Game Master Timezone difference

Stern

Name: 212th ENG PFC Stern

Suggestion: There are a constant 60+ people on the server and I believe that most game masters are mostly Americans? In the Eastern timezone, This means People like me in GMT +2 ish are on for most of our day (Bear in mind this is with Plus Minus 60 people) are sitting around the ship with nothing to do, Except for maybe a FFA in the citadel. 

This can get incredibly boring. Maybe I am getting on at the exact wrong time but I have been on the server for two days now about 2-3 hours with no events happening for the Afternoon.

My suggestion is to have the amount of game masters added/removed for compensation of time zones, So people like me do not miss out on events. There are many admins online but sadly not too many Game masters.

Implementation: Take register of every game master and have 2-3 game masters for most general timezones. 

Lore: None

Workshop content if applicable: None
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

So I am confused by this suggestion as currently doesn't make any sense.

We don't "Assign" game masters to certain timezones, they do event's during the times they are able to get on.
The majority of the staff team is around the EST timezone which is why that's when the most events happen.

Game Masters are not added or removed just because we don't have a coverage, you have to reach a certain rank in the staff team to become a game master it's not only a choice.

Not going to force Game Masters to stay up really late to do events or make them get up early, they do this voluntarily and it will not be changing.

If you know people in this timezone that want to be game masters I would encourage you to tell them to apply to staff and work themselves up to game master.

Whats the point in removing western gamemasters in order to get more eastern gamemasters. There isn't a limit for how many gamemasters we can have.

Although we encourage staff members to go down both the gamemaster path and trainer path in order to become a game master the staff members are required to reach senior admin as being a game master is a huge responsibility. This isn't really something we can solve and yes eastern players suffer due to this community being American based.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Sorry maybe wasn't clear,

You dont have to remove any gamemasters but, Most current gamemasters are American/Different timezone. American gamemasters dont have to be forced to stay up later but if you have ask people from different timezones to apply you cover more times where people are able to stay on and have fun on the server.

1 hour ago, Stern said:

Sorry maybe wasn't clear,

You dont have to remove any gamemasters but, Most current gamemasters are American/Different timezone. American gamemasters dont have to be forced to stay up later but if you have ask people from different timezones to apply you cover more times where people are able to stay on and have fun on the server.

As I've said we encourage staff to do both gamemaster and trainer branches as you get to choose which path to go down but as you can tell this is a American server this also includes the majority playerbase and staffbase so the ratio of gamemasters is heavily favoured to American rather than eastern. We do have some good eastern staff members so I'm afraid you will have to rely on that as well as the expansion of the eastern part of the  staff team over time.

• Friendly 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Would be nice if normal community players could apply for gamemasters instead of having to climb up the staff ranks, being a GM can be extremely fun, but since all of the GM team is staff I'm pretty sure a fair amount of them feel forced to do events to keep their shit LUL. I would apply for GM, I have no intention of turning this server into a job so I'll never become staff, and I'm pretty sure that's why others don't bother slugging through the staff ranks just to get GM, too much stuff to go through to get one role.

1 hour ago, Twelves said:

Would be nice if normal community players could apply for gamemasters instead of having to climb up the staff ranks, being a GM can be extremely fun, but since all of the GM team is staff I'm pretty sure a fair amount of them feel forced to do events to keep their shit LUL. I would apply for GM, I have no intention of turning this server into a job so I'll never become staff, and I'm pretty sure that's why others don't bother slugging through the staff ranks just to get GM, too much stuff to go through to get one role.

To host decent events, you need to be able to spawn props and NPC's. The power to do that holds responsibilities. You have the power the crash the server ETC. They will only give that power to people they trust and work for it

• Winner 1