[DIRECTORS] Enforce AFK rule on staff

TrijiM

Name: 104th ARCO SFC TrijiM

Suggestion: Enforce an AFK rule for Staff

Implementation: Enforce this rule, so they can change their name to "AFK" or just have them leave. 

Lore: none

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: none

Job: none

Model: none

Weapons: none 

Other: none

Reason: So there has been problems with High staff going afk and not putting AFK in name or not leaving the server. Its created a huge issue where we have to wait hours for them to come back or hell even a day to have them ban someone or ask for a simple dupe. I want them to enforce a rule were if you are going to go afk for 20+ mins then you should have your name to AFK (inset name) or just to leave the server.  This was addressed in the Staff meetings more than 4+ times and they still wont take the time (which is 5 seconds) to change their name or leave the server.  New Admins and Admins dont have the perms as SA+ do and when they afk its annoying, because they are going for hours or even a day, and we have to do the best we can when it comes to dealing with minges or even sims. For example, I had to wait 40+ for a fucking dupe and the reason was because almost all of the SA's were afk. 

This may not be the best worded suggestion but I think staff team and the players could understand this is a problem and it needs to be enforced

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, TrijiM said:

Reason: So there has been problems with High staff going afk and not putting AFK in name or not leaving the server. Its created a huge issue where we have to wait hours for them to come back or hell even a day to have them ban someone or ask for a simple dupe.

I don't see how this is a solution to the problem. You wan't staff to change their name to AFK or leave the server, how does that at all correlate to decreased waiting times for tickets? If I change my name to AFK Alfa, or just leave it at Alfa it still does not change the fact that I am afk. I see how it can let you know which staff member is and isn't on but it still does not affect your main issue which is getting tickets claimed. 

Neutral, not really a solution to the problem , though we should work to find a solution for late night staff activity.

Edited by Alfa
3 hours ago, Alfa said:

I don't see how this is a solution to the problem. You wan't staff to change their name to AFK or leave the server, how does that at all correlate to decreased waiting times for tickets? If I change my name to AFK Alfa, or just leave it at Alfa it still does not change the fact that I am afk. I see how it can let you know which staff member is and isn't on but it still does not affect your main issue which is getting tickets claimed. 

Neutral, not really a solution to the problem , though we should work to find a solution for late night staff activity.

At least the person waiting for the admin will know if he is afk it maybe helping someone else first.

Its harmless

Edited by Stern
  • Agree 1

-1 ? Why changing your name if you go afk, its pretty obvious if you are or not not gonna lie.  It's such a small change that is so annoying, like im sorry but 80% of the people will just forget to do it, it's not like its gonna change anything.

Banned

How many times are you going to bring this up it’s honestly getting annoying at this point. This is like the 15th time you have brought this up. Just stop, they would’ve enforced it by now if they wanted it to be a rule. -1

-1, most of the time, people have to go for IRL reasons like ASAP and will not have the time to simply change their name. “What if they go to make a fucking hot pocket or something?” Well, that’s just pure laziness there but this could be a very forgetful rule.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Both Square and I have discussed this and come to this conclusion.

Staff are human it's not necessary to have them change their name to AFK if you require a staff member and they aren't taking the tickets or responding when pulled check the TS for an active staff member that may just be tabbed out.

Suggestion Denied