherwise bring some variation into the hours between events that has not been had before. MMO's dont have gamemasters dictating the spawn and movement of the NPCs, the NPCs spawn automatically and provide the people in these MMO's with semi constant conflict with the occasional boss. Since we dont have NPC's capable of performing that function for us, we need trusted players to do it. We dont even need the enemies to attack us, they could literally be in a CIS ship as far away from us as possible. Just as long as they are out there and conflict is achievable, we can take entertainment value in strategizing an attack or preparing a defense. You want to make sure players have a good time even in the downtime between events while still giving gamemasters a break? This is how.

4 minutes ago, Evan said:

Read my comment above for the battalion training part of your comment. We dont expect the gamemasters to be making events all the time. That would be impossible and way too much work for anyone. The point im trying to make is that there is still a lot of downtime between events and rather than having gamemasters and gamemasters alone be responsible for enemies existing and any conflict happening, or just running the same drills and the same sims over and over again(because really on the ship theres not a whole lot to change it up) we can have a group of responsible VIPs who can attack the ship in small mini events every 20-40 minutes or so and otherwise bring some variation into the hours between events that has not been had before. MMO's dont have gamemasters dictating the spawn and movement of the NPCs, the NPCs spawn automatically and provide the people in these MMO's with semi constant conflict with the occasional boss. Since we dont have NPC's capable of performing that function for us, we need trusted players to do it. We dont even need the enemies to attack us, they could literally be in a CIS ship as far away from us as possible. Just as long as they are out there and conflict is achievable, we can take entertainment value in strategizing an attack or preparing a defense. You want to make sure players have a good time even in the downtime between events while still giving gamemasters a break? This is how.

I like this idea alot +1

• Founder
Founder
46 minutes ago, Lazer said:

I don't think anyone was saying that it was the game makers fault I believe what we are trying to do is suggest more ideas to increase the level of enjoyment when there are no game makers on or are simply not doing any events at the moment. 

• Agree 1
43 minutes ago, Evan said:

Although the idea is decent it would never work, I would not trust a single VIP with an event no matter what. Hell, I don't even trust some staff members doing events. I still do believe that battalions should be doing more than just sitting around. But then again that's up to the battalion commander but I strongly believe in having an immense amount of training happening in your battalion to 1 better the teamwork with one another. 2 Increasing immersion, and 3 just having more fun than sitting around. It doesn't have to be a huge sim every time just find something simple to do together and I can assure you your battalion will thrive.

9 hours ago, Lazer said:

Although the idea is decent it would never work, I would not trust a single VIP with an event no matter what. Hell, I don't even trust some staff members doing events. I still do believe that battalions should be doing more than just sitting around. But then again that's up to the battalion commander but I strongly believe in having an immense amount of training happening in your battalion to 1 better the teamwork with one another. 2 Increasing immersion, and 3 just having more fun than sitting around. It doesn't have to be a huge sim every time just find something simple to do together and I can assure you your battalion will thrive.

Too much of the same thing though. No variation which makes the battalion training eventually get just as boring as doing nothing. What do you think the VIPs would do that is bad as a mini event job?

I'll tell you what I did with GM when I was Bacara....I locked them in my bunks and forced us to get to know each other. Not only does it strengthen the bond you have with your friends but it makes a lot of spicy meme shit to come out. That's how I got to know the 41st. I locked them in and out from that the #Bacara4President meme came from. 

WAS MEDIC

• Founder
Founder

I recall icefuse having a sim room a very long time ago that spawned npc droids when a button was clicked. I don't know much about what goes on behind that but that would be an interesting thing on the server that would keep a lot of people entertained.