On the Topic of the Coruscant Guard, Arrests, and "FailRP"

Vaal

Good afternoon Synergy Roleplay.

I recently spent several days within the Coruscant Guard. This pointed out a massive shift in Server communications and morale for me, and I'd like to have a discussion on parts or sections of it. Please let me know your opinions below, both CG and Non-CG. If you could avoid shitposting this thread, that'd mean the world to me.

The first thing I'd like to discuss is the Coruscant Guard and their relation to many arrests. The mentality of the Coruscant Guard is that individuals should know all of the rules and be able to uphold them to their full extent every minute of every second of every day. This is not necessarily a bad mentality as it creates good enforcement teams, but this mentality foregoes understanding, second chances, and self-discipline. Very rarely are warnings issued. In fact, CG are typically unstoppable with a baton in their hand, relentlessly seeking out the individual they wish to arrest with no hesitation whatsoever. This has caused many issues both in game and on the forums with individuals feeling oppressed, persecuted, or much more commonly, simply wronged by the Coruscant Guard's arrests. It has also caused issues within CG with false arrests. Not only this, but members of the Coruscant Guard have grudges against specific factions within the server. Unfortunately, the heaviest grudge exists on Clone Troopers, which are the group of individuals who need the most support and/or second chances. Also equally unfortunate, this is the group that is found to break the rules most commonly.

Although the grudge may be moderately understandable, in my eyes, it is unacceptable. Every individual needs to be evaluated the same under the law, hence the term, Rule of Law. This grudge is not held by all Coruscant Guard, of course - there are individuals who are understanding and do their best to treat individuals equally - however, I am here to address the entire thing. I feel as if the Coruscant Guard needs to be giving individuals warnings and having high-command or administrators make rulings on difficult subjects (an example is Cutie Points, which has just received a ruling). 

Individuals are arrested under the grounds for "FailRP" on multiple occasions. I believe @Extinzion summed it up best in a different thread. I feel that it is a copout to arrest individuals on the grounds of FailRP with no further content. This not only misleads the public on why individuals were arrested, but also spurs confusion among said individuals as to what they may have done wrong. Even individuals such as Recon REG Commander Rider has tested the Coruscant Guard on many of these concepts and have found them to be in violation of the very core principles of CG - instead of keeping the peace, sometimes they seem to stir up conflict. FailRP needs to be noted within the ARs of what the individual had done, inclusive of whether or not the individual was AoSed. The public deserves to know the reasons, and by explaining or at least showing why the individual was arrested for FailRP, individuals enforcing rules and arresting may have an easier time as the public learns from their mistakes.

Keep in mind, this will also outline any corruption within CG if the CG are unable to come up with any true reason as to why the "FailRP" was an arrestable offence. My time in CG was overall not very enjoyable, either. Changes need to take place, and that should hopefully change the public's view of the Coruscant Guard to the peacekeepers and VIP protectors they're meant to be.

Please let me know what you think, or if you disagree with me on any of these points, especially CG.

TL:DR, I feel as if the Coruscant Guard should be more understanding, have more patience, give individuals who are deserving of said chances second chances, and should be required to outline the reasoning of FailRP instead of arresting under an umbrella term.

If more topics arise I will be adding them to the post. Thanks for hearing me out. Looking forward to your replies. I have explicit experiences as well, if anyone is interested in chatting one on one.

Edited by Vaal
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 4

I for one, feel as though the main concept that needs to be drilled into CG, or anyone in some sort of position of power, is that everyone that each of us will interact with is a human being. From my experiences, in those heated situations, many will lose sight of what each of us as gamers are doing: trying to enjoy ourselves, and make connection in this environment. Punishment is surely justified on repeat offenders, but one slip-up is not indicative of someone being a minge, or a "cancer" to the server. As for CG, everyone needs to be on the same page. Having CG with the same mindset (like the one described above,) would alleviate a good portion of the drama or confrontations that have been caused as of late. This also being said - those that are repeat offenders need to realize that impeding on someone else's experience will result in punishment. 

Great post - glad to see this being addressed. 

• Agree 2

I've been arrested for giving a commanding officer PTS and then a WO+ PTS because I forgot to give a rec to someone in my old PTS. And I'm like WTF since when was that a rule. I almost got in trouble for it as well in my battalion.

As a Ex-CG high command from superior I highly agree with all of these points.

The "everyone should be treated equal" was taken super serious on Superior to which we arrested BCMDs, High command. (All high ranking people no matter the title they had if they broke a rule [I even arrested the owner and their content creator multiple times]) We would even arrest our own CGs, even the officers if they broke an arrest able rule and then PT them afterwards and after that maybe even kick or demote. Might try CG on Synergy soon since I like being CG in general.

Edited by Extinzion
  • Agree 1

| Another one of those pesky OGs |

| Forums residentsleeper |

The fact that all CG and TG have a baton should not change.  I have played on multiple servers where they cuff first and then arrest. Yes this minimises the false arrests but it makes it almost impossible to arrest a DB shooter for example. Maybe it would be nice to get the cuffs back so they can cuff the accused about failrp etc.

About the false arrests, I was in CG for some days and I think the arrestable offences should be teached more when they become CG. So they will know when to arrests. 

About the CT arrests, CTs are new to the server, if you arrests them for small things, they will just leave. If you see a CT (that is NOT a straight up minge) always give them second chances. Same with CCs leaving the TR room, they don't always read the signs. If they get arrested before even getting trained, why should they bother even getting trained.

The "everyone should be treated equal" is in my opinion wrong in all aspects. High command has been here for a while and we know they know the rules. CTs and CCs on the other hand don't. And they need the help to know them, be kind to them and give them second chances unless it's a straight up minge like a DB shooter, and explain why what they did was wrong so they won't do it again.

Edited by Taur
13 hours ago, Vaal said:

Very rarely are warnings issued.

First of all we have to give warnings. We give 2 warnings and then on the 3rd time they do something wrong then they get arrested. We do not just arrest them on the first thing they do something wrong so why do you have to Lie. 

• Disagree 6

I guess I should try to say something since you're attempting to open a dialogue about CG.

Firstly, I'm glad you're doing this because every post about this topic so far has been dealt with containing high levels of childishness on both parties (as much as I'd hate to admit it, myself included.). I had assumed that you joined CG on the grounds that you wanted to see what went through our heads, wanted to hear what we talked about, and how we felt about certain situations on the server. However, I think your time in CG just wasn't long enough for you understand things from our perspective. 

You have to look at it from our eyes; every single day we get ridiculed for doing our jobs (a lot more lately with this outright harassment/hate speech towards our battalion). We're told to ignore this abuse, and not everyone in CG is infallable to consequences of this. It seems easy from an objective point of view to say that we just randomly arrest without warning. But you have to keep in mind that every arrest is subjective (which you seem to understand given that you believe everyone should get a second chance).

Some people do the same thing over and over again and expect the procedure of warning only to continue to do it later on. Some people just get arrested for the fuck of it, and the most common groups that do this ARE the CTs and the CCs. Bad behavior is easy to come from these groups because it presents little effort for the person doing it that involves joining a battalion. Yes, CTs are technically profiled. But this label is here for a reason. Truth be told, the average CG will always have their guard up around white armor, and that's probably never going to change. 

What I think should honestly happen at this point is to let this "feud" simmer for a while. The whole cutie thing has been handled by High Command and staff, and I think at this point we need to move on and let these wounds mend. CG will never stop being ridiculed, even if we all lose our batons. As much as people agree that change should be made, this fire has been going on for so long that it's causing people to be targetted for harassment, which is NOT okay. 

Tl;dr - Let us do our jobs. Allow us to be your allies rather than your enemies. We're all part of the same community here. 

• Agree 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

CG just needs to take a page out of ron pauls book on SUP and take no prisoners and arrest everyone for any rule broken (Hell he would arrest the admiral with no hesitation for the simplest of rules broken) no if ands or butts. That's how you properly do CG. Synergy claims to be a SERIOUS RP SERVER. but if CG can do nothing but give warnings like everyone and their mother seems to want. Then what is the point of having CG. I mean hell look at CG in the show, or in books. They give 0 fucks about your feelings. Fox did the right thing not stunning.

Edited by Mishue
  • Agree 1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

2 minutes ago, Joshua said:

We never got warnings for breaking PTS in DB. Also when Master Yoda tells you not to arrest a new CT who obviously dont know what he is doing you dont have three CG members in his face with their batons out like hungry dogs.

First of all PTS is always active in DB and we give 2 adverts/comms Saying PTS is always active and when DB starts the person that leads DB says PTS is active It also says it on the door so you cant say that their is no warnings because their is.

1 hour ago, Asus said:

First of all PTS is always active in DB and we give 2 adverts/comms Saying PTS is always active and when DB starts the person that leads DB says PTS is active It also says it on the door so you cant say that their is no warnings because their is.

The point is that new CTs don't know PTS is always active in DB

8 hours ago, Taur said:

The point is that new CTs don't know PTS is always active in DB

When it comes to debrief, people saying PTS is active is said multiple times. There are many opportunities for a CT to see it. Once when going in the room (there's literally a sign there), once when the Naval holding it says "PTS is active, break it and CG breaks you", and another time when a CG hits his "PTS is active" bind. There's three warnings right off the bat. And if we decide to be lenient and whisper to them, four. At what point is it just density and at what point is it ignorance? 

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

1 hour ago, Ratio (Dax Jr.) said:

When it comes to debrief, people saying PTS is active is said multiple times. There are many opportunities for a CT to see it. Once when going in the room (there's literally a sign there), once when the Naval holding it says "PTS is active, break it and CG breaks you", and another time when a CG hits his "PTS is active" bind. There's three warnings right off the bat. And if we decide to be lenient and whisper to them, four. At what point is it just density and at what point is it ignorance? 

I'm talking about right for a DB right when defcon 6 is called. If he does it in the middle of a DB, yes arrests them.

I got whacked for asking if a CG was ok in DB (mind you the actual DB was over) because he was shaking around like a fucking epilectic child. Of course there were 4 other cg around him who did nothing and the person who whacked me was the one who was shaking.  

Guess if a CG falls unconcious in db i’ll let him lay there \_(•_•)_/

21st's most useless long term member

why my shit keep getting deleted

I'm going to keep this short and simple, we give multiple warnings before most arrests except for such cases as RDM or an AOS and if you see a CG not warning people then I would prefer to know their names so I can be able to punish them accordingly. From what I see as XO of CG most people feel more comfortable blaming all of CG instead of reporting the troopers who are arrest happy. If you need to file a report please fill out our report form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lZ8ndnkjuXILVahuxaf821i5J6QSelDZ-UmT_lBTqEU/viewform?edit_requested=true

if for whatever reason you lose that link it is also available in our ts channel info.

On the topic of failrp I always include the reason in the ar for example "AR | Fox | failrp( walking on moonpool) | 1st | 10k" but I do agree we need to teach more of our troopers to include stuff like that so the general public can learn.

Contrary to popular belief, we are not monsters. Try and talk to us rather than letting your anger fester.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:39 AM, Asus said:

First of all we have to give warnings. We give 2 warnings and then on the 3rd time they do something wrong then they get arrested. We do not just arrest them on the first thing they do something wrong so why do you have to Lie. 

That's 100% not true, I have seen at least 10 times where someone is not warned before being arrested, and this is not including AOSes and DB shootings

Banned

Alright look, my problem with CG is your enlisted men. The fresh CGs, they are coming up with their own rules and enforcing them as they see fit. It's ridiculous how they run up to me and tell me to stop what I am doing. It happens at least once a week. You need to be teaching your enlisted ranks how to ENFORCE rules. Not CREATE their own rules. It gets really annoying when this happens. I normally argue in protest because I don't like being told what to do when I don't have to do it. Which may sound childish in and of itself, but thats just how I am. I am a leader, I don't take orders from PVT to CPLs who are creating their own rules. Especially when they threaten to arrest me if I don't listen to them. So for the love of god, please start enforcing your Enlisted's and Fresh join'ees to ENFORCE rules not CREATE them. 

• Agree 2

Tbh as a person that's had experience in both CG and TG I believe Vaal is completely and utterly correct here. CG have recently been extremely "jumpy" as if a child was given adderall and a baton. There have been many examples of this but one notable to me, is when TG were called to brig and a CG NCO got pretty pissed when TG walked into brig without signing in (even though we don't need to). Then the next day that mentality had spread to a couple of other lower ranking members, which was shown when Cin Drallig went into brig, which caused a big stir, with CG being a lil bit salty and giving themselves a bad taste of TG. CG on the server are basically Police and the Judge. They should take a step back and really look at situations instead of being complete nazis.

Lowkey gotta represent TG>CG

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

I'd like to thank you for your post Vaal as all opinions are more than welcomed. We do try and address the many issues on the server with minges and what not that happens not only from CTs this is harder to contain when server Vets add to the craziness things get hard especially for new Cg thrown out to deal with the crazy stuff that happens. We have to warn about 2-3 times per arrest depending on the arrest and reason for it. People cant call for fairness when they get upset at a simple mistake a new CG may make when people run around sharing "Cutie Points" and carrying on like that. There is a time and place to goof around i mean we all are guilty of minging about especially late at night but during the day server rules are enforced. 
 Yes CG has arrested people than have been let go because it wasnt deemed valid this happens especially when all hell is breaking loose on the server. To address the CT and CC issue most are warned more than once like for example there are (2) BIG SIGNS that say DO NOT LEAVE HERE... How many more warnings should we give? And CTs not all are bad but when people come on this server just to minge we must stop protecting that behavior for example " I wasnt warned for tresspass" Yet BIG SIGN SAYS EXPECT AN AOS... Every battalion has issues and I will not take away from the fact that false arrest do happen but Rules are to be enforced especially at peak hours. All complaints are dealt with when filed with valid evidence. This is a "serious Rp" server we cant upset when a Soldier runs around sharing cutie points and gets clunked... 
I love you all lets just get along.